• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

I interpreted this as saying that people with PRs should vote as normal, without worrying about whether they might lose their night action from unpopularity, because otherwise the mafia might be able to pick up on their reluctance to vote.
oh thanks! i forgot that losing actions was a thing :p

A v-shaped formation of Cramorants flies overhead. Snooloo snuffles softly.

--

i want to say i townlean her for proposing it tbh - i think being concerned about popularity levels, especially after blu brought up abstention with some seriousness, makes sense and idk if i see reason for a wolf to spend that much time on The Plan

general thoughts are "i'm not paying very much attention today and will have to think harder later" and i kind of like how everyone who's posted sounds. if i had to pick out people who i'm townleaning on most, probably you/trebek/koko/blu so far?
Thanks! Can you tell me more about why for those four? I'm particularly interested in your read on Trebek.

re: Ysabel, why do you think a mafia would not spend that much time on that proposal?

(I don't expect scumreads from you - I know it's early, and I don't really have any either - but it looks like the only two people who haven't posted are Julia and Mr. Ultracool so I doubt everyone so far has been town, hehe.)

koko, I'm a bit confused about how you arrived at that read on me at this stage. I was not present for the equivalent earlygame time period in Cats, I said I would be more relaxed this game regardless of alignment, and I perceived myself as townreading most of my partners in early Cats, not distancing that hard. Could you try and explain your thought process a little more?
Yes, of course! When I say "combative", I don't mean that you aggressively tunnel people or that you deliberately antagonise them, but rather that you carefully identify and expose (what you present as) weak spots in their posts. (Kind of like you're doing with me now, in fact - although it doesn't really fit the pattern, since you're not doing it to anyone else and I know that I'm not your partner.) I don't remember your post saying that you planned to be more relaxed, but I don't think it would have made a great deal of difference; from what I've seen so far, nobody is really varying their basic style of play, even if they're being less serious about it.

I can understand if it seems like I've jumped on this a bit early - that's possibly because I'd already saved it up as a piece of meta info before the game started, so I was specifically looking for it when you started posting. In hindsight I should maybe have waited a little longer for verification, but eh, it's out there now. And I don't think I'm wrong, though I concede that might be confbias.

Also, could you talk about why you asked sande that question specifically? You can answer this latter question after they answer.
Absolutely, there is method to my madness. By all means nag me if I seem to have forgotten.

Do you have an active scumread on Blu for what you mention or do you just disagree with my read? My read on Blu is thin for sure, but I think he has definitely brought up game-related things, such as his speculation on the flavor text's relevance, and done so in a kind of unprompted way. I also think he might feel a bit more self-conscious as mafia and I don't really think any self-consciousness has bled through.
I suppose you could call it a scumlean in that I don't really have anything better to go off yet, but no, this isn't anything approaching concrete - at the moment I'm just throwing things out there as they come to mind. I do disagree with a "lack of self-consciousness", though - what else do you call post #80?

Thanks! Can you tell me more about why for those four? I'm particularly interested in your read on Trebek.
trebek is mostly a personality read, it's not all that strong but i liked how he talked about ysabel's plan + his 109:
the real question is, if town decides to try to yeet someone today, it will be interesting to see how mafia react around the wagons, since they know how it will affect their popularity and we don’t

for you it's gut and what koko said about combativeness, though i think i'm making the mistake of comparing your cats midgame to your earlygame here. tbh i think it'll probably settle into a keldeo-fear-nullread since i kinda doubt my ability to read you on d1 ever :|

koko's 150 felt good, i think, though e is the weakest of those four. and i just like blu's tone because i think it's similar to cats lol

I do disagree with a "lack of self-consciousness", though - what else do you call post #80?
i read that as a joke tbh. i think keldeo's blu read was mostly based on his openness though, or at least mine is - he definitely expressed self-doubt a fair amount of times in cats but i think the general purity feels similar to me so far

i said that kind of stupidly but i guess i'm thinking self-consciousness as in being more worried about optics as opposed to the self-doubt kind of thing

FWIW, if I had to pick someone other than Keldeo to townlean it would also be Trebek. In my case it's based in no small part on his #109:
the real question is, if town decides to try to yeet someone today, it will be interesting to see how mafia react around the wagons, since they know how it will affect their popularity and we don’t
which is really not something I would expect the mafia to want to bring to our attention, except as some sort of mega-weird gambit centring around a popularity-affecting role, or I guess if they thought it would be super-obvious to us (hahahahaha) and wanted to bring it up first for townie points.

re: Ysabel, why do you think a mafia would not spend that much time on that proposal?

(I don't expect scumreads from you - I know it's early, and I don't really have any either - but it looks like the only two people who haven't posted are Julia and Mr. Ultracool so I doubt everyone so far has been town, hehe.)
i forgot to reply to this part
i guess i just think it would be a lot of visibility for mafia to have put on themselves? and the way i read it it seemed to come from a fairly sincere place

i do not have any scumleans though either yet tbh. i'm just kind of like "uhmmm zero/lowposters?!"

no thoughts
head empty
mewtini town
remember how last time i pointed out that it was statistically impossible for me to be mafia again, and i turned out to be right? well now it’s statistically impossible that mewtini is town.
2c3d393d-8757-4d00-8a67-28d7de0cd3a8.png

Snooloo snools disconcertedly. Maybe Snooloo shouldn't be thinking so hard about a game with less than 200 posts.

--

Mist, can you tell me more about mewtini being town? I'm leaning that way but like, whatever shrug early read and she hasn't shown that much depth yet.

mewtini, could you explain what exactly you mean by your personality read on Trebek? Like, how did his talking about Ysabel's plan match what you would expect of him as town? Also, what made you like koko's #150?

I'm still a little sketched out by how early eir read on me was - I don't have a good grasp on eir playstyle but e read as fairly "TMI-y" as mafia in Cats (townreading people e knew to be town, sometimes based on very little), and like, I'd made literally 4 posts, ~2 of which were talking about this game and not theory. For a meta read that's based on the enduring absence of a certain form of hostility, it still feels a bit premature even if e was coming into the game looking for it. I would like other people to talk to me about this, I know I may be seizing onto something that isn't meaningful.

For Blu, I don't mean displayed self-consciousness, I mean like... feeling less good about making posts at all, including posts about being self-conscious. It's about the mindset behind him making posts, not the mindset he talks about in the posts, if that makes sense. This is based on speculation on how he feels about playing as the mafia alignment (which is speculation that may be totally off base), so I don't really feel like arguing it right now - I'm sure my thoughts on him will continue developing as he continues posting.

I also do think it's kind of obvious that the mafia know whether wagons affect their popularity and town don't, though that can all be WIFOMed.

remember how last time i pointed out that it was statistically impossible for me to be mafia again, and i turned out to be right? well now it’s statistically impossible that mewtini is town.
hey maybe my mafia roll got absorbed by when i rolled 3p! >:(
hmm, actually, you’re into something here...
it is statistically 50% impossible that mewtini isn’t not mafia.

am no thoughts head empty but I’m just getting the same vibes from mewtini that I did in cats (2019)

@Superjolt, how's life? :D
Life is good! Feeling pretty tired rn (might go to bed early tbh). Also wishing I had a new laptop!

I agree about voting as normal here. Also agree about Blu feeling same as Cats maf so far.

Note to self to take another look at koko's posts when I'm not tired (just to read them with a clear head), also I feel like the Keldeo read was a little quick maybe

I feel like I don't any other thoughts really right now but it might be because I'm tired and brain is failing (I already kind of dozed off after I started typing this post oops!)

Particularly, mewtini/Trebek, I'm interested if you have any thoughts on Ysabel for proposing her plan, given that you seem to disagree with it.

i think i’m in agreement with mewt here mostly? like, i disagree with the idea on a pragmatic level but i don’t disagree with the mindset that comes up with that idea, if that makes any sense

i’m only half alive so just keeping up with posts and not really thinking too hard about reads currently, but will answer questions!

I'm still a little sketched out by how early eir read on me was - I don't have a good grasp on eir playstyle but e read as fairly "TMI-y" as mafia in Cats (townreading people e knew to be town, sometimes based on very little), and like, I'd made literally 4 posts, ~2 of which were talking about this game and not theory. For a meta read that's based on the enduring absence of a certain form of hostility, it still feels a bit premature even if e was coming into the game looking for it. I would like other people to talk to me about this, I know I may be seizing onto something that isn't meaningful.
i kind of can see what you’re saying here. however (and i might be misremembering here) i feel like this kind of read isn’t unlike em to make, is it? my opinion will depend a lot on how willing e is to adjust that read. overall i don’t think it’s necessarily bad to form a small, malleable lean based on analyzing your posts by specific qualities, and eir explanation reads sincerely enough to me for now.

mewtini, could you explain what exactly you mean by your personality read on Trebek? Like, how did his talking about Ysabel's plan match what you would expect of him as town? Also, what made you like koko's #150?
personality read where i think i'd expect him to be either significantly quieter or more calculated in his posting as a wolf. him talking about ysabel's plan is a shallower part, i was going a bit more off of the other post i'd quoted, i just thought that his thought surrounding possible vulnerabilities in the plan made more sense as worried!town than not

realizing that my reaction to 150 was kind just of me seeing a longpost and finding that towny tbh, now that i go back to try to elaborate why i liked it lol. i might drop koko from the light townlean to null because i kind of see what you mean by the quick read on you/i am maybe unreasonably confused by eir blu talk but that's probably just like. People Attempting To Grasp For Read Content in earlygame

but i also find it really hard to read koko (as i think i've talked about in both tvt and cats) so i will put a pin in this

Back
Top Bottom