• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

Mewtini rereading everything and reacting is really powerful! I'm very inclined to townread because it feels solvy to me 😄

Even if kyeugh was maf I think leg snom deserves to win. Tbh she feels similar to Cats and I do feel like the diss track would be a fiendish Zorua role meant to discredit her >:o AND kyeugh deserves justice after scumreading rari in cats and nobody believing her (rip)

Tbh she feels similar to Cats and I do feel like the diss track would be a fiendish Zorua role meant to discredit her
yeah i agree. though i also think it's somewhat possible that the role is town, tbh, as she said. either way i think she sounds pretty much just like cats (or as much as she can while being in a different game :p )

@kokorico i'm curious what you think of ysabel at this point, especially wrt her voting idea!

Not sure what else I can say about her that I didn't in my previous post, tbh. Her voting idea added to the conversation, yeah, but I didn't see it as particularly AI? After all, the mafia don't want to have their popularity lowered either. Put it this way, I don't have anything on her higher than a C on my read-confidence scale.

Aside from that I think the only non-inactives I haven't said anything about yet are you and kyeugh, both of whom I haven't tried to look at in any particular detail yet. Will get on that tomorrow.

Not sure what else I can say about her that I didn't in my previous post, tbh. Her voting idea added to the conversation, yeah, but I didn't see it as particularly AI? After all, the mafia don't want to have their popularity lowered either. Put it this way, I don't have anything on her higher than a C on my read-confidence scale.
sorry tbh! i think i'd started writing my post before seeing yours, and i didn't go back/see it afterward :p thanks!
(i was mostly just asking to see if it lined up with you feeling weird about blu talking abstention)

(i was mostly just asking to see if it lined up with you feeling weird about blu talking abstention)
Wait up, on rereading I don't think I catch your meaning here? AFAICT Ysabel didn't advocate abstaining. If anything, it was the opposite - she tried to come up with a way to ensure there was a lynch even if people wanted to avoid officially voting.

Wait up, on rereading I don't think I catch your meaning here? AFAICT Ysabel didn't advocate abstaining. If anything, it was the opposite - she tried to come up with a way to ensure there was a lynch even if people wanted to avoid officially voting.
er, *yeet. sorry im sorry im trying to remove it

it was more that i was connecting "people proposing somehow unconventional strategies" than anything else, not that ysabel advocated for abstaining specifically. it's a tenuous connection but that's why i associated them

Oh I see. I wasn't thinking anywhere near that deeply when I mentioned Blu's pro-abstention post, I was just tossing it out there since I was mentioning his post record anyway and it seems to be a truism that abstention rarely benefits town. In fact I didn't even bother to note it down by his entry on my spreadsheet.

it seems to be a truism that abstention rarely benefits town
oh yeah, i agree. i just get wary of assuming that people only mention abstention as an anti-town tactic, esp in this setup (and also post-cats where there was some genuine town disagreement about what was best on d1) ... even if i'm pretty much always pro-d1 lynch, personally

Vote Superjolt. I think we should start building wagons if we're going to be voting normally. I know he's got stuff going on, but I think pressuring him is more productive than pressuring either of the two inactive people at the bottom of my POE.

I'm not townreading [Mr. Ultracool, Superjolt, MP7] + slightly higher tier of [Mist, Julia, Trebek?, Ysabel?]. Not really sure how good I feel about my reads, and endgame sneaks up fast in a smaller game, but ehh good enough for now I guess. If you think I should take someone out or put someone into my voting pool, please talk to me about why!

I don't really want to vote kokorico any more, though to be clear, that's not really a townread - just a "sure, not today" read.

I'll make a more thorough post / respond to things later, sorry.

Note to self to take another look at koko's posts when I'm not tired (just to read them with a clear head), also I feel like the Keldeo read was a little quick maybe
Did you get to take a look at Koko's posts?
i feel like a scumchat might let one of their own into the thread to go "hey uh how do you play mafia", especially since it feels like to me that a lot of people in this game are reading blu as town for tone reasons, so i'm not really feeling that not knowing stuff is clearing julia.
Can you expand on this, please? And how do reads on Blu relate to reads on Julia?
While I’m here and thinking about it: where are people’s heads at on skylar rn? Just to see thoughts on this when I read up
Why? Was there something about her posts or interactions that caught your attention?
I already made my reads on her.

Things to note:
my wall was in reply to your question, Mewt, just so it's clear. When you asked why I chose those specific people.
After isoing, Blu went slightly up on my townlean list.

BTW Koko and keldeo, you don't have to answer right now but what's the point of these qs? Specifically the one about what I do as town and what I would do as maf? Not to discredit them, but I could be lying or withholding information.
In general, I ask questions either for the obvious reason (because I want to know the answer) or to try to provoke a response that's alignment-indicative in some way. I expect Keldeo's attitude is very similar.

The question about what you think the mafia ought to be doing was mostly of the latter type, but I didn't have anything particular in mind; I was basically just fishing to see if you said anything revealing, because I don't have any real read on you yet despite your having posted a fair amount. (I liked your confusion earlier when you were trying to pin down how the popularity mechanics worked, but I don't think it would have been terribly difficult to fake.) Unfortunately, it wasn't particularly successful in that regard, but that's nothing to worry about - it's only D1.

Fair enough. Ask away, I'll try to answer any question as transparently as I can. I just think that meta questions like those two are not very good for AI answers, since it wouldn't relate to this specific game. Especially since no one here has played with me before, so they can't really deny or corroborate (though even then a player's meta can change). Which is why I tried to explain what my current town game consisted of to Keldeo.

I agree with your point on Mist, by the way: they're another person who's sitting in my category of "present but an unknown quantity". For what it's worth, they're not the only person who's been complaining about having a lack of useful information; for example, Trebek did the same thing here.

Wait.. I think you posted an unrelated quote? To clarify, do you mean I'm not the only person who has pointed out that Mist hasn't contributed too much?

Mist was also the first person to point out that sanderidge and Superjolt were highlighted in the player list, although I can see that the mafia would be curious about that too, if it really was just a mistake by the GM.

Noted. I didn't really gave much thought to the mistake when it was presented. (not speculating, though, because rules xD)

Their #60 popped out to me as being a bit bizarre but I can't really articulate why.
Could you try? :P Even if it doesn't make complete sense?

Back
Top Bottom