• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

I don't think that's quite what he's asking. I think he means that if a pokémon is fast enough to create, say five clones in one go, and already has five clones, he's not sure if it could create any more clones at all. And yes, it could. That limit only applies to the number of clones created at once, not the maximum that can appear on the field at a time, although as a ref I wouldn't have maintaining some ridiculous number of clones work very well at all; they'd probably start popping off on their own until they were back down to something manageable. It would theoretically be even easier to remove multiple clones at once with a single attack if things got crowded.

Is Smack Down affected by Sheer Force?

Sheer Force: This pokémon has no care for subtlety or chancy gambits, preferring to brute force its way through battle. It doesn't waste time trying to add fancy extra effects to its attacks when it could just use that energy to pile on even more damage. If a pokémon with this ability uses an attack that would ordinarily have a side effect with a less-than-100% chance of occurring, that side effect will never occur but the attack's power is multiplied by 1.3
So nope.

Some people ref it as being the full recovery on the first actions, some ref it as spread out over the three. It always adds up to whatever is needed to return the user to 100% at the time it was first used, however.

Actually, if memory serves I've seen a few refs that have rest gradually recover health but, for reasons I don't remember, actually don't have it restore up to 100%. It's been a while since I've seen that, though, so I doubt anyone who's actively reffing does.

Regardless, ask your ref which interpretation they prefer before you order it. If they do the "restore to 100% in one shot" version as I do then there's a good chance your pokémon will knock itself out if it's low on energy, whereas that's less likely with the gradual version.

Can a damaging attack that successfully hits the opponent do 0% damage?
No.

Is there any non-switching way to shed the effects of Smack Down?
For flying pokémon, no. For hovering pokémon, anything that resets the pokémon's ability to levitate (e.g. using magnet rise) will allow them to hover until they get smacked down again. I guess flying pokémon can at least hover after being smacked down if they get their ability changed to levitate as well.

Given that Voltorb, Electrode, and Stunfisk don't have fur, I think this description needs tweaking.
Edited.

If a Pokémon has an ability that renders them immune to the opponent's attack, like Motor drive, would their substitute be immune too? And would they still receive the stat boost?

Also, do substitutes block attract? I could have sworn they did, but I saw a couple of people reffing it differently, so yeah. :B
The substitute is also immune, but the pokémon won't get any boosts.

Already answered, but yes, attract goes through substitute.

Do draining moves, used to drain energy, fail if their target has a Substitute?
No. The substitute's health is equivalent to its energy, so an energy-draining move used against a substitute will deplete the sub's health while restoring the attack-user's energy.

Can Leech Seed be commanded to suck up energy instead of health?
Yes.

Jump Kick and Hi Jump Kick are still listed by their old BP of 85 and 100. As of Gen V, they're 100 and 130 respectively.
Fixed.

When a multiple hit attack like Fury Attack is used, stat changes take effect upon each individual hit's damage or upon the whole total?
The whole total.

This says it takes the item away from the user and that the user needs to have an item for that effect, but also says that the targeted pokémon loses the items effects. I have bolded the parts where it says user but probably means target.
Fixed.

Does destiny bond work through subs and/or protect/detect?
Substitute yes, protect/detect no.

Fixed.

Defiant seems to be missing an entry.
Added.

Smack Down is not a contact move.
Fixed.

Back
Top Bottom