• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Well how about this:
  • You heal M&F
  • VM coinflip-heals M&F or me
  • I coinflip-heal you or VM
All three of us have a chance of being healed (so the mafia can't safely target us), and we have a 50% shot at offing M&F
I had my doubts about leaving ourselves open but this seems like a good solution for that. I don't think mafia will take a gamble on trying to kill someone they know has a 50% chance of being protected.

I'll admit waiting to lynch M&F D5 is a safer strategy but taking a more proactive approach could be essential if the mafia continues to only go after the active players. Killing M&F tonight would give us one free extra lynch.

Either way I'm just down to go along with whatever everyone else decides.

(ftr, I don't really care which of M&F and RNP we go for first. both seem balance-of-probability scum to me as I said above)

i am now kind of on-board with genuinely considering RNP for today's lynch for the reasons described, though, so if anyone feels strongly about that either way, i'm interested in hearing their thoughts. as long as we do get MF at some point (for example: tomorrow) i don't really care, but rn i think the vig is maybe risky? i mean it's possible MF has killing power. but it's also very possible that she doesn't.

- i'm only now seeing what VM posted above me though, and i think i get it a bit more now

mishealclashvig
hahaha

nonmishealclashcircusvigging is a great word

Ottercopter votes M&F (#3655)
mewtini votes M&F (#3656)
Herbe votes M&F (#3657)
rari_teh votes M&F (#3687)
Panini votes M&F (#3695)
Seshas votes M&F (#3701)
kyeugh votes M&F (#3717)
kyeugh votes RedneckPhoenix (#3802)
mewtini votes RedneckPhoenix (#3821)
kokorico votes M&F (#3822)
Vipera Magnifica votes RedneckPhoenix (#3825)

Herbe votes M&F (#3657)
Ottercopter votes M&F (#3655)
Panini votes M&F (#3695)
Seshas votes M&F (#3701)
Vipera Magnifica votes RedneckPhoenix (#3825)
kokorico votes M&F (#3822)
kyeugh votes RedneckPhoenix (#3802)
mewtini votes RedneckPhoenix (#3821)
rari_teh votes M&F (#3687)

Vote counts:
M&F (6) (Herbe, Ottercopter, Panini, Seshas, kokorico, rari_teh)
RedneckPhoenix (3) (Vipera Magnifica, kyeugh, mewtini)
No vote (16) (Mawile, Flora, M&F, JackPK, I liek Squirtles, Stryke, serimachi, Negrek, RedneckPhoenix, Mr. Ultracool, IndigoEmmy, Odie_Pie, Eifie, Keldeo, Mist1422, Boquise)

how do you think this would benefit VM? on one hand making the fakeclaim could maybe make sense if he didn't know someone like skylar - who gets info upon being targeted - would come along, but beyond that i don't really see the value in it just yet. maybe it's a silly thing for me to townread VM for, but i can't see a reason why it would make sense for wolf!VM to do this
On D1, we were already discussing how the TV Tropes page for Deadly Doctor hinted more at a mafia-aligned role, or a 3p at best. If he indeed got Deadly Doctor because it is “not mafia” (yet not town-aligned), he could’ve thought that it would be risky to declare so lest somebody speculates correctly that Deadly Doctor isn’t town-aligned.

This is all just spec btw; I don’t necessarily subscribe to this view.
why mist over RNP or an inactive (i.e. serimachi)?
I still think that if we swap with RNP we can have a good tool at our hands. Serimachi strikes me as someone who’s trying to be helpful, yet has little idea of what’s going on and can’t really keep up with all the posts tbh
we could swap with him right before lynching him at like 23:59 or the like
We couldn’t. I asked Butterfree if I could swap with a dead person, she said that a necroswap would always fail.
'ey fuck you otter
Thinking about the other TV Tropes mafia, I daresay Otter might be a walking dead man as of now
Too late now, but I think some misconception woulda been okay. The less info we give the mafia for free, the better.
Yes, some misconception would be super okay. I believe this was more out of naïveté than anything, but I’m kinda bugged by the fact that Ultracool is handing out info about the bodyswapper on a platter since yesterDay.
Stryke's fakeclaim doesn't make sense. He didn't know that RNP targeted him, so claiming to have healed Eifie drew attention to him for no gain. He should have claimed to heal someone completely different, which would have been unfalsifiable.
Mafia!Stryke could’ve claimed to have healed Eifie to stir shit and divert attention to pointless speculation tbh.
nonmishealclashcircusvig
I said this before and I’ll say this again: I fucking love the English language lol

Also after kokorico’s XXL post, I think we should all agree that the game is spiritually over, kokorico won and everybody else lost

At the very least that was deserving of the Key to the City. Who’s the mayor of Troperville anyway?

I had a dream that we tried to lynch MF, but instead Odie_pie died again. ?_?

Not fully caught up, but eh, I kind of want to give RNP another day here? Not out of him being like ultra towny - I think it’s plausible that he’d behave the way that he has as either alignment, since blocking Stryke has an obvious agenda but revealing as mafia roleblocker is like pretty bad when he could just block an info role silently. I’m just not super swayed by the cases that I’ve seen. We’re trying to lynch mafia, not people who are behaving in anti-town ways.

In any case I feel like trying to heal clash vig on MF is less likely to succeed than just lynching her purely because there are so many unknowns in the night phase.

Not fully caught up, but eh, I kind of want to give RNP another day here [...] We’re trying to lynch mafia, not people who are behaving in anti-town ways.
In any case I feel like trying to heal clash vig on MF is less likely to succeed than just lynching her purely because there are so many unknowns in the night phase.
these are my reservations as well. on the other hand, i mean, anti-town behavior could ... indicate mafia? i'm not advocating to lynch him BECAUSE i think he's town that's acting in an anti-town way, i just think that that's the worst-case scenario in the event of a mislynch

also lol RNP has only ever shown up when he gets FoS'ed (which i also regard as potentially scummy) and i kind of am excited for a growing wagon to draw him out a bit more over the next four hours or so

the last sentence i quoted is why i'm :/ about attempting to vig though. so honestly maybe i'm leaning towards going for RNP and then d5 MF
If he indeed got Deadly Doctor because it is “not mafia” (yet not town-aligned), he could’ve thought that it would be risky to declare so lest somebody speculates correctly that Deadly Doctor isn’t town-aligned.

This is all just spec btw; I don’t necessarily subscribe to this view.
gotcha. tbh i think a 3p doctor makes zero sense, so i've just thrown that out completely
I still think that if we swap with RNP we can have a good tool at our hands. Serimachi strikes me as someone who’s trying to be helpful, yet has little idea of what’s going on and can’t really keep up with all the posts tbh
so what you think of the RNP lynchtalk, haha. i have no desire to go after serimachi, just to be clear, i was just trying to figure out what your rationale is with mist since it seems like you're just using the inactive lynching rhetoric i used d1.

i also meant to ask why not lynch flora
Mafia!Stryke could’ve claimed to have healed Eifie to stir shit and divert attention to pointless speculation tbh.
he could have, but i'm not inclined to think this given how stryke went about wondering about VM's alignment in earlygame. i don't think this makes all that much sense, especially if you look at the juncture during which he claimed to have healed her, iirc

revealing as mafia roleblocker is like pretty bad when he could just block an info role silently.
also true, but i think it's just as likely that he was told to reveal when it was becoming more and more clear that skylar was considering a reveal (esp when she was beginning to get pushed on by a few people to do so). revealing preemptively looks far more towny than being outed

basically i know that in the case that w!RNP was told to roleclaim, it could seem weird that he's openly blocking a helpful town PR but i also think that it could have been done to sway everyone into giving him the benefit of the doubt because a) he's playing loose-cannon, and b) he usually plays loose-cannon so those who've played with him before are more likely to disregard it. but idk, like, i went back and read a few games with him in it because it was bothering me so much and i still feel weird about it!!

i also meant to ask why not lynch flora
They have a good reason to be inactive =(
(does anyone know how her cat is going btw?)

he could have, but i'm not inclined to think this given how stryke went about wondering about VM's alignment in earlygame. i don't think this makes all that much sense, especially if you look at the juncture during which he claimed to have healed her, iirc
I did an ISO and found nothing wrt Stryke wondering about VM. Could you give me a refresher?

They have a good reason to be inactive =(
they do but also i'm like. idk. if you are just trying to inactive-lynch, flora makes more sense than mist, unless you think that mist is lurking or something - that's what i'm trying to get at here

I did an ISO and found nothing wrt Stryke wondering about VM. Could you give me a refresher?
yeah, though i don't remember it in detail. earlyish on in the game (one of stryke's first serious entrances) he basically said that it was weird that so much was happening to VM and implied that VM's jokeclaim (THE claim, the one where he joked about learning the entire mafia roster and having unlimited vigkills) could have been intended to rile people up

i disagreed with it but it was also like, the first real original thought we'd had in a long time, and i remember it being pretty like gently worded? stryke hasn't seemed to be engaged in stirring shit up - like obviously he could be lying but ... idk,

stryke hasn't seemed to be engaged in stirring shit up - like obviously he could be lying but ... idk,
in the sense that, if that's been his game, he's been doing it more subtly than fakeclaiming a heal would have done imo

in the sense that, if that's been his game, he's been doing it more subtly than fakeclaiming a heal would have done imo
I see where you’re going… Eh.

they do but also i'm like. idk. if you are just trying to inactive-lynch, flora makes more sense than mist, unless you think that mist is lurking or something - that's what i'm trying to get at here
I am indeed leaning to believe that Mist is lurking. Might as well be wrong.

btw I gotta comment that, for some reason, my brain insists in calling Mist “Matt” and I’m honestly afraid of accidentally calling them that name and it turning out to be right lol

Back
Top Bottom