• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading? II

I just finished The Fault In Our Stars and An Abundance of Katherines both by John Green... THEY ARE SO GOOD!!! :D I love John Green, he is my new favorite author!

I finally finally finally FINALLY got my hands on Inheritance. Several years ago, I read the first three books and loved them. And recently I reread them, but I wouldn't let the same thing happen, so I ordered Inheritance on Amazon and now I have it. I will be reading it on the eleven hour drive to Gatlinburg.

Just started Inferno by Dan Brown...

Although I have to say, all of tphis Robert Langdon books start the same: Some woman, some person tries to kill him, he's being chased by government/secret society, and if possible, he wakes up injured.

Just started Inferno by Dan Brown...

Although I have to say, all of tphis Robert Langdon books start the same: Some woman, some person tries to kill him, he's being chased by government/secret society, and if possible, he wakes up injured.

Start the same, continue the same, end the same.

I finished Inheritance, and the ending wasn't what I wanted, but there's nothing I can do about it...but otherwise I found it excellent.

Currently reading Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King. I don't know if I like it or not.

Use of Weapons, Iain M. Banks. Unfortunately I'm aware it has a twist ending so I've been preoccupied trying to guess what it is.

Last edited:
Recently finished Purge by Sarah Darer Littman. It was REALLY good, but not as good as Wintergirls. They both are eating disorder based books, but Wintergirls is from the perspective of an anorexic girl, and Purge is from the perspective of a bulimic girl recovering in an in-patient hospital.

Now I am reading Skinny by Ibi Kaslik, which is half from the perspective of an anorexic girl who just came out of an in-patient hospital, and half from the perspective of her little sister who has to deal with her anorexic sister and has her own struggles. It is really good, but again, not Wintergirls good. Next, I am reading Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. And afterwards, I will read Looking for Alaska by John Green.

I just finished Skinny. I am like, in shock. One of the main characters died. Which is a good twist, but still!!!

I will start Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist either late tonight, are tomorrow morning. I am too freaked out by Skinny. I'll re-read it soon. Five stars.

Howl's Moving Castle!
Also recently finished Tina Fey's autobiography Bossypants which was excellent and now i love Tina Fey (amy poehler is better though i think!)

Since catching up on A Song of Ice and Fire, I've read The Visible World by Mark Slouka, Everything But You by Yilmaz Odabaşi, The Light Fantastic and Soul Music by Terry Pratchett and The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway, all of which were wonderful. I've also read Oroonoko by Aphra Behn, but that was for college and wasn't so much good as really interesting in the context of what I'm studying.

Currently, I'm reading Fantomina by Eliza Haywood for uni and Securing Liberty for debating (it's a collection of essays examining different sides of security/civil rights issues in the post-9/11 world). I may start reading something else for recreational purposes. I have around 100 books in my bedroom (and that's just at college, never mind at home), so I have plenty to choose from.

Inheritance and The Lord of the Flies, the latter of which is for school, which is preventing me from reading the former. Which sucks, because there's a green dragon on the cover, and I don't know what it is and I want to.

Back
Top Bottom