• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

David Tennant quits as Doctor Who

I think I'll cry... Tenant was so awesome as the Doctor.

No clue who it'll be next. Be interesting if it was a woman, although I dunno if the plot allows for gender-changes during regenerations.

D:

My mum just told my brother over the phone.

I can hear
"WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT"

I'm sad :(

EDIT: They need to keep the same Doctor and assistant partnership for more than one series. I don't like all of this change :(

Last edited:
D:

I thought he was just taking a year off to do his Shakespeare thing.

I'm glad I came into the series after Nine left, because that would have been sadder, but this was sort of expected. And anyway, he's had three years - more than the average, I think. I just hope they pick the right person for Eleven.

...I saw my housemate earlier and she wasn't crying tears of blood, so I don't think she knows yet. o.o
I don't know how she'll react to the news, but since she has posters of him on every wall of her room (plus the calendar, figurines and ticket stubs from his performances of Hamlet), I don't think it'll be pretty.

I'm really interested to see who they'll cast as Eleven, too. I'm hoping he'll be gay, because given how many people -especially kids- watch it, it'd be really great (gay visibility in media, especially as mainstream as the BBC is terribly low), and it's not like the writers have anything against it. *crosses fingers*

Oh my god.... I'm going to miss him so much! I can't wait to see who they cast as number eleven though.

@Danni. Can you take a vid of the breakdown?

fuckkkkkkkkkkk

why do we have to have a year off if he's leaving anyway then augh >:(
I believe it's something to do with the transition to Moffat.
I was annoyed, but if it makes Series 5 all the more epic, I'm fine with it, considering we still get a few specials in 2009

I'm really interested to see who they'll cast as Eleven, too. I'm hoping he'll be gay, because given how many people -especially kids- watch it, it'd be really great (gay visibility in media, especially as mainstream as the BBC is terribly low), and it's not like the writers have anything against it. *crosses fingers*

We have Captain Jack already. If 11 is gay, it'll send the fans raging with Doctor/Jack pairings.

Noooooooooooooooooo! How did I not see this thread before? :<<<<

...Oh yeah, I remember why now. I suck. :P

I heard this information on the news after watching Heroes on BBC3 and thought to myself: "Nah, it must just be a hoax or something! He wouldn't leave now would he?"

Unfortunately it was plastered over the news yesterday along with Johnathan Ross' prank call. I think this is slightly more important than that though but people obviously have nothing better to talk about than a prank call.

I really liked David Tennant as the Doctor and there are only two actors I would allow to take up the next Doctor role, one of which is female so it probably wouldn't ever happen.

EDIT: They need to keep the same Doctor and assistant partnership for more than one series. I don't like all of this change :(

Agreed: People will not get bored with the same two main characters for more than one series if said characters are good

D:

I thought he was just taking a year off to do his Shakespeare thing.

He is (although there are some specials), but he isn't coming back afterwards now

As far as the actor goes, I don't think it matters that much. For the character we don't need him gay - that's why we have Jack Harkness for.

fuckkkkkkkkkkk

why do we have to have a year off if he's leaving anyway then augh >:(

Because the decision to take a year off was made beforehand, and Tennant isn't actually leaving until 2010, there just won't be a series next year due to his time commitments

I vote Hamster for Doctor!

Me too.

Ok I swear I am the ONLY person who's known this for ages
...or maybe my dad just suspected this for ages, one of the two

Tennant would've had... 4 or so years after the 2009 specials anyway and that's a decent amount of time lol :B

I'm not /so/ bothered about him leaving, because Jon Pertwee was /my/ doctor (my dad's been a fan since 1963 and most episodes I saw when I was little were the 3rd doctor) and I'm actually more excited to see who'll be the 11th Doctor and what he'll be like and stuff...

also
Dannichu said:
They have Jack for the gay. And I'm sure there have been bazillions of other gay moments through the new series so maybe having the Doctor be gay would be... overkill? anyway can timelords even change their sexuality when they regenerate

I believe it's something to do with the transition to Moffat.
No, it was just great timing.

Tennant planned to leave after 3 series as he said in the interview, the duo just left at the same time.

Also, I would like a female Doctor, it may give a twist to the tale. Not as much as I want Hammond in the TARDIS though.

@All the comments on a gay Doctor - who says there should only be one gay character?

@All the comments on a gay Doctor - who says there should only be one gay character?
There doesn't /need/ to be loads... it wouldn't matter if there weren't any at all, it's kind of irrelevant to the show really
Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that Jack's anything-sexual but y'know it doesn't matter does it?

In a show where we only have two/three significant male characters (The Doctor, Jack, and (possibly) Mickey Smith), of which two are only in every so often, having the two male characters with the most screen time (including Torchwood) gay would constitute overkill.

There is of course nothing to stop them adding a new gay character to the cast, but making the 11th Doctor gay isn't the way to do it.

I supppose that's a good point.

I just realised how awesome it'd be if Davros was gay :3

Back
Top Bottom