• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

rip
this is why I should just default to they/them instead of using whatever genders I have probably randomly assigned in my head

Crap, I forgot I got tagged here.

i'm not going to deny a lot of weird stuff has happened around me so i can't really blame you for scumreading me but i explained earlier in a longpost why i couldn't be mafia
tbf him not self presing
idk. lol. i believe that that's up to butterfree.
i really doubt this

It's not you, it's me.

At the risk of making myself look scum, I thought you tagged me first @Ottercopter? Am I missing something, or is there another reason you think the swap fail was because of kyeugh?

Also I don't fully understand why you are 100% positive about multiquote swap mechanics now when before you seemed like you weren't sure how it would resolve and you wanted to test it out. Did Butterfree give you more information or something? I want to pursue this avenue further but I'm a little wary about lynching someone I've had a fairly solid townread on if there's no information on why the swap failed.

Mist1422 definitely seems like the safest lynch for today, but after that... damn... I still have my suspicions about Herbe now that we know Mawile was probably in-group mafia? Not that I'm fully convinced Herbe is scum, but can we at least try swapping with Herbe tonight to see if it sticks? Something about the way he lovers claimed with Mawile to throw us off the lynch wagon and backtracked as soon as it was evident Mawile was going to die just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry if I'm wrong, Herbe, but I just think we should look into that.

At the risk of making myself look scum, I thought you tagged me first @Ottercopter? Am I missing something, or is there another reason you think the swap fail was because of kyeugh?
i think it's that when she first batch-quoted to swap, skylar was at the top of the list. the post you quoted came later

I want to pursue this avenue further but I'm a little wary about lynching someone I've had a fairly solid townread on if there's no information on why the swap failed.
yeah this is how i feel as well

in re: herbe, i'm def relaxing my "he's 3p!!!" grip a little now that mawile has been revealed to be ingroup/there is something weird there. on the other hand, if herbe were mafia, what incentive would he have had to be as solvey as he was pre-lovers claim? (then again maybe that's a moot point, given that everything pre-mawile was a mislynch. haha ...)

i just can't get over the weird mawile/herbe split about mawile feeling weird that herbe was sheeping me, or w/e - if they're w/w then like. idk. Why. maybe i'm fixated on that because it involved my name, but it was also the only vaguely-AI interaction seen between the two of them i think

Something about the way he lovers claimed with Mawile to throw us off the lynch wagon and backtracked as soon as it was evident Mawile was going to die just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
oh, i'm not sure what backtrack you're referring to, though. is it when he said he wouldn't die if mawile did?

i think it's that when she first batch-quoted to swap, skylar was at the top of the list. the post you quoted came later
Ah

oh, i'm not sure what backtrack you're referring to, though. is it when he said he wouldn't die if mawile did?
Yeah. I can see it being like a desperation thing just to keep Mawile alive if he really is like a Guardian Angel kinda role, but I don't feel good about just accepting that at face value with the new information that's been presented. It doesn't hurt to try a swap tonight at least? It's not like we're hard pressed to pick a lynch target for today.

Also I don't fully understand why you are 100% positive about multiquote swap mechanics now when before you seemed like you weren't sure how it would resolve and you wanted to test it out. Did Butterfree give you more information or something? I want to pursue this avenue further but I'm a little wary about lynching someone I've had a fairly solid townread on if there's no information on why the swap failed.
When I asked, she told me enough that I knew how the chain was theoretically supposed to move. Mewtini, that was also what I was trying to imply when I was talking about knowing how the role worked. Just trying to get rid of any doubts that maybe I mixed up who I first targetted or something, not so much re-establish credibility that I'm trustworthy or something.

I don't wanna give away more of the mechanics because I'm gonna have to try swapping again tonight. And as our last doctor, there's pretty good grounds to include VM somewhere in that chain, so the more ambiguous it is where you get swapped, the better? I think? I dunno, this is kinda the heaviest thing on my mind right now. Not that I'm not paying attention to the rest of the discussion, of course.

Yeah. I can see it being like a desperation thing just to keep Mawile alive if he really is like a Guardian Angel kinda role, but I don't feel good about just accepting that at face value with the new information that's been presented. It doesn't hurt to try a swap tonight at least? It's not like we're hard pressed to pick a lynch target for today.
yeah, i agree!

In a 25 person setup, there's probably 5 Mafia given we have 2 outgroups flipped
M&F + Mawile + Mist + [kyeugh/Vipera] + [Flora/Semirachi]?
I'm interested in this interpretation, @Seshas . Are you saying that if kyeugh is inno, Vipera is maf, and vice versa? and if serimachi is inno, flora is maf, etc?

Also, hm. Best case, town has 2 lynches to win, worst case, 4? What does that look like on D9, D10, etc? when is lylo?

Basically
I'm feeling like there's at least one mafia who's actually paying attention to the game, and it's between [Vipera/Emmy/maaaaaybe kyeugh]
I feel like it's very unlikely that Vipera and kyeugh are ever scum together

and that just left one mafia in the pool of people who weren't paying attention to the game

I think my opinions haven't changed a ton but line up loosely with what Seshas has been saying? Apart from I feel messy about Emmy vs Serimachi rankings.
I mean
I just don't toneread Emmy as town right now
it's not that their tone is scummy, I just don't see it as necessarily town

combined with there's no mechread on town!Emmy
and no voteread on town!Emmy
tbf Emmy kinda has a vague mechread in the sense that she had MI info that we saw play out during the game- I suppose it's plausible that the mafia had knowledge of the magic/nanobots dichtonomy but I also feel like this thing you said about serimachi is equally applicable to Emmy to a degree?
This just seems pure from an unexperienced player
In any case, Mafia almost certainly would not have a fakeclaim ready this early in the game
and he just seems so prepared to claim
I do think out of mech Emmy's been mostly just popping in with snippets here and there, so agree there's not a lot to decisively town-read by, I just kinda think she still has more going for her than seri by a ways.

Re: Otter/kyeugh stuff, I kind of just want to give that the space to play out more fully. Even with the point about previously being able to swap around a 3P, I don't think it's out of the question that there might still be non-mafia roles that Butterfree would be unable to swap for anyway? I feel like she's been playing her town game in basically all other respects, so I feel like. Similar hesitations to mewtini.

I'm also not sure what the Herbe test proposed is supposed to prove - if Herbe's role right now is the kind of blank slate he's proposed it to be presumably without win con (?) I don't think that's very applicable to the situation beyond what's already been done.

Wondering if it's worth going back over VM/Stryke/koko situation now that we have flips although I guess VM would either way be assuming there that he's actually dealing with two legit claims since koko was outgroup. I think the overarching point about there probably being an active player (or at least one that's reading) is fairly cogent though.

bloop Mist1422

Back
Top Bottom