• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

I see! I don't really have thoughts on whether mafia messed with the flavour but I like that you had that thought.
I have info that says that mafia are pulling strings behind the curtain
from which I inferred that Mafia doctoring the flavor is a possibility

I have info that says that mafia are pulling strings behind the curtain
from which I inferred that Mafia doctoring the flavor is a possibility
yeah I gotcha

they're not necessarily mutually exclusive but I pretty strongly believe that Jack was a mafia doctor (the kind that doesn't know the other mafia and flips as non mafia)

Wow, we're off to a really active start!

I think most of the role speculation about Jack is plausible (particularly Eifie's theory about him being "lost mafia" to resolve VM/Negrek's conflicting claims, in light of what MF pointed out about the trope, but I'm not sure about it) so I don't think we should like... act on any assumptions that Jack has any standard ability, though, given how weird some of these could be.

In terms of hypo, I'm a little bit wary that without role flips, it could be controlled by Negrek on her own (e.g. someone gives wrong checks, dies, mafia Negrek "confirms" them as a cop). But besides locking into checks, I don't see a huge downside to sharing results? So if I'm a cop, my powers can't be used until the right moment and I have no idea when that is.

Please enjoy also the very serious article, Cheers/Jokes and Keeping A Good Atmosphere!

Gonna call Seshas town and request that y'all trust me

because meta:tm:
Tell me more about your meta? I'm leaning more toward town for them myself, but I'd like to hear from you.

Obviously Eifie is acting incredibly suspicious
In what way do you mean, just asking to be lynched or something else? (I will also chime in that this is her normal sense of humor - just trying to get a sense of how you're thinking here.)

Mafia Killed Jack and doctored the flavor => Keldeo probably not Mafia?
also => Negrek more likely Mafia for his entrance
I also completely forgot to point out, but -- as much as half-truthfulness is a staple of mafia behavior in this board, this is pretty much concluding that Negrek must be lying based on the truthfulness of Negrek's information

like, it's not that I'm entirely taking Negrek's claim at face value, but assuming it's false prompts a whole other branch of speculation

Okay WOW this game has a lot of activity so far, to say the least.

if it's specifically the first non-mafia person (and we take what's been said so far at face value) then i wonder if this power is even useful after this - or if it allows for the first-non-suppressed circumstance, or something? otherwise vm literally just lost his power lol ... or it was a fake non-mafia flip. idk.

Alright, so upon re-reading my role, it says the first time a non-mafia player dies in the game, I will take on their role and power as the next night phase begins. Guess that means any speculation about JackPK's role was a colossal waste of time. Whoops.

Alright, so upon re-reading my role, it says the first time a non-mafia player dies in the game, I will take on their role and power as the next night phase begins. Guess that means any speculation about JackPK's role was a colossal waste of time. Whoops.
ahahahahah that's also a swerve

but I mean, so much the better that we seem to be headed towards getting an actual confirmation of Jack's role; might shed some light on what to make of the speculators

Okay WOW this game has a lot of activity so far, to say the least.

MF, do you have any specific thoughts on the people who were speculating?

So the new simplest explanation is that no one lied, Jack was just a normal townie Death Doctor, and everyone's power was working as intended, right?

Well, you being a Death Doctor starting next phase is known to everyone already, so you would potentially be a mafia target anyways...

Back
Top Bottom