• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

oh that reminds me @Keldeo asked me about the one or two Mawile posts that I liked and they were the ones about thinking Seshas was using his claimed role information in a towny way. it was basically exactly what I had already been saying so there's that. but I liked it ok that's why the tier is pretty low and called "They Made A Post I Liked" or something

excuse you I didn't give you permission to leave
I'll try to pop in but I'll be super multitasking.

VM confused me with his joke post because I immediately thought back to whoever it was in the last TVTropes Mafia that claimed that one really complicated role about needing to get the Big Bad lynched or whatever and didn't want to deal with a headache like that again.
  • I think ILS's utter confusion post and Ottercopter's whole taking it seriously thing a page later also threw me off somewhat and made me think it was real, and I got even more confused.
  • And then people helpfully outright told me that it was a joke, so thank you
What do you make of this explanation, Mewtini? I think it seems like, fair enough.

@Mawile do you have any alignment read on rari / kyeugh / Herbe based on what you mentioned about them?

Yo boq!
Literally just bc he quoted me first so I assumed the question was directed at me in some way more than an open question? Also tbh because pure mech is easy to talk about without having read up beforehand and I had barely read the thread atp
yeah i noticed that afterwards.

People focusing on mech talk is usually people I can't help myself from scum reading. Since it really is super easy to talk about without reading whilst looking like one is contributing (sometimes it even can derail a game when several people start talking/arguing about some mech nonsense instead of solving). You didn't really capitalise on that tho so we good tbh

I guess it's just me but I still don't have like, a strong opinion on those Otter posts.

You're saying this is like, ILS v/otter w and otter trying to tamp down on the derpclear? I could see it - I actually think that if wolf/wolf otter/ILS, maybe she latches onto Seshas's idea more instead of shrugging and leaving herself neutral on ILS.

I have to go. Please hold otter to posting the thoughts about rari and Seshas I asked her for.
I am not saying that this is ILS v/Otter w
What made you interpret it as such tbh?

Well, maybe I can help there!

My impressions pretty much exactly match rari_teh's. The tentative feeling I was unsure about sharing was that Keldeo was coming off as mafia to me. The posts since last night are starting to shift my opinion the other way, but the jury's still out.

My reasoning was that most of his posts so far, excluding tomfoolery, consisted of things that were nominally useful to town and came across as him trying to be helpful, but actually provided little new information or insight and didn't require a great deal of effort to come up with. Things like explaining mechanics and TCoD meta to new players, voting for inactive players to prod them into talking (without tagging them??), asking other people about their reads (including, once, on himself!) and summarising the town's hypotheses or collating them into lists.

He freely volunteered his reads in #65, at the top of #125, and again in #244, but other than that I don't recall seeing any actual new contributions, except last night when he voiced his support for IndigoEmmy. Though even that wasn't exactly enormously useful - I agree with everyone else who's spoken that she's highly unlikely to be pulling a fast one.

Standard disclaimer: I don't know any of you, and have zero mafia experience on TCoD and not much anywhere else. Take my analysis with a pinch of salt.
This is a good chicken tbh

I am not saying that this is ILS v/Otter w
What made you interpret it as such tbh?
Sorry, how else is it damage control? Otter wasn't talking about her original thought on VM's claim in that post, she was talking about Seshas's read on ILS, afaict.

Sorry, how else is it damage control? Otter wasn't talking about her original thought on VM's claim in that post, she was talking about Seshas's read on ILS, afaict.
yeah but where do you get that I am saying that ILS is v? How is that connected to me thinking that Otter is damage controlling their own posts?

ok i'll split my initial long post up into multiple smaller boys because i want to get my mawile thoughts out.

i'm kind of unconvinced.
as i said before, i was okay with him just for being involved and active during d1. i gave him the benefit of the doubt when he made the incredibly rough take on VM's ""roleclaim"" because i didn't think it would be a great look to jump on him in that moment. i appreciate kyeugh taking it as a genuine claim and can understand why, but imo mawile's style has NOT been centered around making off-the-cuff posts which is frankly the only situation in which i think misunderstanding VM's claim would realistically happen. the way he posted is only consistent with ... if anyone had read VM's post once, it would be clear it was a joke.
i'm having a really hard time suspecting any of the active players with, like, maybe .5 of an exception (that i need to think more about, that's kind of why i'm rereading)
and for future reference, the .5 was referring to mawile. i'm not voting for him now because ... active player attachment <3 but i've been sus for a bit now

yeah but where do you get that I am saying that ILS is v? How is that connected to me thinking that Otter is damage controlling their own posts?
I don't see how you were thinking that Otter was damage controlling her own posts based on that post because it wasn't about her previous posts, can you explain? I thought you meant that wolf Otter was controlling the damage (meaning correct townreads) resulting from the reactions to VM's claim.

inb4 "how does Keldeo know ILS is town" I don't, I'm talking about the hypothetical world that I thought you were talking about

my current brain is what if I ignore the smart and intelligent-sounding Seshas post and just vote ILS and hope he doesn't feel like he's being punished for actually coming in and posting a bit if he turns out to be town after all because he's probably having a lot of trouble keeping up anyway

I'm confused by how we know if VM is joking or not? Is it because his role seems overpowered in addition to having the universal backup, or did I miss something else?
smh

uuh i think this reaction is a bit better. ILS and Otter has already received some suspicion of their reaction. Regardless of their alignment, I dont think a scum would come in and make a third confused post because they should view it as something they dont want to touch. This reads more like someone newly awake tbh

or idk. I am looking at what I see as "optimal play" or "probable mentality of scum" so it is awfully subjective.

my current brain is what if I ignore the smart and intelligent-sounding Seshas post and just vote ILS and hope he doesn't feel like he's being punished for actually coming in and posting a bit if he turns out to be town after all because he's probably having a lot of trouble keeping up anyway
this is kiiiind of where i’m at rn re ils but also i don’t have a super good grasp on what’s up with him and am kind of just glazing over at all this/nodding with whichever explanation i vibe with the most lol
so much has happened toDay and also i’m slightly drunk rn so trying to process this ils situation i barely really understand the basis of is kind of hard for me rn

Back
Top Bottom