• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading? II

The Lost Hero is a good book. it's 500 pages, but a good book.

I'm currently reading The Familiars....only got through one page cause i wanted to come on here, XD!

A Clash Of Kings in the Game Of Thrones series.

It's so amazing, everyone! :D I'm going through it pretty slowly (I'm only in the one-hundreds, when there's about a thousand pages) compared to my usual rate, but it's surprisingly nice not to finish a book in two to three days.
My favorite characters are probably either Daenerys, Lysa or Jon and I'm also beginning to love Yoren so much. I really hope they don't die >(

However, I never really liked Ned that much anyway.

I just finished The Familiars, and it is SO awesome! It's about 300 pages. Hehe, you thought i was gonna say what it was about! Silleh inferior humans! I'm not just gonna put the page number cause you'll think I put the page number, which i did, but you wouldn't have found that out if you have just left this alone, wouldn't you. >=D. MWAHAHAHA! Now you'll never found out what the book's about, unless you read it yourself! >=D

Anyway, my library still doesnt have the Son of Neptune! >=U

Reading for my course kind of killed my love of reading for pleasure. I mean, I find that type of reading fun, picking apart arguments and writing notes and preparing essays and stuff, but when you do that for six hours every day you don't really want to do another hour of reading after that. Also, having to cook/wash up/go clubbing/band practice/phone home kind of takes up all my time now. I haven't played a video game or watched TV in over a month. ;_;

That said, I'm slowly making my way through Stephen Jay Gould's Wonderful Life. It's a really lovely book about paleontology, biology and a bit of history.

I recently finished The Exiled Queen, the second book of the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima. I liked it a lot and it was a decent length, too. Would definitely recommend it to fantasy/adventure fans.

I also read Witch and Wizard by James Patterson. It was only okay.

Back to the Future Divide. Second book of a Back to the Future trilogy. It's about a boy with a rare heart condition going to a world full of mythical creatures, and there, humans are the mythical creatures. Very nice book, I must say.

Restaurant at the End of the Universe :33

Back to the Future Divide. Second book of a Back to the Future trilogy. It's about a boy with a rare heart condition going to a world full of mythical creatures, and there, humans are the mythical creatures. Very nice book, I must say.

Aww, the ending of Jinx in the Divide is so sad η_η

Young Adam, Alexander Trocchi. Also Mrs Dalloway, Virginia Woolf, because I like to read my set texts two at a time!

I am currently reading The Son of Neptune for the third time. Yes. It's that good.

I'm reading The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima, and I LOVE it! I also read The Gift by James Patterson, which was only meh, and Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce, which I also loved.

EDIT: The Gray Wolf Throne was a grat book, but the ending was really dissapointing :(

Last edited:
Finished Back to the Future Divide (Seriously, that is dangerously close to the BttF movie) and I'm reading Jinx on the Divide now.

I am reading 'The Maze Runner' by James Dashner. It's one of those books where it's really ambiguous at the start and doesn't explain a lot in the beginning. I'm only about 10 pages in, and the thing I notice the most is how instead of cursing, the characters say things like 'klunk' and 'shank'. It's because the people invented a new kind of English or something, but it's really weird hearing someone say 'You'll klunk your pants' (yes, this does happen).

Also, I find it funny how The Maze Runner is by James Dashner

Back
Top Bottom