• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Pokemon TCG: BioLeague

S. E.

I'm a crow, don't'cha know?
Pronoun
she
(Notice: You are expected to have some idea of how TCG works. I won't mind answering questions, but this tutorial is handy.)

Yes! You, a veteran Pokemon TCG player, have been chosen among 14 others to participate in the secret Pokemon BioLeague, a new league specializing in real Pokemon battles! You're not sure how or even if it's true, but you're excited to find out!

Within 24 hours of notification, you receive something from them in the mail. A letter, a form to fill out, and something called a "BioReader". Curious, you inspect the letter. It reads:

"We are happy to announce the official opening of the Pokemon BioLeague. Enclosed with this letter, you will find a BioReader. You will need this for the upcoming tournaments, and it will only work with your BioCards. Also enclosed with this letter, you will find a form. You will need to choose 1 of the 4 BioDecks, and send the form back to us to receive the BioDeck. BioDecks contain 5 Basic Pokemon, Stage 1 Pokemon, and Stage 2 & Legendary Pokemon, along with 19 Energy cards and 1 Stadium card of your choosing, making a grand total of 35 cards. They are all existing cards modified to be BioCards. By winning prize cards both from other players and from us, your BioDeck will become unique over time. BioCards are played differently than normal cards. You will be informed on how to play later, though our system shouldn't be too difficult to master for veterans of the old style.

-Director of Pokemon BioLeague"
~~~~~

*handy-dandy virtual dice*

How to play:
To start, the ref flips a coin or rolls a two sided die. If heads/1, player 1's Stadium card will be used. If tails/2, player 2's Stadium card will be used. Stadium cards stay in play throughout the entire battle. Then, the ref rolls one 34-sided die (A Stadium Card cannot become a Prize Card) for each player. The card of the number that got rolled becomes that player's prize card. At the end, the winner will receive a duplicate the other player's prize card and have to send a card from the new card's category to Card Storage. Depending on the tournament, the player may also receive an exclusive card from the BioLeague. The losing player does not lose any of their cards. Back to the beginning of the game. Each player starts with their 5 Basic Cards. Each player then rolls a 5 sided die to determine the active card. Then, player 1 goes first, following the same method as the normal card game. After that, player 2.

Evolution:
After a Pokemon has 1/3 health left or 1/2 health left and a status condition and has attacked at least three times, it can evolve to the next level. To evolve, just use the Pokemon it will evolve into's card as if it were an Energy card. After evolving, that Pokemon is rid of all damage and status conditions.
~~~~~

Character Form:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
BioDeck (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh):
Stadium Card(From any 4th gen deck):
Choice? (Skip this if Kanto):

BioDecks(Images courtesy of PokeBeach.com):
Kanto Deck:
Pokemon:
Basic:
1. Bulbasaur (Secret Wonders)
2. Charmander (Secret Wonders)
3. Squirtle (Secret Wonders)
4. Pidgey (Secret Wonders)
5. Pikachu (Mysterious Treasures)
Stage 1:
6. Ivysaur (Secret Wonders)
7. Charmeleon (Secret Wonders)
8. Wartortle (Secret Wonders)
9. Pidgeotto (Secret Wonders)
10. Raichu (Mysterious Treasures)
Stage 2 & Legendary:
11. Venusaur (Secret Wonders)
12. Charizard (Secret Wonders) (Note: Fury Blaze is instead activated when Charizard is below 70 health)
13. Blastoise (Secret Wonders)
14. Pidgeot (Secret Wonders)
15. Mewtwo (Majestic Dawn)
Energy:
Grass x5 (16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Fire x5 (21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Water x5 (26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
Electric x2 (31, 32)
Psychic x2 (33, 34)

Johto Deck:
Pokemon:
Basic:
1. Chikorita (Mysterious Treasures)
2. Cyndaquil (Mysterious Treasures)
3. Totodile (Mysterious Treasures)
4. Togepi (Great Encounters)
5. Natu (Secret Wonders)
Stage 1:
6. Bayleef (Mysterious Treasures)
7. Quilava (Mysterious Treasures)
8. Croconaw (Mysterious Treasures)
9. Togetic (Great Encounters)
10. Xatu (Secret Wonders)
Stage 2 & Legendary:
11. Meganium (Mysterious Treasures)
12. Typhlosion (Mysterious Treasures)
13. Feraligatr (Mysterious Treasures)
14. Togekiss (Great Encounters)
15. Ho-Oh (Secret Wonders) / Lugia (Secret Wonders) (Choice)
Energy:
Psychic x4 (31, 32, 33, 34) (If Lugia)
Psychic x1 (31) Fire x3 (32, 33, 34) (If Ho-Oh)

Hoenn Deck:
Pokemon:
Basic:
1. Treecko (Great Encounters)
2. Torchic (Great Encounters)
3. Mudkip (Great Encounters)
4. Swablu (Great Encounters)
5. Ralts (Secret Wonders)
Stage 1:
6. Grovyle (Great Encounters)
7. Combusken (Great Encounters)
8. Marshtomp (Great Encounters)
9. Altaria (Great Encounters)
10. Kirlia (Secret Wonders)
Stage 2 & Legendary:
11. Sceptile (Great Encounters)
12. Blaziken (Great Encounters)
13. Swampert (Great Encounters)
14. Rayquaza (Legends Awakened)
15. Gardevoir (Secret Wonders) (Notice: Telepass works the same, only with the Stadium card in your opponent's deck.) / Gallade (Secret Wonders) (Choice)
Energy:
Psychic x4 (31, 32, 33, 34) (If Gardevoir)
Psychic x1 (31) Fighting x3 (32, 33, 34) (If Gallade)

Sinnoh Deck:
Pokemon:
Basic:
1. Turtwig (Majestic Dawn)
2. Chimchar (Majestic Dawn)
3. Piplup (Majestic Dawn)
4. Starly (Majestic Dawn)
5. Riolu (Legends Awakened)
Stage 1:
6. Grotle (Majestic Dawn)
7. Monferno (Majestic Dawn)
8. Prinplup (Majestic Dawn)
9. Staravia (Majestic Dawn)
10. Lucario (Legends Awakened)
Stage 2 & Legendary:
11. Torterra (Majestic Dawn)
12. Infernape (Majestic Dawn)
13. Empoleon (Majestic Dawn)
14. Staraptor (Diamond and Pearl)
15. Dialga (Majestic Dawn) / Palkia (Majestic Dawn) (Choice)
Energy:
Fighting x2 (31, 32) Steel x2 (33, 34) (If Dialga)
Fighting x2 (31, 32) Water x2 (33, 34) (If Palkia)
~~~~~

Sign-up List:

1. Krissy Maple (Hoenn Deck, Gardevoir): Shining Eevee
Deck Edits: (None)
Card Storage: (Empty)
Matches: 0 In progress, 0 Lost, 0 Won, 0 Total
Stadium: Dawn Stadium (Majestic Dawn)
2. Alana (Johto Deck, Lugia): shadow_lugia
Stadium: Snowpoint Temple (Legends Awakened)
3. Xavier (Sinnoh Deck, Palkia): MurrMurr
Stadium: Lake Boundary (Mysterious Treasures)
4. Mystari "Mysti" Allyssa Endris (Kanto Deck): Mewtwo
Card Storage: Empty
Stadium: Moonlight Stadium (Great Encounters)
5. Blade (Johto Deck, Lugia): ChaosTres
Card Storage: Empty
Stadium: Stark Mountain (Legends Awakened)

Refs (Must be on the normal sign-up list as well):

1. Shining Eevee
2. MurrMurr

This RP has not started yet. It needs 6 members and 3 refs to start.
~~~~~

Name: Krissy Maple
Appearance: Has brown hair, brown eyes, and a red shirt with denim shorts. She is approximately 6 feet tall.
Personality: Krissy is very hasty, and a sucker for cute things. The way she likes to rush into things without thinking makes one wonder how she ever got good at TCG. Perhaps she's just compelled by the cute Pokemon.
BioDeck (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh): Hoenn
Stadium Card(From any 4th gen deck): Dawn Stadium (Majestic Dawn)
Choice? (Skip this if Kanto): Gardevoir

Last edited:
Name: Alana
Appearance: Alana has bright red hair, which she dislikes wearing up. Her eyes are hazel, and she has several freckles on her face and arms, with a few on her legs.
Personality: Alana is calm and prefers to think and make a strategy rather than be rash and just use force. She is in it to win, although she always tells herself that if she loses, then atleast she'll have had fun, and participated in an event including her favorite hobby, Pokemon.
BioDeck: Jhoto
Stadium Card: Snowpoint Temple (Legends Awakened)
Choice: As if you didn't know ;D*

*In case you're stupid, it's Lugia

Name: Alana
Appearance: Alana has bright red hair, which she dislikes wearing up. Her eyes are hazel, and she has several freckles on her face and arms, with a few on her legs.
Personality: Alana is calm and prefers to think and make a strategy rather than be rash and just use force. She is in it to win, although she always tells herself that if she loses, then atleast she'll have had fun, and participated in an event including her favorite hobby, Pokemon.
BioDeck: Jhoto
Stadium Card: Snowpoint Temple (Legends Awakened)
Choice: As if you didn't know ;D*

*In case you're stupid, it's Lugia
Fortunately, I'm not stupid. :)

Accepted.

Name: Xavier
Appearance: Xavier has frizzy black hair, dark skin, and blue eyes. His hands and feet are big, but he's short for a 16-year old.
Personality: Xavier is determined and nonconformist to the point of being a maverick. He goes his own way, but is always ready to help those worse off. He has a bit of a temper and is an insomniac (just in case sleeping is part of the plan).
BioDeck (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh): Sinnoh
Stadium Card(From any 4th gen deck): Lake Boundary (Mysterious Treasures)
Choice? (Skip this if Kanto): Palkia

Name: Xavier
Appearance: Xavier has frizzy black hair, dark skin, and blue eyes. His hands and feet are big, but he's short for a 16-year old.
Personality: Xavier is determined and nonconformist to the point of being a maverick. He goes his own way, but is always ready to help those worse off. He has a bit of a temper and is an insomniac (just in case sleeping is part of the plan).
BioDeck (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh): Sinnoh
Stadium Card(From any 4th gen deck): Lake Boundary (Mysterious Treasures)
Choice? (Skip this if Kanto): Palkia
Accepted.

Doesn't /anyone/ want to be a ref? It's not as if you can't battle.

Name: Mystari(Mysti) Allyssa Endris
Appearance:Blonde, curly hair, her favorite shirt is white with pink sleeved, trimming, and collar and has a Mew in the middle. On some days, she wears the excact same shirt, but the pink is purple and it has a Mewtwo on it. She wears blue jeans a lot and blue sneakers.
Personality:PO
BioDeck (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh):Kanto(yay, Mewtwo!)
Stadium Card(From any 4th gen deck):*owns no Sinnoh card decks that have stadiums* Um... Pie? =D? Can someone give me a list of stadiums? The only one I know about is Sidneys Stadium!

Appearance:Blonde, curly hair, her favorite shirt is white with pink sleeved, trimming, and collar and has a Mew in the middle. On some days, she wears the excact same shirt, but the pink is purple and it has a Mewtwo on it. She wears blue jeans a lot and blue sneakers.
Stadium Card(From any 4th gen deck):*owns no Sinnoh card decks that have stadiums* Um... Pie? =D? Can someone give me a list of stadiums? The only one I know about is Sidneys Stadium!
Every single link in the first post besides the first two link to PokeBeach... Including everyone else's sign-ups...

Haven't played this in ages (and hadn't seen ANY of the cards in the deck), but here goes:

Name: Fred Jones
Appearance: At 6 foot 3 and with a broard frame, Fred is rather imposing. He has short, neat brown hair and usually wears a dark suit.
Personality: Quiet and serious, though he can warm up to people on occasion
BioDeck: Sinnoh
Stadium Card: Snowpoint Temple (Legends Awaken)
Choice: Dalgia

The background is basicly Fred is a former champion from many years ago, who has come back into the game specifically for the BioLeague

Also I'll ref
Um, which was 'Dalgia' supposed to be, Dialga or Palkia?

Allright... I've chosen a stadium! *reposts form*

Stadium Card(From any 4th gen deck):Moonlight Stadium (Great Encounters)

Allright... I've chosen a stadium! *reposts form*

Stadium Card(From any 4th gen deck):Moonlight Stadium (Great Encounters)
Accepted.

Can I reserve?... Anybody from the competitive TCG world know who I was back in the 05-07 years? Canada?...Well Either way... I don't feel like making a reserve but this is too awesome to pass up... can I reserve?:grin:

Can I reserve?... Anybody from the competitive TCG world know who I was back in the 05-07 years? Canada?...Well Either way... I don't feel like making a reserve but this is too awesome to pass up... can I reserve?:grin:
Sure.

Name: Blade
Appearance: Average height, a white tee, black jeans and shoes, and black wristbands.
Personality: Quiet and calm
BioDeck: Johto
Stadium Card: Stark Mountain
Choice: Lugia

*facepalm*

Stark Mountain is a 4th gen Stadium card. It's kind of in the same deck as Snowpoint Temple's card.

((It is?

I didn't know that. *needs to save up allowance so I can find all of the cards*))

Name: Matt(I`ts his nickname, real name is TBA)
Appearance: He has dark brown hair that goes down to the back of his neck with bangs that that barely hang into his eyes as well as eyes the same colour as his hair, and wears a blue shirt with palm trees on it. He also wears a blue shiny hat that has a Deoxys on the front.
Personality: Generally calm and collected, he tends to analyse everything the best he can. He also seems to be quite the character out of battle, and is worrited that the real life pokemon will distract him even though he would love to be in the bioleague
BioDeck (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh): Hoenn
Stadium Card(From any 4th gen deck): Stark mountain
Choice? (Skip this if Kanto):Gallade, I prefer Gardevoir as a pokemon but gallade makes a better deck

Back
Top Bottom