• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

Can you choose whether or not to "activate" your exp share, or is it automatically taken into account if one of your active squad is holding it?

If a Pokemon has a Lucky Egg, and then someone uses a move like Thief to get it, does it still give double EXP for each KO the original Pokemon holding it scores?
Yes. The pokémon that used thief doesn't get the bonus.

Can you choose whether or not to "activate" your exp share, or is it automatically taken into account if one of your active squad is holding it?
No; EXP share is always "on," whether you want it to be or not.

A Pokemon can be told to "wait" before performing an action, effectively decreasing its Speed Priority, right? This could be useful in increasing Payback's power, helping to decide which of the 2-3 conditionals to follow, inflicting a status before use of Hex or Facade or something...I figure it's a good thing to ask about.

A Pokemon can be told to "wait" before performing an action, effectively decreasing its Speed Priority, right? This could be useful in increasing Payback's power, helping to decide which of the 2-3 conditionals to follow, inflicting a status before use of Hex or Facade or something...I figure it's a good thing to ask about.

Adding on to this, does a lower priority move "outwait" a higher one even if the Pokémon who uses the latter is told to wait?

Last edited:
Waitwaitwait a second Negrek. I'm not getting you.

So if you have... a Rattata or something go into battle and it gets EXP, the Pokemon with the EXP Share gets the EXP no matter what? I could understand that with fully evolved Pokemon, but not Pokemon that could still get EXP...

Waitwaitwait a second Negrek. I'm not getting you.

So if you have... a Rattata or something go into battle and it gets EXP, the Pokemon with the EXP Share gets the EXP no matter what? I could understand that with fully evolved Pokemon, but not Pokemon that could still get EXP...

I think I remember seeing it explained somewhere that you can say at the end of the battle that the Pokemon with the ES can take an Experience point from one of your Pokemon that participated in the round and give it to the ES'd Pokemon instead.

Negrek, your current take on how the EXP share works seems to contradict what you've said before, specifically in this post. It seems to say that you can choose whether it activates. I'm just pretty confused right now; I was planning to buy an EXP. Share, but I'd like to have this clarified before I buy one.

Negrek, your current take on how the EXP share works seems to contradict what you've said before, specifically in this post. It seems to say that you can choose whether it activates. I'm just pretty confused right now; I was planning to buy an EXP. Share, but I'd like to have this clarified before I buy one.

Yeah, that's the post I was talking about.
Thanks for linking it~

Well to be precise, it's not just one EXP point - all of it must be transferred, or none of it. Unless that's what you meant, though you seemed to be referring to a single EXP point in your post.

Well to be precise, it's not just one EXP point - all of it must be transferred, or none of it. Unless that's what you meant, though you seemed to be referring to a single EXP point in your post.

Yeah, I hadn't read that post in awhile.
But yes, all of the experience points.
AAAAAAAALL OOOOOOOOF IIIIIIIIT

Pokémon A is wearing a Lucky Egg and Pokémon B an Exp. Share.

1 vs 1 battle, Pokémon A is sent out and wins, and the player decides to send the exp to Pokémon B. How much experience does Pokémon B gain?

Right. I've been meaning to change the effects of EXP Share for a while; the new ones should be easier to understand:

EXP Share ($15/$9): A bizarre device worn on a pokémon's head that bristles with wires and rods of unknown purpose. If this item is equipped to any number of pokémon in a trainer's active squad that is not used in a battle, those pokémon and a pokémon that actually battles evenly split the EXP earned, rounded down. Thus, if a pokémon that fights would earn 2 EXP and one of its teammates has an EXP share, it instead earns one and the holder of the EXP share earns one. If the fighting pokémon would instead earn one EXP, neither gets anything at the end of the battle.

Pokémon A is wearing a Lucky Egg and Pokémon B an Exp. Share.

1 vs 1 battle, Pokémon A is sent out and wins, and the player decides to send the exp to Pokémon B. How much experience does Pokémon B gain?
One each. If there were a second pokémon with EXP Share, all three would earn one.

At the end of a battle, you may choose to give all of a Pokémon's gained experience during the battle to the mon holding the EXP share.

Back
Top Bottom