• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

i don’t see the world in which w!rari targets mewt for the third day in a row
why not
w!raris job in this scenario is to convince as many townies to misvote as possible (as an extra addendum, in the AU where only 3 mafia are alive rn, just one misvote wouldn’t cut it), so why continue to target someone you already have pocketed in a life or death scenario
w!rari only has to convince a single townie to misvote right now, i don't see why they wouldn't choose mewt there?
i digress
even if we were at lylo, it would get pretty fucking obvious at the moment when w!me’s scumbuddies piled on you on EoD
indeed, you will probably not have to even do that
but it's still true that it's technically all you must do

like why wouldn’t w!rari target me? we have had pretty similar thought processes the last few days, and that would’ve driven the nail in the coffin. rari choosing to target mewt is irrational in the exact ways that i would expect from v!rari

you may do so, but i'm not really trying to convince you of anything because you're a wolf defending your partner and there is no way your vote moves off me anyway
i'm just pointing out how this thinking doesn't and shouldn't hold for anyone else reading it because they're not you, even if it's easy to read it and nod along because they agree with the argument it's supporting
if the actual townies remaining don't even pay consideration to the world where i'm telling the truth and grapple with the things i'm saying rather than trying to ad hoc rationalize how rari is telling the truth here, this day is a waste of time and we've already lost

i don’t think w!trebek would go this out to defend his partner tbh
but then again it’s me, his alleged scumbuddy who’s saying this, so read this as you want tbh

i'm not against different lines of thought / people laying out opposing opinions in thread btw, if thats how this is coming across

but i would rather have two differing opinions that are both fleshed out, rather than

person A: opinion
person B: nah cuz ur wolf lol

which is sort of how its felt for a while now?

no, it's more that the things you're saying literally only make sense from your pov, and that's happened a few times. which i'm trying to call attention to because you're not even in the clear and it's something people should be thinking more deeply about for reasons other than the ones you are stating, since they don't apply to anyone else

in other words i’m not arguing with you or trying to change your mind because you and i both know that isn’t going to happen, i’m just qualifying your posts for other people’s consideration
i... don't get how my opinions only make sense from my pov?
the answer to “why doesn’t rari target me?” is just as easily “because you’re partners” to everyone except you and rari

fwiw i’d say that if there’s somebody here whose reads only make sense from their own pov that person is kyeugh tbh
her entire case on “rari is mafia” hangs on her claim that she was a one-shot necro who was blocked and the only person who could ever think of blocking her would be w!me
which, frankly

fwiw i’d say that if there’s somebody here whose reads only make sense from their own pov that person is kyeugh tbh
her entire case on “rari is mafia” hangs on her claim that she was a one-shot necro who was blocked and the only person who could ever think of blocking her would be w!me
which, frankly
i think there's a pretty big difference here. maybe it's semantics, but the wagons here are me and you, and it's the job of everyone else to figure out what they think about that and why. people can only use the information they know and the feelings they have to reach those conclusions, but when you use information only you know, you can't reach a conclusion that's extensible to anyone else. that's the point i'm making. it's one thing to explain your reasoning for your own vote (logically sound), but another to to make a persuasive case to others based on information none of them have (logically fallacious), which is the distinction i'm trying to draw explicitly when i engage with his posts, because the lines can become blurred when you're not thinking about it too much. people can only use their own judgement, and trebek's self-clear (and any reasoning extending from it) should not factor into that judgement for anyone except himself. that's not the same as me offering my information, because the wagon is about me, and that information is necessary for everyone to consider their positions.

which, frankly
i think there's a pretty big difference here. maybe it's semantics, but the wagons here are me and you, and it's the job of everyone else to figure out what they think about that and why. people can only use the information they know and the feelings they have to reach those conclusions, but when you use information only you know, you can't reach a conclusion that's extensible to anyone else. that's the point i'm making. it's one thing to explain your reasoning for your own vote (logically sound), but another to to make a persuasive case to others based on information none of them have (logically fallacious), which is the distinction i'm trying to draw explicitly when i engage with his posts, because the lines can become blurred when you're not thinking about it too much. people can only use their own judgement, and trebek's self-clear (and any reasoning extending from it) should not factor into that judgement for anyone except himself. that's not the same as me offering my information, because the wagon is about me, and that information is necessary for everyone to consider their positions.
me saying my opinion was never to directly influence people's votes. what i am trying to say is "this is my opinion. if you entertain the train of thought where i am town, then maybe you can see where i am coming from. make whatever decisions you want based off of that."

and it feels weird to be told that the intention of my posts is something other than what i'm intending with them.

which, frankly
me saying my opinion was never to directly influence people's votes. what i am trying to say is "this is my opinion. if you entertain the train of thought where i am town, then maybe you can see where i am coming from. make whatever decisions you want based off of that."

and it feels weird to be told that the intention of my posts is something other than what i'm intending with them.
i'm not telling you what your intentions are; i've said several times now that i understand why you're making your posts, and i'm just outlining clearly that the reasoning shouldn't work to anyone else reading it, because it's easy to nod along with something making an argument you already agree with and feel more convicted as a result even though logically it shouldn't have that effect. which, of course i'll want to do that, because from my pov everyone is nodding along with you even though i know for a fact you're leading them astray. if you're going to keep suggesting that's wolfy even though i've spelled this out in excruciating detail three times now, that's fine, but i'm not going to stop how i'm posting and i'm not going to explain it anymore.

which, frankly
so you’re saying that the difference is that trebek did not vote?

which, frankly
so you’re saying that the difference is that trebek did not vote?
not even close. ?_?

which, frankly

i'm not telling you what your intentions are; i've said several times now that i understand why you're making your posts, and i'm just outlining clearly that the reasoning shouldn't work to anyone else reading it, because it's easy to nod along with something making an argument you already agree with and feel more convicted as a result even though logically it shouldn't have that effect. which, of course i'll want to do that, because from my pov everyone is nodding along with you even though i know for a fact you're leading them astray. if you're going to keep suggesting that's wolfy even though i've spelled this out in excruciating detail three times now, that's fine, but i'm not going to stop how i'm posting and i'm not going to explain it anymore.
the fact that we keep talking in circles is i think indicative of the fact that you don't actually understand why i'm making my posts

which, frankly

the fact that we keep talking in circles is i think indicative of the fact that you don't actually understand why i'm making my posts
we keep talking in circles because i keep doing the thing i just wrote a novel about up there and you keep having the exact same reaction every time.

again, sorry if this seems snippy, it’s just really exasperating being the only remaining person in the game that’s not either a wolf or being hopelessly misled by wolves, especially when it’s going to cost the game and is so, so clear from my perspective. but i do applaud the wolves for strong-arming the thread into this position tbh. it’s definitely something, the way that by its nature this strategy pretty much culminates in me and me alone feeling like i’m going crazy, which is exactly why it works. if you guys win you deserve it but you should still feel guilty 😠😠😠

Back
Top Bottom