• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Unsolved Mysteries We Take for Granted

ok, here are two really wierd things. 1: the random pokemon trainers. do they just stand there all day, not eating, drinking, sleeping, going to the toilet or doing anything at all? same for the person your playing as, which is my second thing. people are just there al the time, standing there, waiting for you to apear and completely thrash them.......all day, and all night...........
meh

When you're not looking, they do stuff. They have a thing which detects your location so they know exactly when to get back into position. Problem is, their idiocy causes them to think that they can beat you in a rematch.

Why don't you ever have to wash your clothes? I assume that your mom does it when you come home for fifty seconds, but what about the rest of the time?

Oh, and i have ofically decided that your rival is stalking you throughout the game so that they can jump on you at the most inconvient times.

• Does the term "National Pokedex" imply that all the different regions are under a common government
  • No, it's a gathering of the research of all the Professor's in all the regions, and is updated when a Professor completes his/her research.

• ....Now that I think about it, IS there a government? The closest thing we seem to get to a president is the Elite Four Champion. :/
  • Considering the fact that there is a Police Force (Officer Jenny, Looker, and to some extent, the Rangers), we can assume so.

• Speaking of the Champion, why do we always rematch him/her every time we rebattle the Elite Four? Does he/she keep on stealing our title, or what?
  • You're defending the title, obviously. >_>
  • Anyways, back to the government. If there IS a government at all, why don't they stop criminal groups like Team Rocket or Team Galactic? If I were the president, I wouldn't want crooks like those guys running around MY country.
  • Maybe they just don't know about them?
  • If genderless Pokemon can't reproduce without Ditto, then why do more and more keep popping up? Do they have a secret stash of Dittos? O_O;
  • I'm sure they reproduce somehow, maybe they mate with each other only once every few years?
  • Also, if legendary Pokemon can't reproduce, why does everybody seem to have them?
  • Because it's a game.
  • I'm not trying to be inappropriate here, but I find it quite strange that girls start growing boobies at age 10. O_o;
  • That's quite common, actually.
  • And why do parent let their kids go off into the world at age 10? Kids don't know how to take care of themselves all alone!
  • They will have a magical creature to defend them. =/
  • There seems to be a lack of regular animals (EG: pigs, cows, etc.) So.... what do people eat? Do they feast on Pokemon? :O
  • They're humans, their diet is probably no different than ours.
  • Why do you deposit letters on your PC? Wouldn't it be easier just to invent e-mail?
  • E-Mail doesn't exist there yet, silly!
  • We find lots of fossils of Kabuto, Lileep, Cranidos, etc. But what about their evolutions? Only one Kabutops fossil has been found, and I can't seem to find any fossils of Armaldo or Omystar!
  • Simply put, there are two possible explanations:
  • 1. They are much rarer than others.
  • 2. They are located in deeper levels of sediment.
  • On a similar note, these fossil Pokemon shouldn't have been the ONLY Pokemon back then. Surely, there were other Pokemon species too, right? Why can't we find any fossils of Pokemon such as Yanmega or Magikarp?
  • In the anime it is shown that Sunkern lived during that time, and the first movie showed that Mew did too. Also, it is mentioned that Mamoswine was discovered after it was found frozen in ice for thousands of years. Magikarp would be located at the bottom of the ocean, where it will be harder to find, and Yanmega is an invertebrate, so it can't have a fossils.
  • Also, why open museums that only have 2-3 exhibits? The Pewter City Museum, the Oreburgh Coal Museum, the Slateport Museum.... all of those are quite pathetic compared to the Smithsonian. Why bother building useless museums?
  • For edutainment! Obviously...
  • Speaking of buildings.... I have yet to see a house that includes a bathroom! :O
  • Nintendo didn't want you walking in on people on the crapper, so they put it somewhere where you can't reach it (to the left or right).
  • Berry trees have a wide range of leaf colors. Blue, pink, orange, etc. So.... why are all of the boundary trees green? Why not have some red pine trees? Or purple bushes? Or black grass? Why are all the trees GREEN???
  • It's easier to make, also something about overworld sprite restrictions.
  • Some trainers are known as "Psychics." They usually have psychic Pokemon. So.... unless their names are purposely misleading, it would seem that these "Psychics" have psychic powers, right? How did they acquire these psychic abilities?
  • They were born with them, or they discovered that there is no spoon.
  • How the heck does a Zubat or a Pidgey use fly to carry a human to another city? Even if they are Pokemon, they would clearly collapse with the effort?
  • First, Zubat can't learn Fly, second, magical creatures, hello!
  • How does a Pokemon use Surf inside a building? Does it call upon the power of plumbing facilities?
  • Yes. And the pool.
  • How do you travel between regions? I find it very doubtful that Professor Oak walks between Kanto and Johto. It even sounds questionable to take a boat between Hoenn and Sinnoh!
  • Plane, or boat travel. The're are also bikes and trucks. And flying Pokemon. He may walk, by the way.
  • If so many people ride bikes (and even a few motorcycles), then why aren't there more roads? Surely, your grandpa isn't going to risk going through the tall grass just to get to the next town!
  • Routes are walking and biking paths, there are roads, you just can't see them.
  • Where do people buy there groceries? The PokeMarts seem to only sell adventure supplies. :/
  • How do you know that they only sell that? Also, Herb shops.
  • Every time you beat a trainer, you get prize money. The thing is.... where do they get that kind of cash? And how do items such as the "Luck Incense" double your prize money? Do they hypnotize the trainer into emptying his/her wallet?
  • They have side jobs, or win it off people who have side jobs. It's lucky, it makes the Trainer clumsy, so they accidently grab a little more.
  • It has been mentioned in the early games that Mew originated in South America. How does this work?
  • Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Almia, Fiorre, Orre, and Hoenn are regions, not countries or continents, the world is large.
  • Deoxys is clearly NOT of the game's planet, yet it is still a Pokemon. Does this imply that Pokemon originated elsewhere in the universe AND THEN arrived on this planet?
  • Deoxys is a virus that mutated into an organism, it showed similar traits as a Pokemon and was classified as such.
Responses in Bold.

Umbreon-Dana said:
In the anime it is shown that Sunkern lived during that time, and the first movie showed that Mew did too. Also, it is mentioned that Mamoswine was discovered after it was found frozen in ice for thousands of years. Magikarp would be located at the bottom of the ocean, where it will be harder to find, and Yanmega is an invertebrate, so it can't have a fossils.

you fail archaeology forever

First off, continental drift (or whatever the proper term for it would be, i cba to remember). What was ocean eons ago might be a desert today. Second, ferns don't have skeletons either, but guess what! We have fern fossils out to wazoo!

A larger point than any made previously: it is a goddamn video game. Shut up and stop applying logic to it.

This thread is mostly in fun. Of course it's a video game, where ordinary rules of time and space don't apply, but that doesn't need to stop us from making strange theories and laughing about them. Look at Butterfree's 'Conspiracy Theories' section on the main site.

you fail archaeology forever

First off, continental drift (or whatever the proper term for it would be, i cba to remember). What was ocean eons ago might be a desert today. Second, ferns don't have skeletons either, but guess what! We have fern fossils out to wazoo!

A larger point than any made previously: it is a goddamn video game. Shut up and stop applying logic to it.

You fail getting a girlfriend, forever.

That doesn't guarantee it though, for all we know, the Magikarp could've been an endangered species back then, and only lived in areas that have always been oceans thus far.

No, those are imprints. Yanmega are flying invertebrates, and are too large to get trapped in sap from anything smaller than a forty foot wide tree. As they are flying creatures, it's going to be damn near impossible to find a place where they stayed grounded long enough to form an imprint.

To counteract that, I say it's a goddamned Pokemon forum, which means we're going to try to apply logic to it as long as it exists.

AND...

I'M THE GODDAMNED BATMAN!

ok, heres one. Why cant you use a fire attack like flamethrower to burn down treed instead of cutting them?
meh~

Um, Forest Fires?

Whose gonna stop you, honestly? The Pokemon Rangers?

'Hey, you can't just start forest fires like that!'

'I'm the goddamn Champion, I'll light up whatever the hell I want!'

It's all fun and games until you're burning in agony. =/

Also, Chuck Norris Kyogre has a pretty good chance of stopping you. Or Team Aqua. Or the forest Pokemon.

Well, pokemon like scyther should be able to do it WITHOUT the HM. Really, it's not like it doesn't know how to chop something up into tiny pieces unless it has that stupid move. The only reason that the HMs are required is because they needed a way to keep people from jumping ahead in the games.

They can run out of the forest and maul you, you know.

And if that stuff doesn't work, SMOKEY THE BEAR SHALT COME.

ok then........how does earthquake work when your surfing? how does it work at all? wouldnt it shake the ground to pieces, cause tidal waves, kill evryone and everything except water pokemon, and end life as we know it?
meh~

The shockwaves are on a small scale, causing little waves which pick up sediment and stuff from the ocean floor, and are flung at the other Pokemon.

That's just my theory, though.

ok, here's one. Why cant you use a fire attack like flamethrower to burn down treed instead of cutting them?
meh~

The law of the land, made by the professor, says you can't, as pertains to his magical abilities, he knows where you are and what you are doing at any given moment in the game.

ok then........how does earthquake work when your surfing? how does it work at all? wouldn't it shake the ground to pieces, cause tidal waves, kill everyone and everything except water pokemon, and end life as we know it?
meh~

See above, water magically hardens and it works like normal Earthquake.

Why don't you ever have to wash your clothes? I assume that your mom does it when you come home for fifty seconds, but what about the rest of the time?

Oh, and i have officially decided that your rival is stalking you throughout the game so that they can jump on you at the most inconvenient times.

They don't wash their clothes as they apparently never suffer from HBO. :P

Yes, your rival stalks you, it's scary when it's a rival of the opposite gender, that goes a bit far. *cough*

I have a few things that have to do with the amazing POKEMON CENTER:
1) How the heck does Nurse Joy's little flashy machine cure your Pokemon?! Is it some alien technology? Are the Nurse Joys slowly gathering information from our world, waiting to call the Mothership and start the invasion? Beam ME up, Scotty.
b) Where did Chansey go? I know that in the older games, Chansey was there by Joy, but.. where did it go? Is the economy bad in PokeLand, too?
I know that I basically answered myself, but... uh... end. *Shot*

I have a few things that have to do with the amazing POKEMON CENTER:
1) How the heck does Nurse Joy's little flashy machine cure your Pokemon?! Is it some alien technology? Are the Nurse Joys slowly gathering information from our world, waiting to call the Mothership and start the invasion? Beam ME up, Scotty.
b) Where did Chansey go? I know that in the older games, Chansey was there by Joy, but.. where did it go? Is the economy bad in PokeLand, too?
I know that I basically answered myself, but... uh... end. *Shot*

It probably sends a light radiation that causes the cells to regenerate at an obscenely high rate. Or I'm just crazy and it's magic light.

And Chansey either work in the backrooms, or the Nurses have finally gotten their own Pokeballs.

A mystery of Pokemon that always baffled is that Zubat can use Mean Look without eyes. Or Zangoose can't learn cut with gigantic claws... O___o

Also, I don't get why Bug type moves are super effective against Psychic and Dark. It's kinda confusing...

Back
Top Bottom