• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

I slept almost 8 hours tyvm >:(

still too lazy to address Keldeo stuff so here's just a list of where I'm at now that I no longer have to keep secrets about people's implied roles and stuff. roughly ordered within tiers, sort of, I tried (highest = most towny)

The Queen
Eifie!

My mech clears (all totally legit, I am very powerful. fear me, mafia.)
Mist1422
Keldeo

Town by role claim
IndigoEmmy
Seshas

Town For Now, Rethink Later
Negrek
Vipera Magnifica

Probably town I hope (hopefully 0-1 mafia in here, 2 if I'm really bad. okay I tried to order this but it's basically just random)
mewtini
rari_teh
Herbe
kyeugh (haven't re-evaled yet. will think later. cool with this for now.)
serimachi

I Like One Or Two Posts They Made
Mawile
kokorico (I like the Keldeo case, doesn't feel like an opportunistic push because I feel like... Keldeo would not be the target of choice for that. he's Keldeoooo!. like he's so like friendly and nice and stuff that I feel like it would be a difficult push to try to get people to agree to because I think people just generally are more resistant to suspecting people who are friendly and nice idk.)

Let Them Vibe
Mr. Ultracool
M&F

I Expect More And Hope To See More!
@Boquise
@Panini

The Rest Pile
Flora
I liek Squirtles
Ottercopter
RedneckPhoenix
Stryke
Odie_Pie

huh, the rest pile is actually sorta manageable now. I highly doubt that it actually contains all the mafia though lol.

Eifie can you talk to me a bit about your probably town pile minus mewtini and Herbe

i have to be honest i’m not really sure what level of substance is to be expected from anyone right now. keldeo has made some useful posts—prodding and collating are useful, and also just how he plays—and that’s a lot more than like half the member list has done at this point. that seems like a really weird thing to scum read him for to me, why not do the same to like the half dozen people who have actually barely posted
quoting bc i agree and kind of didn't suspect so many early Malevolent Reads on keldeo (or the early-game suspicion of eifie from that one guy, though that might've just been a lack of familiarity with the tcodf dynamic? i can't be fucked to go back and look). part of me is a little like gut-suspicious but that's only because i'm a mafia newbie and keldeo's skill scares me lmfao
unvote

how do you you feel about my push on you though
curious to hear about this from seshas, even if i still trust them for now
I guess I won't mind if i do get offed right away. In fact, oh yeah, I forgot to mention another part of my role: I learn the name of all the mafia members on N1, and I also have unlimited daytime vigilante kills. Would be a real shame if something were to happen to me tonight~
and quoting this one for ?! value

Eifie can you talk to me a bit about your probably town pile minus mewtini and Herbe
Yeah. So for kyeugh it's honestly like. Very old meta. I just remember her being so uncomfortable and unwilling to engage as mafia and I know I should look more closely at this but I'm too lazy smh. I've like nodded along to most of her takes (Seshas being a glaring exception) and I feel like a lot of her posting is like stream-of-consciousness in what feels like a towny way to me. I feel like going out on a limb with that Seshas move is an attention-grabbing move that I'm not sure she'd want to do as mafia.

rari_teh I just, like, like the effort in their posting. I haven't like closely analyzed it by any means, but they feel, like, pure. It's partly tone I guess and partly just "you seem to be doing your best. that makes me happy. please live."

For serimachi, it was their post about me. I felt like they genuinely did not know that the mafia are random and that important roles aren't pre-assigned. So that would imply that either they're not mafia or they are mafia with a ~big name~ being an actual mafia boss type role. The second one is probably not that distant a possibility, but I kinda want to just ignore it for now so that I can say I have a read and cut my pile of nulls down to something more manageable.

So a lot of these are just kinda like hip-fire reads in order to try to decrease the size of my null pool for now.

also idk if this is still a topic of discourse but i also want to like, formally take back the shade i briefly threw on kyeugh last night. i was kind of 🤔 because the way it read to me she cast suspicion on seshas without (i thought) any rationale/i kind of felt like it was a reach and i read her early explanation as a bit of an awk backpedal

but after sleeping on it and reading back through her justification and eifie talking about it after the fact i'm a bit more comforted now

I am like almost certainly giving a mafia too much credit because they're posting and I like when people post but I'm fine with that for d1 tbh.

I've like nodded along to most of her takes (Seshas being a glaring exception) and I feel like a lot of her posting is like stream-of-consciousness in what feels like a towny way to me. I feel like going out on a limb with that Seshas move is an attention-grabbing move that I'm not sure she'd want to do as mafia.
love that i said "idk if we're talking about this" only for the page to refresh and this to show up ..., but yeah this is what made me change my mind. at the time i thought maybe she didn't realize that there wasn't anyone else (afaik) who was suspicious of seshas and i thought maybe it was a
CnbczJEUMAAeG1R.jpg

kind of moment but i also realized that the mechanic you mention in the last part of what i quoted could have been the reason for that

love that i said "idk if we're talking about this" only for the page to refresh and this to show up ..., but yeah this is what made me change my mind. at the time i thought maybe she didn't realize that there wasn't anyone else (afaik) who was suspicious of seshas and i thought maybe it was a
CnbczJEUMAAeG1R.jpg

kind of moment but i also realized that the mechanic you mention in the last part of what i quoted could have been the reason for that
lmfao I was literally going to post this tweet earlier in the game when people were complaining about so many posts just for the sorry i'm sorry bit

yeah like I should honestly probably look more closely at that kind of backpedal but also I can sympathize because after I made my posts I was like FUCK WHY DID I DO THAT and just wanted to smooth things over in any way possible because I got too intense so I can't really judge.

heart react for the dril love

yeah like I should honestly probably look more closely at that kind of backpedal but also I can sympathize because after I made my posts I was like FUCK WHY DID I DO THAT and just wanted to smooth things over in any way possible because I got too intense so I can't really judge.
yeah i think it's kind of impossible to tell rn and i've really liked her tone aside from this, so i think i'm just going to keep it in the back of my mind for now

I tried to look at the meme game (where qva was mafia) and came to the conclusion it's probably impossible to glean anything from it because it's a meme game. I did notice a lot of what felt like qva trying to shade people whenever she could in that game, though. meanwhile here I don't think she's expressed any suspicions except on Seshas and she probably could've given more at this point...? she's mostly felt like she's in the same position as me where I just. don't really actually suspect anyone.

Back
Top Bottom