• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

okay now that I'm feeling comforted that people aren't going to jump on the person who I've thought was the most obvious town in the thread I'm gonna take a breath and go to sleep. :p see y'all tomorrow!
Good night! See ya later :3

my vote on Keldeo was with full intention of lynching!!!

also I felt I should be explicit that at the moment I'm not super uncomfortable with qva's vote and just want to look into previous games to be sure

I was just instinctively like "what??? no!!!" at the reasoning but I can fully appreciate finding behavior one is not used to suspicious because in my first real mafia game I tunneled town because I thought it was super suspicious that they were intent on self-preservation when they were a competing wagon for lynch and everyone else was like "no Eifie that's literally how we play the game here" and I ignored them. hehe.

I spy with my little eye a user who was last seen in a private conversation according to The Forum Gods™. I wonder if that’s an indication of being mafia. Probably not, because I wasn’t suspecting of them, but still.

I think imma go to sleep now. It’s three in the morning here. Nighty night everyone, it’s been a pleasure <3

that checks out! i don’t find your behavior all that suspicious either, just kinda unexpected i suppose

also ngl i COMPLETELY forgot about the meme game and just got a brain blast skimming its summary. how could i forget!? it produced my most beloved content after all

goodnight rari_teh! it's 1 am for me but I have a feeling my sleep cycle won't let me sleep for a whiiiile

I spy with my little eye a user who was last seen in a private conversation according to The Forum Gods™. I wonder if that’s an indication of being mafia. Probably not, because I wasn’t suspecting of them, but still.

I think imma go to sleep now. It’s three in the morning here. Nighty night everyone, it’s been a pleasure <3
hehe, they could always just be rechecking their role PM, or asking the GM a question, or messaging someone else about something completely unrelated! generally I think using such information to make reads is probably not encouraged, though I don't think there's an explicit rule against it?

I swear I'm going to sleep now

that checks out! i don’t find your behavior all that suspicious either, just kinda unexpected i suppose

also ngl i COMPLETELY forgot about the meme game and just got a brain blast skimming its summary. how could i forget!? it produced my most beloved content after all
I'm sorry I felt really bad after about responding so strongly, it's just a thing I have a really strong opinion about >_>

it’s ok!! i appreciate the pushback, feels decently real/towny imo and you raised good points. but ultimately it is the kind of thing i’d like to see he himself talk about before i back off too much i think. it’s the only real feeling i have about anything right now so i wanna roll with it.

hehe, they could always just be rechecking their role PM, or asking the GM a question, or messaging someone else about something completely unrelated! generally I think using such information to make reads is probably not encouraged, though I don't think there's an explicit rule against it?

I swear I'm going to sleep now
In my defense, I wasn’t looking for it – my cursor just happened to land on the username and, well…

If only we could post while asleep…

In my defense, I wasn’t looking for it – my cursor just happened to land on the username and, well…

If only we could post while asleep…
it's no problem, there's always out-of-game information like that that we just can't help noticing and having in the back of our minds when we're in a game! I just wanted to caution you against using it as the basis for a read (not that you actually were in that post, I know)

it’s ok!! i appreciate the pushback, feels decently real/towny imo and you raised good points. but ultimately it is the kind of thing i’d like to see he himself talk about before i back off too much i think. it’s the only real feeling i have about anything right now so i wanna roll with it.
oh yeah, could I ask what makes my response feel towny to you as opposed to hard defending a mafia teammate or something?

(smh I refreshed the bottom of page 27, was happy people gave the thread a break for like an hour, then saw the three new pages)

I've only skimmed this discussion (I thiiink Seshas is MI and town, but now I'm scared that villager Eifie has just fed mafia them that line) but some things I wanted to pull out -

the vote was to put pressure on him to get him to explain himself (the day is like 1/3 over, who is voting to lynch right now?) and i thought that was kind of transparent tbh, i find it kind of odd that he is being defended like this
@kyeugh I can understand wanting to vote someone to pressure and I do want to hear Seshas's response. But where were you going / what were you thinking with the bolded part of this first quote? Did something change between these posts - if so, what?

I feel that Seshas' information is lacking in comparison to IndigoEmmy's, because with the latter, we got specific flavor about having two doctors, one sciencey and one magical. But then with Seshas, all he's revealed is that the mafia are "pulling strings", which seems a lot more vague in comparison? If I remember correctly, in the last game the Mysterious Informant information was more along the lines of IndigoEmmy's, where it gave something more concrete to work on. So I'm also kind of inclined to believe that maybe he's not giving us the whole thing?
@Mawile, where does this aspect put you with regard to Seshas's alignment? You've put this thought out there but I'm not entirely sure where it leads... does it make you think Seshas is more/less suspicious, MI or not an MI?

@kyeugh I can understand wanting to vote someone to pressure and I do want to hear Seshas's response. But where were you going / what were you thinking with the bolded part of this first quote? Did something change between these posts - if so, what?
(last post i swear) eh nothing really changed. i do appreciate seeing eif’s take but it’s not really what i was looking for when i made the vote and i wasn’t anticipating that much resistance from a third party

oh yeah, could I ask what makes my response feel towny to you as opposed to hard defending a mafia teammate or something?
i don’t think seshas is mafia basically no matter what—only anti-town third party MAYBE, and solitary even then. i can’t really conceive of a situation i believe in even a little bit rn in which you are defending him for selfish reasons

Back
Top Bottom