• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

that’s fair, hindsight is also 20/20
just sadboiz looking back on it

i’m interested in what everyone thinks happened last night btw
my guess is that either:
mafia decided that vm was more likely to target mafia than town, and decided to rb/kill him

mafia decided to kill vm, and vm targeted rari

either VM shot me and mewtini protected me or VM got scared about the possibility of a parity win and folded

mafia probably killed VM because they saw a full vig as a bigger threat than a cloudy-powered JoaT tbh
this, especially bc mewt can’t currently kill

Also, like

I think if mafia want to win this they can’t do it in F3

Because we have kinda stopped considering dark fishing bros

either VM shot me and mewtini protected me or VM got scared about the possibility of a parity win and folded

mafia probably killed VM because they saw a full vig as a bigger threat than a cloudy-powered JoaT tbh
this, especially bc mewt can’t currently kill
they could’ve wifomed her ‘can’t kill’ claim, but apparently either didn’t or shrugged it off tbh

I think if mafia want to win this they can’t do it in F3
forgive my ignorance, but what is F3?

I mean
who roleblocks skylar n3, wasn’t she solidly in the PoE at that time?

imo the only things realistic to assume that vm might have done last night are shoot me, shoot rari, or shoot no one.

we'll never know if he indeed shot but if he did, the results would have been really bad for the mafia no matter what. if he shot me, i'd flip town, which would blow a hole in their entire plan for toDay. if he shot rari, well, he'd shoot rari, and they'd be down one. his kill would still go through even if they killed him, so he needed to be blocked; but if they just blocked him and killed someone else, he'd come in the next day to say he was blocked, which wouldn't work either. so the only thing the mafia could do to keep my lynch on the table is both block and shoot him, hence the single kill. regardless of who or whether he shot, that was the safest play for mafia to make.

we're currently at 4:9 mafia:town, so the mafia can't force a rand today. their best bet was to shut up and kill vm, and bank on just one townie believing believing rari over me, which is to be fair not a bad wager whatsoever—and it means that keeping mewt around wasn't the worst thing in the world either, because i can't imagine a whole lot that's going to get her to vote against rari at this point, which means the mafia pretty much have my lynch in the bag. that'll bring us down to parity, and there's no one left to block them and no more vig to shoot one of them down overnight, so they'll certainly win overNight, because all they have to do is kill mewt (who can't possibly be protected). pretty good plan tbh.

no new information is going to come out in my defense today, unless i can somehow prove the presence of a roleblocker (besides the fact that it's the most logical explanation of the lack of kill tonight imo, regardless of what you think of my alignment; both w!me and w!rari would have reasons to block vm's shot last Night). that is the current state of the game, though, so it is pretty much up to you guys to make the right decision. all i ask is that you all really, really examine your feelings about rari, because if even one townie makes the wrong decision, we all lose. on the other hand, if we do lynch rari today, i think it's pretty much game over for the mafia. i'm basically the last good townie mislynch left. if the game goes on to toMorrow, the remaining townies are going to have a very good idea of who the remaining wolves are.

anyway, there's nowhere for me to put my vote today but rari_teh.

I mean
who roleblocks skylar n3, wasn’t she solidly in the PoE at that time?
rari would, because i fullclaimed to them when they neighborized me, and they predicted that i would use my power to revive ils.
you could’ve linked to the post where I actually dogwhistled you to revive him tbh
which was, for context, after you were allegedly roleblocked and before you appeared inthread
did not notice that! i am infamously immune to the snakewhistle tbh! i'm unclear on what the takeaway is supposed to be from it anyway, though; if you're mafia it's just posturing for plausible deniability anyway, baiting to double check that i'd used up my power already.

Back
Top Bottom