• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

I'll assume bad townlean means you guys are skeptical about me being an innocent. I don't know if it's a good idea to reveal power even in general terms, but I can see already some people have. Can anyone experienced in the game tell me when that's a good idea?
This just seems pure from an unexperienced player
In any case, Mafia almost certainly would not have a fakeclaim ready this early in the game
and he just seems so prepared to claim
Hi! Didn't notice Day 2 had started--figured it'd be in another thread.

Um, how do you guys find so much to speculate about? :ROFLMAO: I mean literally dozens of pages worth of speculation! I still feel like there's very little evidence of anything right now. We have some hints of people with powers who are probably not Mafia, but that's as solid as I feel about anything (and even that could just be trickery).

I mean, I'm aware that I'm really inexperienced and the fact that I feel like we have very little to go on is probably just a consequence of that. But I just find it all very tough to follow.
I feel like Mafia would actually go in, make some pushes, get cliffnotes from buddies in mafia chat
The complete lack of action just reads town to me

tinfoil/skeptic otter post discussion. i'm also ignoring the fact that she is almost def mechanically town because Better Safe Than Sorry!

As someone who understand the mechanics of the role,
this phrasing just irked me tbh, i still feel uneasy about the Swapping Ring and this attempt to grab credibility just makes me feel weird feelings given otter's current place in the game (where i think we all implicitly trust her?)

I’m not that inclined to think she’s a third party since Rari_teh was able to take my role when it had a separate win condition.
are you saying that this worked because you were both town-aligned?
Oh, no, I'm just saying it's the closest thing we have to information about what could happen if you swap with a non-townie. It felt like something worth including, but yeah, thinking about it a bit more, it's not especially concrete.
still don't think the separate wincon means anything if both otter and rari have presumably been town the whole time. weird oversight to make (WOtM for short) if she did write that post as far in advance as she claimed

i also think that it's possible kyeugh is just a towny 3p or something like that if she really isn't town?? it's possible the swap fails wrt 3p i guess but. i don't know

She was also the first to derail Mawile’s wagon the night RNP got lynched.
no comment needed but i'll comment anyway: uhhhhhh. hrm. WOtM?!

post just does not seem to make sense in a large number of ways

i think the shorter/less stupid way to convey what i was trying to say is that it felt like a weird push given how i've been reading all of otter's prior posts, but i suppose it's also possible that she just got overexcited. idk. not considering other worlds (like one where skylar is 3p over mafia, or other reasons that the swap could fail) and throwing in the sort of buzzwordy thing about mawile without even seeming to review the timeline makes me go ?_?

which isn't to say that there's no way skylar is mafia. i just don't want it to be true :C

I personally disagree with "Better Safe than Sorry" when carried to far

you can end up chasing yourself in circles and lynching the people who should be obvious villagers instead of the people who are doing nothing to advance the game

oh, yeah. my intention wasn't actually to FoS otter or anything like that, but it is a weird post/clearing some of it up matters a lot

i'd probably (?) suggest just going for flora after mist, unless something else happens

but yeah. i also just kinda wanted to explain some of my visceral reaction to her post though. for posterity's sake

Like there are 12 people alive (10 tomorrow)
Mewtini/Otter/Ultra are never ever getting lynched
Panini shouldn't ever get lynched
kyeugh I don't think should get lynched
Herbe and Serimachi can go if we're desperate
leaving Flora and Vipera/Emmy

Like there are 12 people alive (10 tomorrow)
Mewtini/Otter/Ultra are never ever getting lynched
Panini shouldn't ever get lynched
kyeugh I don't think should get lynched
Herbe and Serimachi can go if we're desperate
leaving Flora and Vipera/Emmy
you'd rank emmy below herbe/seri?

I mean
I just don't toneread Emmy as town right now
it's not that their tone is scummy, I just don't see it as necessarily town

combined with there's no mechread on town!Emmy
and no voteread on town!Emmy

no you're good. i tentatively agree, i just wasn't realizing you weren't leaning more positively on her

Back
Top Bottom