• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

On the topic of Ultracool, Eifie, I don't know what to make of him not feeling as comfortable with contributing when the phase turned out to be longer than he thought?

But I'm used to different phase lengths so idk maybe I'm just projecting comfort?
I dunno see what I said earlier about basically being saturated with information

maybe ask me on d2

I'm in the process of shutting down and reverting to shitposts. send help

Squirtle's first reaction to Vipera's claim was to speculate about what roles the mafia would have. Since mafia would know what roles the mafia would have, Squirtle is likely town unless he made this post intentionally to give this reaction.
If Squirtle legitimately believed Vipera's claim, it's sort of hard to believe they were so intentional on the other front.

This is a good point that I did not consider. I just find it weird that Squirtle popped in to react to that and did not stay afterwards

Wondering about roles doesn't seem /that/ farfetched to me. Nobody's gonna claim to know about what other people's/alignments' roles, especially on just day 1. Just because they stuck "mafia" in front doesn't make him any more or less suspicious to me.
Aaaand I don't really have any further thoughts because they got lost between reading all 34 pages of thread. I'll try going back and keeping notes from here on. '-'
this reads as damage control to me tbh

going to genuinely post about this/recap in a second, sorry if i end up repeating myself but

Rip I thought deadline was midnight on the 13th and not midnight on the 12th so was accounting on another full day to get my stuff sorted
Sorry for not being around I've just had a fair bit to do and been mobile only for the past day and a half
I got to page 20 something?? Before turning in for the night, I'll try to quick read the rest and come up with some more composed thoughts shortly

nevermind it turns out i just hit reply, and didn't realize the images came thru as links on my end because i'm an idiot. agree with boquise

this reads as damage control to me tbh
I guess it's just me but I still don't have like, a strong opinion on those Otter posts.

You're saying this is like, ILS v/otter w and otter trying to tamp down on the derpclear? I could see it - I actually think that if wolf/wolf otter/ILS, maybe she latches onto Seshas's idea more instead of shrugging and leaving herself neutral on ILS.

I have to go. Please hold otter to posting the thoughts about rari and Seshas I asked her for.

Opinions/thoughts/brain garbage, in a completely unsorted fashion (I doubt any of this is Actually Insightful):
  • Keldeo posts a lot and I like how he helps to get more information out of people in a way that doesn't feel overly aggressive.
  • Eifie claims both mason and cop, which I assume means that she was recruited into the masons N0?
  • VM confused me with his joke post because I immediately thought back to whoever it was in the last TVTropes Mafia that claimed that one really complicated role about needing to get the Big Bad lynched or whatever and didn't want to deal with a headache like that again.
    • I think ILS's utter confusion post and Ottercopter's whole taking it seriously thing a page later also threw me off somewhat and made me think it was real, and I got even more confused.
    • And then people helpfully outright told me that it was a joke, so thank you
  • kyeugh felt somewhat aggressive at times? I might just not be used to people using votes as a way to pressure people into explaining themselves, though.
  • rari_teh seems reluctant/afraid of giving opinions and feelings now, and I don't know if this is because of people viewing them as suspicious or for some other reasons.
  • Herbe seems to have primarily given a thorough opinion about mewtini and not really many other people? He briefly mentioned positive opinions about Seshas and Keldeo too, but that's about it, from what I remember seeing.
  • mewtini posts a lot and seems to have consistently useful/insightful posts instead of just a whole lot of memes. (Not that memes are bad, but useful posts are always nice.) I like seeing her posts.
  • Seshas seems like a legitimate MI if we're going by the basis of his clue being weird like the Genre Savvy one in the last game. Felt a little weird to divulge that information early, but it felt like he was using it for genuine speculation about the mafia potentially doctoring flavor text (?) really early on.
  • IndigoEmmy seems like a legitimate MI because of her general roleplaying. Boquise mentioned that it seems like "she has no one in private coaching her", and I feel inclined to agree with this.
  • I can't think of thoughts about other people right now, but I think I got most of the active people??
  • I don't have any reads on people so everyone is just in an amorphous blob of "probably town".

• I have so many tabs open please help me
  • My head hurts and I want to lay down
tl;dr I wrote all this up and then realized that I don't have any outright suspicions on people, so everyone is just "probably town" in my head. Also everyone kept posting in the like half hour it took me to write this up :(

Hi Panini!
Out of all the posts that had happened between this and your last one, why was this particular the one which you wanted to quote and address?
Yo boq!
Literally just bc he quoted me first so I assumed the question was directed at me in some way more than an open question? Also tbh because pure mech is easy to talk about without having read up beforehand and I had barely read the thread atp

Sometimes when I want to insert images, the browser completely freezes whilst the site tauntily updates when I am missing new post. This calls for turning off the computer and heating up some of my cinnamon apple dough tbh

i guess my main qualm nowadays is that idk how to read his post after VM's superpower claim
because it was something that even otter, after not being involved in much discussion, realized pretty quickly (??? i think? that was a weird timeline honestly) and that given he's been keeping with a pattern of activity-punctuated-by-nontrivial-posts i was confused that he, one of the more cerebral? posters, was thrown off guard by/felt the need to investigate a claim that i thought was a really obvious shitpost. so maybe i'm paranoid, it just seemed off
in the meantime as i write up my Super Cool and Very Convincing Post, i wanna dredge this back up

Back
Top Bottom