• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Whirlpool and RespectTheBlade vs. Mawile and Lord of the Fireflies

The problem with that is, though, is that it, like you have said, concerns reffings, not battles he is in. Also, he has been on often enough and long enough the past few days to post commands. I say we get a third party to post their opinion on this, though, to settle the issue fairly.

Negrek: No, I didn't. I probably should have done that >>. I'll do it now.

Legendary: D'oh. Sorry, I thought you were in the battle >>. Damn you drowsyness. Fine, I'll delay the DQ for now for 24 hours

Yes. Always send someone you're giving a DQ warning a PM or VM so that they know about it even if they don't see the thread update. Not optional.

In any case, the other people in the battle want him to stay in; the absence sheet post is also fine.

Negrek: Yeah, I keep forgetting not everybody subscribes to every thread they post in >>. Will do from now on.

LotF: Ok, done

Sorry everybody.

I'm so sorry I have't been able to post. I put in a thread that explains my absence, but this was really just selfish negligence on my part. I'm sorry.

alright... this does not look good.

Protect ~ Counter ~ Protect

Sorry, Capone, but this looks like about all you can do. We started off good, but I guess that didn't cut it. But don't worry, this loss is just a stepping stone on your path to becoming a Scrafty. Great job.

1+1v1+1 tag battle
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Odd Pavilion in the Middle of Nowhere

Well, exactly what it says on the tin. It's a strange gray-brick ruins on a hill that seems it could have been a temple long ago, with felled pillars and broken statues. Well, something seems to still be there, if not the legendaries themselves. Occasionally (i.e. 20% per round), a Psystrike, Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Mist Ball, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force, Dark Void, Seed Flare, Judgment (with STAB to the Pokémon's primary type), V-Create, Sacred Sword, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Glaciate, Relic Song, or Techno Blast (Normal-type), condensed into an orb that lasts a round, will appear somewhere in the ruins for a Pokémon to pick up (using an action) and use at any time, at the cost of 1.5 of the normal energy cost.

Team Nova Colinas

RespectTheBlade's Team
1imko5.jpg

scraggy.png

Capone (F)
Ability: Moxie
Health: 32%
Energy: 25%
Commands: Protect~Counter~Protect

Team Aline Bock

Mawile's Team
1imko5.jpg

archen.png

Karkat (M)
Ability: Sorta Kinda Not Really Defeatist
Health: 20%
Energy: 35%
Status: Stupid ancestors +1 Speed; Somewhat covered in Gastro Acid; Acrobatics Disabled (1 more action); currently high up in the air(+1% energy cost to stay afloat)
Commands: Aerial Ace/fly down~Acrobatics/Chill~Acrobatics/Chill

Lord of the Fireflies' Team
1imko5.jpg

Electrike.png

Voltari (M)
Ability: Lightningrod
Energy: 26%
Status: Only a matter of time until we win -1 Speed +2 Attack
Commands: Thunder Fang/Protect/Howl x3

Round 5 Begins!

Capone, weary and injured, threw up a shimmering green shield to protect herself from any injury for a little bit. She knew that it would be futile in the end, but any reprieve from more pain was good. Karkat, far above the battle still, noticed this and grudgingly abandoned his hope of attacking her, and instead just flew down to the ground gently to conserve energy, while Voltari sent a large, long battle cry into the air to power himself up for the last leg of the battle.

When Capone could not hold up the barrier for a moment longer, she dropped it and got into a defensive position. Just in time, too, for Karkat managed to reach her then and delivered a flurry of blows so fast that the battlers and ref could barely keep up. When he was done making mince meat of Capone, he turned his back and began to fly away when Capone lunged out at him, with all of the power of Karkat's attack and then some. However, she chose the worst possible time to attack him, for at the moment she lunged out he flapped his wing juuuuuuuust enough for the punch to hit thin air instead of the bony wing she was aiming for. Utterly shocked and disappointed at this, Capone just stood at the spot with a look that can only be described as "Oh crap" while Voltari began yet another battle cry.

Realizing just how revealed she was out in the open with no defense, Capone hastily threw up another shimmering shield, to which Karkat reacted with a nap instead of an attack, and Voltari performed another, this time useless, battle cry. Seeing that absolutely nothing else was going to happen, the ref called for the round to end.

Round 5 Over!

Team Nova Colinas

RespectTheBlade's Team
1imko5.jpg

scraggy.png

Capone (F)
Energy: 5%
Commands: Protect~Counter~Protect

Team Aline Bock

Mawile's Team
1imko5.jpg

archen.png

Karkat (M)
Energy: 34%
Status: Silly Scraggy, you can't win now +1 Speed; Somewhat covered in Gastro Acid;
Commands: Fly down~Acrobatics~Chill

1imko5.jpg

Electrike.png

Voltari (M)
Energy: 20%
Status: She isn't going to survive another round -1 Speed +6 Attack
Commands: Howl x3

Damage/Energy Calcs:

Protect: 4% energy
Fly(down): 5% energy
Howl: 2% energy
Acrobatics: 15% damage(reduced to 12% because of the damage reduction effect from counter), 6% energy
Counter: 24% damage, 12% energy(MISSED!)
Protect: 4% energy
Chill: +10% energy

Notes:

-Holy balls, counter missed.
-For counter's damage/energy calcs, I use the damage from after the damage reduction kicks in instead of before
-Sorry for it being rather hasty. I have some other things to do, and I wanted to finish this

Arena Notes:

-Some pillars are knocked over and there are cracks in the ground from the earthquake, and there's a big flat dusty spot between Capone and Karkat where Roar of Time did its thing

Next Round:

-RespectTheBlade attacks
-LotF and Mawile attacks
-I ref

... what.

Well, this is pretty suckish. HOW THE HELL DOES A COUNTER MISS?! CURSE YOU, RNG!

*regains composure*

Hmm... maybe... Well, let's try to take one out. Ice Punch x3 on Karkat. If he protects, Chill.

Ice Punch/Chillx3

1+1v1+1 tag battle
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Odd Pavilion in the Middle of Nowhere

Well, exactly what it says on the tin. It's a strange gray-brick ruins on a hill that seems it could have been a temple long ago, with felled pillars and broken statues. Well, something seems to still be there, if not the legendaries themselves. Occasionally (i.e. 20% per round), a Psystrike, Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Mist Ball, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force, Dark Void, Seed Flare, Judgment (with STAB to the Pokémon's primary type), V-Create, Sacred Sword, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Glaciate, Relic Song, or Techno Blast (Normal-type), condensed into an orb that lasts a round, will appear somewhere in the ruins for a Pokémon to pick up (using an action) and use at any time, at the cost of 1.5 of the normal energy cost.

Team Nova Colinas

RespectTheBlade's Team
1imko5.jpg

scraggy.png

Capone (F)
Commands: Ice Punch/Chillx3

Team Aline Bock

Mawile's Team
1imko5.jpg

archen.png

Karkat (M)
Status: Silly Scraggy, you can't win now +1 Speed; Somewhat covered in Gastro Acid;
Commands: Wing Attack x3

1imko5.jpg

Electrike.png

Voltari (M)
Energy: 20%
Status: She isn't going to survive another round -1 Speed +6 Attack
Commands: Quick Attack + Wild Charge~No command given

Round 6 Begins!

This is it, everybody thought. The battle would finally end this round. It was obvious who was going to win; what wasn't entirely obvious was by how much they would win.

For a few tense seconds after receiving commands and the round being signaled to begin, nobody moved. Then, there was a howl, a blur of fur, as Voltari rushed forward with all of his speed and might. As he ran, electricity began to run all across his fur, charging it, until it finally sparked to life all around him, just as he reached a tired and stunned Capone. Then, whether for overkill or just a subconscious thing, Voltari put on a final burst of speed before ramming Capone straight on.

The effect was instant. Capone was blown far back, going at least 25 feet before hitting one of the only pillars left standing, knocking it down-along with dislodging a chunk of it-as she careened into the ground and finally stopped. Voltari did not see this, however, for he had fainted just a couple of seconds after Capone was sent flying from sheer exhaustion. Karkat, who had been readying to hit Capone with his wings, simply stood watching with an expression that looked something like this.

The battlers and ref had a similar reaction, with everybody just standing in shocked silence at the power of the move until it dawned upon them all that the battle was over. Upon this realization, Whirlpool and RespectTheBlade hung their heads in defeat while Mawile and Lord of the Fireflies puffed up their chests in pride at their victory. The ref, meanwhile, prepared a method to get them all out of there as soon as possible, and once all of the Pokemon had been returned, he gave the command and his Gardevoir teleported the entire group out of the ruins and back to ASB Central.

End of Round 6!

Team Nova Colinas

RespectTheBlade's Team
1imko5.jpg

scraggy.png

Capone (F)
Health: 0%
Commands: Nothing

Team Aline Bock

Mawile's Team
1imko5.jpg

archen.png

Karkat (M)
Commands: Nothing

1imko5.jpg

Electrike.png

Voltari (M)
Health: 10%
Energy: 0%
Commands: Quick Attack+Wild Charge

Damage/Energy Calcs:

-Quick Attack+Wild Charge: 46% damage, 23% energy, 10% recoil(CRITICAL!)(Reduced to 41% damage due to not enough energy to fully use the combo)

Notes:

-HOLY SWEET JEGUS, THAT COMBO WAS A CRIT
-The damage/energy calc of the move is as follows: 16% damage, 9% energy(Quick Attack)+23% damage, 12% energy(Wild Charge)+7% damage(critical hit)+2% energy(Using a combo move energy cost)
-Capone fainted before Voltari, so I believe Capone will only get the base 1 exp. If I'm wrong, please correct me

Arena Notes:

-Some pillars are knocked over and there are cracks in the ground from the earthquake, and there's a big flat dusty spot between Capone and Karkat where Roar of Time did its thing. One of the downed pillars has a chunk out of it from where Capone hit it.

Prizes:

-Mawile and LotF get $16 each
-I get $10
-Whirlpool and Respect the Blade get $4 each
-Voltari and Karkat get 3 exp each
-Spidernet and Capone get 1 exp each

If I made an error, please correct me

AH MAH GAWD

Man, that's a lot of energy, I forgot having +6 attack kinda adds energy. Anyways, good game everyone, if that Counter hadn't miss it would've been pretty damn tight.

Back
Top Bottom