• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

okay after eif's hardclaim I would feel a lot more comfortable switching my vote to mist1422, should that be an actual wagon that happens, so count me in if that happens.
eif is that list in order or random?
it's like somewhat ordered I guess but I only have extremely weak preferences that change by the minute

Am I remembering right that Stryke was suspicious of VM for saying things that attracted attention? That seems genuine in the sense that I don't think anyone is about to hop on VM for those reasons - I don't think Stryke was aiming to like affect anything with that. This read maybe changes if he had more consensus other SRs. Does this make sense at all?

Eifie, talk to me about Mawile's defeatism / thinking that talking more will just dig the hole deeper even when there weren't that many actual votes on him. I feel like it could be from either alignment?

i feel like we are getting nowhere and odie is like the last truly inactive person aside from flora ig who i think we should leave alone for the time being
i'm kinda here for it tbh

Keldeo re: Mawile I honestly have no idea and I'm just getting some flashbacks to when we chickened out of lynching Goldar in the hydra game because of his defeatism in the few minutes before EoD

Am I remembering right that Stryke was suspicious of VM for saying things that attracted attention? That seems genuine in the sense that I don't think anyone is about to hop on VM for those reasons - I don't think Stryke was aiming to like affect anything with that. This read maybe changes if he had more consensus other SRs. Does this make sense at all?
If memory serves right, he wasn’t the only one casting suspicion on VM fwiw

Also what I like about MF is the fact that she has been wide-ranging in her focus - like, randomly looping in thoughts about other people in addition to talking about me. It's not like super town tier especially because she's wrong on me, but I feel like it's good for now etc. I think it's not alignment-indicative that her early posts were like longposts about flavor.

Also trope links funny

cor blimey I keep forgetting I have a clear on Mawile

gonna have to counterbus Stryke for now; post of more substance possibly next up

i disagree tbh. what else would the purpose of that post have been? and as rari says there were def people going "well i can't DISprove you...'
i don't know if it's enough for me to actually suspect stryke over but i definitely think that kind of argument (particularly against someone who probably holds a power role and said outright that he doesn't intend to hang around in the thread anymore) could be one taken up by opportunistic scum

What I meant is like, VM isn't going to be the lynch today, so why would mafia Stryke go against the flow like that instead of just pushing against one of the thread consensus suspects? But if you're right that other people were hmming at VM at the time, the read is less valid.

What I meant is like, VM isn't going to be the lynch today, so why would mafia Stryke go against the flow like that instead of just pushing against one of the thread consensus suspects? But if you're right that other people were hmming at VM at the time, the read is less valid.
i get where you're coming from here but i think it's worth noting that like... there wasn't much of a flow to speak of tbh, like even this far into the day there's not reaally anything being strongly advocated by anyone right now
just throwing some light shade out there and seeing where it goes is pretty much as intense as things have gotten toDay

I really do not like the look of Keldeo back there, kickstarting the train and then disavowing it. Mawile's casual bandwagon hop isn't the best look I've seen either. Negrek, at least, I recall having been speculating on ILS a stark ways before contributing a vote, that and I have her clear so.

hmmmmmmmm... I'm totally open to lynching Mawile today, especially if it's what it takes to get some lynching done in this day, but I'd like to see what happens if I press Keldeo.
What exactly did I kickstart? There was already momentum against ILS, and Mawile and Negrek posted nearly at the same time as me so I don't think my vote played any role in their votes.

HHH
Okay so Mawile's ISO is pretty thin but I don't really feel like it's any worse than some of the other less engaged players and I think there's certain moment in here that feel a little un-informed and like Mawile is not bouncing opinions off anyone in a way that seems kind of more trumped than I would expect if it was faked:

I was expecting like two deaths minimum or something weird like that, just with the sheer number of people involved. It's kind of oddly relieving to see only one death?
There's at least a couple, I think. I can't be bothered to cross check 9 pages of posts with the player list from my phone in bed, though.
I'm confused by how we know if VM is joking or not? Is it because his role seems overpowered in addition to having the universal backup, or did I miss something else?
Opinions/thoughts/brain garbage, in a completely unsorted fashion (I doubt any of this is Actually Insightful):
  • Keldeo posts a lot and I like how he helps to get more information out of people in a way that doesn't feel overly aggressive.
  • Eifie claims both mason and cop, which I assume means that she was recruited into the masons N0?
  • VM confused me with his joke post because I immediately thought back to whoever it was in the last TVTropes Mafia that claimed that one really complicated role about needing to get the Big Bad lynched or whatever and didn't want to deal with a headache like that again.
    • I think ILS's utter confusion post and Ottercopter's whole taking it seriously thing a page later also threw me off somewhat and made me think it was real, and I got even more confused.
    • And then people helpfully outright told me that it was a joke, so thank you
PLEASE JUST CLAIM

I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm just being too generous since everyone seems to embody this like, affable mindset that I can't bring myself to dislike but like idk I think it feels wrong to me
Can I get a resummarised case from someone on the wagon if they have a moment?

Panini, can you talk more about that third post you quote?

My impression is that people are suspicious of it because he was taking the claim seriously after, I think, many hours had passed / there had been discussion of it as a joke.

I think I believe Mawile actually since him taking it seriously is a throughline with him taking, for example, Eifie's hypoing seriously.

Hhhhhhhh I have to drive to my dad's house in a couple minutes and that's roughly an hour drive so I will be unable to respond to any suspicions thrown my way until then. I should be back before EoD though

i honestly think the first quote isn't really that AI either? like i can 100% see scum saying that and ime (take this with a big ol chunk of salt) it is in fact often scum saying things like that

Back
Top Bottom