• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[NIGHT 0] Mafia Choice Mafia

Ho-hum, that's plenty of somethings.

JackPK: (...) that he was "just as much against the mafia as town is".
Of course he's saying that, on the off chance somebody might revive him. Don't anyone actually do that.

Superbird: The reason he was so insistent on Jack being a serial killer earlier was that he already knew Jack had a killing power, he just didn't want to reveal that yet.
And that's probably why he's dead. I thought he must have been a somewhat unsubtle inforole if he was so bent on something that didn't at all seem like such a certain guess -- the mafia must have thought the same thing.

[*]VM: Not being cooperative for obvious reasons.
Taunt harder.

[*]DarkAura: She claims to have been an inspector with a one-shot kill. Apparently, she inspected VM on N0 (he was mafia), then inspected me on N1 (I am innocent), then killed VM on N2. She says she didn't use the kill straight away because she wanted to make sure she wasn't a paranoid role first.
That's rare, considering the flavor and the fact that it's kind of ridiculously powerful, although it checks out considering the indisputable facts at hand. Pity we're down an inspector, although one mobster down is ever excelsior. Would've been nicer if we could've gotten inno confirmation on, you know, somebody other than person who stands to gain the most from that confirmation, but eh, can't win 'em all.

That doesn't really get us anywhere, I suppose. But here's what I'm thinking: At the moment, the mafia is in a bit of a tricky situation. If they target me, I get the benefit of Superbird's Restless Spirit role, so I too can keep voting from beyond the grave
Yeah, I was going to ask whether you get to do that. Honestly, that'd be very powerful -- two dead innocents who can vote (and one dead mafioso who can't) makes us practically impossible to endgame, provided that Mimikyu's favoured mafia win condition requires actual endgaming. Have you verified if that's how your power works?

But if they target someone else, and that person has a useful role, I can use my backup ability to keep that role in the game for a bit longer. So either way, they can't quite get rid of anyone important tonight, hehe!
Wait, you can keep on backing up for new powers? Man, everyone but me in this game is utterly freaking broken, I swear.

Oh, it's even better than you think it is! For you see, my game was fandom mafia, and i love me some luigi's mansion! So tonight, get some ghost hunting gear, because we're having a party in a haunted mansion!
Oooh, I think I get it. You're party host, then? And no night actions take place when you throw a party?

For my own part -- since we probably know where all the kills from the last three nights have gone, I should be good to claim my role. I'm a hunter -- as in, lynch me, and I get to drop a daykill. Mimikyu must've figured it'd be a doozy, slapping me with that role when my flavor comes with a solid possibility of being alien. This side of an already dead third party player and a very low likelihood that I'm already activated (which, if I were alien, would be a vital little step to secure before I'd go making claims that are likely to get me lynched), though, I imagine I'm in the clear to just make this little asset known to Town without any of the baggage.

And I forgot to mention -- it's reasonable enough to infer that the flavor might be implying that VM was a poisoner, but it strikes me as likelier to just be meant as the in-text marker of "he was mafia". Going by DarkAura's death description, it doesn't seem as if the flavor is actually dropping any clues of that clarity as to what roles people had.

Would've been nicer if we could've gotten inno confirmation on, you know, somebody other than person who stands to gain the most from that confirmation, but eh, can't win 'em all.
It's unfortunate, but that's how it goes.

Yeah, I was going to ask whether you get to do that. Honestly, that'd be very powerful -- two dead innocents who can vote (and one dead mafioso who can't) makes us practically impossible to endgame, provided that Mimikyu's favoured mafia win condition requires actual endgaming. Have you verified if that's how your power works?
Yes, it explicitly says that I become a Restless Spirit if I still have these powers when I die.

Wait, you can keep on backing up for new powers? Man, everyone but me in this game is utterly freaking broken, I swear.
Yes, I can keep doing it as many times as I like, though I have to discard my current power set before I can take on a new one, and I don't know for certain what powers I'll get. Still, it's very handy.

For my own part -- since we probably know where all the kills from the last three nights have gone, I should be good to claim my role. I'm a hunter -- as in, lynch me, and I get to drop a daykill. Mimikyu must've figured it'd be a doozy, slapping me with that role when my flavor comes with a solid possibility of being alien. This side of an already dead third party player and a very low likelihood that I'm already activated (which, if I were alien, would be a vital little step to secure before I'd go making claims that are likely to get me lynched), though, I imagine I'm in the clear to just make this little asset known to Town without any of the baggage.
Hmm. Well, even if you're not a literal Alien, you might still have ulterior motives for wanting to get lynched... but I'm inclined to believe you, I suppose.

Oh, DarkAura just pointed something out to me. We can use Superbird's Restless Spirit power to confirm my claim!

Superbird, please say "Abstain" if you want to confirm that I'm telling the truth. Otherwise, you can vote to lynch me, hehehe!

Oh yeah two things.
1. Don't panic when the night period starts and the party doesn't start immediately! I don't wake up until six hours later, so don't panic!
2. Party host is my secondary role. My primary role is... (drumroll, please)... BUS DRIVER!
Using my patented Pixelator, I can swap the places of two people every night! Ehehehe!
That means that even when the mafia tries to kill me, they won't know until morning whether they killed me or not! Muahaha!
Now, I must get these invitations out posthaste!

>reads
>doesn't post

gg Wargle

For clarification Phoenix, what exactly is your power? Block every action, protect every player/cancel kills, or just end night early?

because if it's just protection then mafia can still do stuff if they have other roles like framers, coroners or mafia cops. Though I guess ending the night early wouldn't exactly stop a kill unless the mafia was slow on deliberation.

It's a party host ability. Whatever the default is for that I guess.
Now I have 9 brand new Poltergust 5000's to make, so obvious filler is obvious.

mrrrh. okay, I guess enough people are good with what's going down!
I'm your friendly local town doctor although apparently I do your doctor visits by paying for them with all my capitalist democracy cash. so maybe not friendly to my bank account.
but I do have a question before I go into specifics:

JackPK:He claims that he targeted DarkAura on N0, but something protected her.
Using my patented Pixelator, I can swap the places of two people every night! Ehehehe!

phoenix, who did you target with the pixelator night zero?

I have a confession to make...
I don't know how to save sent messages...
Although I do believe it was ILS and Stryke...?
Uh, message me how to save sent messages plz.

Uh, message me how to save sent messages plz.

Go under your User CP, click Edit Options, look for the Private Messaging box, and click the checkbox that says Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default. It doesn't recover messages you sent before that though, so we'll have to assume that you did switch me and ILS.

Yes, I can keep doing it as many times as I like, though I have to discard my current power set before I can take on a new one, and I don't know for certain what powers I'll get. Still, it's very handy.
Can you go back to previous powers? If so, with some judicious use of the power you have now, you can just know for mostly certain.

Superbird, please say "Abstain" if you want to confirm that I'm telling the truth. Otherwise, you can vote to lynch me, hehehe!
Transparent attempt to start the abstain train early! Ha! Lynch away, folks!

(don't take that comment seriously.)

That means that even when the mafia tries to kill me, they won't know until morning whether they killed me or not! Muahaha!
Or, I mean, now that you mentioned it publically, they might.

It's a party host ability. Whatever the default is for that I guess.
The usual party host affects nighttime communications, rather than night actions, but TCoD games can kind of end up going any direction with it, since controlling nighttime communication is much screwier on a non-specialized forum format. Does your PM specify what your party does to night actions?

The usual party host affects nighttime communications, rather than night actions, but TCoD games can kind of end up going any direction with it, since controlling nighttime communication is much screwier on a non-specialized forum format. Does your PM specify what your party does to night actions?

^This

From my experience, Party Host doesn't affect actions at all, it just gathers everyone together in one place (usually used in games with trackers/bombs and such)

Also from my experience there is a variation on this that roleblocks every action except for kills, and that's the Blizzard power used by the Ice Queen role (think Mei from Overwatch). This role is the mafia equivalent to Party Host

Of course I'm not saying that Phoenix is lying/omitting anything with this. TCoD mafia roles tend to diverge from normal (such as The Thing here being the Gladiator role) roles that are used elsewhere, just adding on to what MF is saying.

Ideally Phoenix's PM was specific as to what it does, and how it works

note to anyone and everyone: If you would like me to tell/remind you who you targeted each night, I can do that if you PM me about it!

(now resume mafiaing)

wait shit
Uh, i THOUGHT it said nobody could be killed, but apparently it's just that nobody can be lynched?
Uh, I don't know how to put this.
Oh yeah, I do.
I fucked up.

I THOUGHT that nobody could be killed, but apparently nobody can be lynched?
Uh, I don't know how to put this, guys...
Well, yeah I do.
I fucked up.

Well, now I'll protect important people all I can... shoot...
Well, I won't focus on that right now. What I will focus on is...
What's up, Butterfree and Cynder? Being awfully quiet there... are you busy? ... or maybe GUILTY?

Back
Top Bottom