• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

Copy/pasted from my visitor message to I leik Squirtles:
There's a few aspects to the leak as far as I can tell. There's a video of the 3DS version's gameplay going around, but it keeps getting taken down so I can't find it at the moment.

There's also a lot of screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/PzeCw
According to people on reddit it's from the people who do ESRB ratings, which is why some of the screenshots focus on trophies with boobs.

EDIT:
And here's the roster: http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/21425.jpg

It MIGHT not be final though, there was a "leak" last month that matches up EXACTLY with this leak except it mentions more characters that don't appear in this one, so Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo are still up in the air.
Yeah Dr. Mario is really suspicious to me.

How is Dr. Mario more suspicious than the Dog from Duck Hunt?

I think we can be 100% certain that Bowser Jr and Shulk are in it, though

Hmm, the primary source of my suspicion is actually accounted for someplace obscure in there, it just didn't seem to be because nobody mentioned it.

More to the point, though, I'm not seeing Mewtwo. That's frankly even less likely than everything else, specially considering the officially revealed characters so far. And I'm also not buying playable Ridley when a different treatment of that character has been heavily implied (and it'd be tres strange for them to not only not milk the shit out of that reveal but also to make it look like it's not going to happen when it actually is).

Guys yeah it is all true. There was a ton of new videos leaked on youtube and all have pretty much officially been confirmed to be true. If you want links check out the longterm thread on Pokebeachforums/supersmashbros for 3DS/Wii U for more details.:)

Yeah Dr. Mario is really suspicious to me.
I can't believe that wasn't just an alternate costume to begin with. That alone basically discounts the whole leak for me. Dog from Duck Hunt is just outrageous. And it's obviously a ROB replacement.

Bowser Jr. would be amazing. I'm glad that Ridley probably isn't in on this; he's a far better boss, really, and I didn't see them scaling him. Ridley is huge; scales have been done before, but not like that.

My thoughts are that the footage is real, but the roster leak is fake. That's my hope, anyway. I really see no way to discredit the gameplay, especially now since nintendo took down the videos. If this gameplay was what nintendo was going to send to the ESRB, hopefully this was simply some sort of trailer, meaning there are still secret characters. If Shulk and Bowser Jr. are revealed pre-launch, then I really do think there'll be more than the leaked roster in the game.

So, I don't mind Shulk and Bowser Jr. (though mario really didn't need a... what, a sixth rep?) They look unique enough that I wouldn't mind their playstyles. I just have a hard time believing the roster lacks IC of all things.

Ok,
how can you not be excited to play Duck Hunt Dog? I mean it's a dog for Pete's sake, a damn dog. It can't be a ROB replacement; ROB's already there. Second, the facts that the Ice Climbers and Lucas aren't coming back make the leaks super suspicious. I mean, the Ice Climbers had a unique fighting style; it's super interesting to see how they mesh with the rest of the cast. Although I'd like to discredit the leaks because of Dark Pit, but he has a lot going for him, since he also shows up in the ESRB leaks. Dr. Mario, though, completely changes everything; if he made it in, Nintendo really screwed up. Of course, there are no promises about that being the full roster, or did I miss something?

Ok,
how can you not be excited to play Duck Hunt Dog? I mean it's a dog for Pete's sake, a damn dog. It can't be a ROB replacement; ROB's already there. Second, the facts that the Ice Climbers and Lucas aren't coming back make the leaks super suspicious. I mean, the Ice Climbers had a unique fighting style; it's super interesting to see how they mesh with the rest of the cast. Although I'd like to discredit the leaks because of Dark Pit, but he has a lot going for him, since he also shows up in the ESRB leaks. Dr. Mario, though, completely changes everything; if he made it in, Nintendo really screwed up. Of course, there are no promises about that being the full roster, or did I miss something?

I've seen people say that Ice Climbers might be cut because if you had four people playing as them at once, the 3DS version might get some serious framerate problems. Not sure if that's true, I mean what if you get loads of pokéballs or assist trophies at the same time? But on the other other hand, what if you got loads of pokéballs and assists trophies while playing as the ice climbers? Every time I think of something that WILL be in the game that might cause framerate problems, it would only be made worse with the Ice Climbers.

I've seen people say that Ice Climbers might be cut because if you had four people playing as them at once, the 3DS version might get some serious framerate problems. Not sure if that's true, I mean what if you get loads of pokéballs or assist trophies at the same time? But on the other other hand, what if you got loads of pokéballs and assists trophies while playing as the ice climbers? Every time I think of something that WILL be in the game that might cause framerate problems, it would only be made worse with the Ice Climbers.

Then why wouldn't that be a problem with Rosalina and Luma?

I would not be surprised to see Ice Climbers and Lucas cut and I frankly don't see why anyone would be.

The former's gimmick is being co-opted by Rosalina & Luma and nobody gives a rat's ass about their franchise, it's surprising enough that they were in two games already. The latter is a by and at large clone character from a game that hasn't been released internationally -- he's had his overtime already. The MOTHER series doesn't really warrant multiple reps.

Guys I can't read anyone's posts at all. The spoiler thing does not work on these forums. How do I read what you are saying XD?:)

Guys I can't read anyone's posts at all. The spoiler thing does not work on these forums. How do I read what you are saying XD?:)

You highlight them, unless you're on mobile in which case they don't work and you'll have to quote a post to see what it says.

That is so annoying that these forums hide spoilers. I hope they can fix that cause you have to either highlight or copy and paste to see anything.:)

That is so annoying that these forums hide spoilers. I hope they can fix that cause you have to either highlight or copy and paste to see anything.:)

i've seen other places where you can just mouse over it to read them, but a) that makes it waaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy to accidentally scroll into them and b) that probably still wouldn't work on mobile. either way this system is very much intentional.

anyways! smash! i'd be kinda bummed if Lucas got cut because he was one of my mains.

How do you guys Just block Spoilers so they can't be seen? O other boards I am on they are wide open? Why hide the tags since the can be opened and closed. It makes it difficult and ugly to look at on the forums if you know what I mean. I would like to see quotes open to the naked eye like on my other forums.:)

Back
Top Bottom