• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Xbox Question.

J.T.

wat
So my brother found a feature on our Xbox 360 while messing around on the menus with Modern Warfare 2 in, called Download. He thinks it means it downloads the game on the disc to the hard drive so you can play it without the disc in the Xbox. With that in mind, he's decided it would be a good idea to download every game we have to the hard drive and pawn off the game discs, then rent as many games as possible and download them to the hard drive to keep forever despite only paying ten bucks.

I'm fairly sure that's illegal, or that the feature doesn't work that way, or whatever. So out of curiosity, can anyone clear up what exactly this is?

I looked it up: according to this, your brother's got it wrong; it's used for downloading stuff off the Marketplace.

It's used to download the game directly to the hard drive for quieter and faster gameplay. You still need the game disc to launch the game.

I thought that too once I got my 360, but alas, you can't do that. It's only for a more leisurely playing experience.

Well, the problem was before, the 360 was notorious for spinning discs for the entire duration of gameplay. Especially for people who play for hours straight, this had the tendency to eat discs rather quickly.

^Did it? I never ran into that problem, which is odd, considering I'd leave my Xbox on for days, and play for at least half my weekend back when Vesperia first came out, and yet the disc is still practically perfect, aside from the random marks from the laser you get from use.

Ahh, okay. That makes sense now. Thanks, guys. I thought there was something fishy about the idea.

^Did it? I never ran into that problem, which is odd, considering I'd leave my Xbox on for days, and play for at least half my weekend back when Vesperia first came out, and yet the disc is still practically perfect, aside from the random marks from the laser you get from use.
Consider yourself lucky then?

Consider yourself lucky then?

Eh, maybe. The only problem I ever had was with putting up in the tower position, which always ate my friends' discs. Not like it matters anymore though, I never use my Xbox anymore, considering I only got it for three games, and now that those games are on the PS3, and I have one, it's just sitting there collecting dust until my sister can buy it from me.

Back
Top Bottom