• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ways I Can Improve?

Silver

I am the master of cakes
First off, I don't do EV training, sue me.
But anyways, I want to see how I can improve on my current team. I want to see what I can fix, and what I can improve on.
So...

Feraligatr
Level: 100
Held Item: Amulet Coin
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Torrent
Stats: Atk: 261 HP: 303 Def: 217 Sp. Atk: 201 Sp. Def: 207 Speed: 217
Moves: Surf, Dragon Pulse, Crunch, Ice Beam

Umbreon
Level: 73
Held Item: Muscle Band
Nature: Timid
Ability: Synchronize
Stats: Atk: 118 HP:251 Def: 199 Sp. Atk: 111 Sp. Def: 214 Speed: 159
Moves: Dig, Faint Attack, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse

Gardevoir
Level: 45 (in training)
Held Item: Wise Glasses
Nature: Impish
Stats: Atk: 78 HP: 130 Def: 80 Sp. Atk: 111 Sp. Def: 122 Speed: 86
Attacks: Psychic, Magical Leaf, Trick Room, Shock Wave

Meganium
Level: 66
Held Item: Miracle Seed
Nature: Docile
Ability: Overgrow
Stats: Atk: 143 HP: 198 Def: 166 Sp. Atk: 144 Sp. Def: 162 Speed: 142
Moves: Headbutt, Petal Dance, Body Slam, Magical Leaf

Typhlosion
Nature: Naive
Held Item: Charcoal
Ability: Blaze
Stats: Atk: 159 HP: 218 Def: 136 Sp. Atk: 195 Sp. Def: 133 Speed: 205
Moves: Shadow Claw, Lava Plume, Flamethrower, Dig

Ambipom
Level: 44 (in training)
Nature: Brave
Held Item: N/A
Ability: Pickup
Stats: Atk: 126 HP: 125 Def: 70 Sp. Atk: 74 Sp. Def: 74 Speed: 101
Moves: Swift, Double Hit, Astonish, Focus Punch

Well, must be the oddest, non-EV trained team ever. So, please judge.

Feraligatr

Well, you probably don't want gentle, with his attack, (yes, breed it again. Or, if this is the feralogatr you started with, breed it.), try for adamant. Doing this will call for a change in moveset, however. Instead of Surf, Dragon Pulse, and Ice Beam, try Waterfall, Dragon Claw, and Ice Fang.

Umbreon

Timid is alright for Umbreon, but given its base attack is higher than its base sp. attack (now remember, this is only by a few points, so re breeding is optional.), but try jolly. If you do go with Jolly, (and you probably should anyway), you will have to change Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse. Now, because The Types Ghost and Dark are super effective against the same things, try Toxic and Return (umbreon is a frendship evolution anyway, RIGHT?) And Toxic is for a lack of movepool.

Gardevoir

No impish for your Gardevoir. It lowers sp. attack! Go with modest or timid. (if you want more sp. attack or more speed, respectively.) Forgo Trick Room, Gardevoir hardly has the speed for it. Go for Signal Beam or Shadow Ball.

Meganium

Isn't Docile one of them natures that do nothing? Of course, perhaps that isn't such a bad thing here... (strictly from a no EV training point of view.) Instead of magical leaf, try Sleep powder/Stun Spore/Poison Powder. Instead of Headbutt, Lightscreen.

Typhlosion

Bad, bad naive! Don't get rid of your sp. defence. Go with Modest, and ditch Shadow Claw, Lava Plume, and Dig. Instead go with Focus Blast, Sunny Day, and Solarbeam. (for the lack of a movepool.)

Ambipom

Astonish is so not powerful enough you should be able to get rid of it for substitute, so you can sub punch. (this method ensure you will use focus punch every time)

Well, must be the oddest, non-EV trained team ever. So, please judge.[/QUOTE]

First off, I don't do EV training, sue me.
But anyways, I want to see how I can improve on my current team. I want to see what I can fix, and what I can improve on.
So...

Feraligatr

augh stats and levels. you don't want gentle. adamant or jolly, probably, and waterfall/return or waterfall/dragon claw is probably your best choice of nature coverage; supplement with either dragon dance and crunch or earthquake or substitute, or swords dance and aqua jet. amulet coin is a useless item.

Umbreon

dark/ghost is redundant coverage, but never mind that, umbreon has terrible offenses and 65 speed.

actually, I can't think of anything umbreon can do decently other than baton pass mean look and wish.

Gardevoir

psychic is terrible offensively; either shadow ball/focus blast or psychic/signal beam or focus blast/thunderbolt if you want to go offensive, although gardevoir is a bit too slow for that. not slow enough for trick room, though. it can do support nicely with dual screens and will-o-wisp and wish and boatloads of stuff like that, though.

Meganium

uh. yeah. meganium is good mostly for support, although leech seed is fun. other stuff does it better, though. although sub/swords dance/flail/seed bomb makes for a really fun set. docile is a useless nature.

Typhlosion

choice scarf eruption! really. base 100 speed, naive, base 109 spa, you can pull it off. supplement with fire blast, focus blast, and filler. it also gets earthquake and focus punch if you want to go mixed, I guess?

Ambipom

Well, must be the oddest, non-EV trained team ever. So, please judge.

brave is terrible on ambi. it wants every bit of speed it can get. fake out and u-turn, then two filler make use of its best tools available. taunt and pursuit are good, too.

Please be aware this forum is for competitive battling. If you're not going to bother EV training or otherwise fixing up your team with the given advice (or it's just a random ingame team), please don't post.

Back
Top Bottom