• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

interested in jolt's general reads/replies to some of the earlier questions (like the skylar interest) but assuming he's reading back atm

but also before i forget - @Mr. Ultracool i saw you reacting to my pings earlier haha! would like to know where your head is at when you get the chance

Ysabel, could you place a vote before you go, if you might not be back?
All right. Uhh other than the inactives my lower reads are SJ and Mist. Sanderidge is higher bc of what I perceive as genuineness and helpfulness. I've pretty much talked about everyone else. And Mist says their play improves on D2 so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now. That said,
Vote Superjolt

interested in jolt's general reads/replies to some of the earlier questions (like the skylar interest) but assuming he's reading back atm

but also before i forget - @Mr. Ultracool i saw you reacting to my pings earlier haha! would like to know where your head is at when you get the chance
I think the only ones that replied to the question were koko and sande and only sande gave a serious answer so I don’t have much to say about the replies (but has anyone else besides Ysabel given any takes on kyeugh? actually they probably did and I’ve missed it :o

But anyway what I was thinking was that kyeugh seems ok and I get ok vibes there but last game I got really strong townvibes and (even though I subbed out I thought she was easy to townread) and the vibes are comparatively weak here for me. I wanted to see where others were at and if they might have similar feels

Getting a list together which I’ll get back to now! Ugh typing this all on mobile is painful and tedious

I think the only ones that replied to the question were koko and sande and only sande gave a serious answer so I don’t have much to say about the replies (but has anyone else besides Ysabel given any takes on kyeugh? actually they probably did and I’ve missed it :o
oh sorry, i was just asking about why you asked about skylar! that was unclear. what made the vibes strong in cats?

in re: other responses about her ... i talked about her near the end of my long/convoluted thoughtspost (293) - basically i think she sounds pretty much like she did as town in cats (memery) and she's talked a bit about mech, esp since she apparently got targeted by the depopularizer thing. i want to say a few people did talk about her actually on the basis of vibes (+ being the target of that maybe-wolf role) but it's sort of scattered around the thread so

@Keldeo, the reason I asked this question was that sanderidge and Bluwiikoon were at the bottom of my (very loosely ordered and sketchy!) readlist, and they did have an interaction on the early pages (#66) - albeit not one I'd personally read anything much into. I wondered if, in the scenario where they were w/w, she might panic thinking she'd given something away. She didn't, though, and also since then she's made more posts I kind of like, in particular the mech speculation at the top of #187 and her slightly emotional uncertainty in #194. So she's no longer floating so far down for me. And I guess this counts as a small point in favour of Blu too, in a strict Bayesian sense.

@Ysabel - If you were mafia, what do you think you would be trying to accomplish toDay? For example, who do you think you would be picking out as the best candidate for a mislynch?

I don't really see how asking someone about other people's interactions helps to reaction test them about an interaction they had with someone else, but like, koko evidently asked the original question with this explanation in mind regardless of eir alignment so it's whatever. This question from koko to Ysabel is fine, I want to say it makes her and koko less likely to be partners.

I do not think Julia would go to mafia chat before posting, and I don't read any particular purity into the posts she did make. I still do not want to vote her today just out of like... giving some more time to a new player.

I think Ysabel's posting has been fine and rereading her posting I'm moving her up. Though a lot of the reasoning she gave in #275 was generic, I liked the specificity in her points about Blu, mewtini, and kyeugh, and the straightforwardness in her answering what she'd do in this game as mafia in #334. I feel meh about her shading people who have been less active, but that's my instinct as well. :/ I kind of think she has a limited number of possible mafia partners, as well.

I think the #DetailedHedging about a lot of different things in Mewtini's #293 is like, really good, and pretty tonally similar to her game in Cats and TVTropes. If I had to point to actual things: reads she makes on really small things or not conventionally alignment-indicative things like Skylar's legsnom, waffling like worrying about misreading Julia, the background processing evident in her question to koko in #308, townreading me when she could probably just hit me with the fear nullread. I have no idea how she would play as mafia, but I'm not voting her today, I don't think.

--

BTW Koko and keldeo, you don't have to answer right now but what's the point of these qs? Specifically the one about what I do as town and what I would do as maf? Not to discredit them, but I could be lying or withholding information.
You could be for sure, but presumably if you are town you aren't lying or withholding anything, and therefore an answer could give me insight into your approach that would allow me to correctly townread you. I also was just curious about how you think about the game, in general, since we haven't played together before but you mentioned some past experience in a different thread.

Also, probably not a super helpful answer, but I ask questions because I want to know the answers, hehe. Could be because I think they'll help me read the answerer or the person we're talking about, because I think the answers may be helpful in the future, or because I'm just curious and I like the social aspect of mafia. I don't usually make reads/conclusions directly about the answers, but I do incorporate them into later reviews, and I can always talk about what I think of a specific post or what I had in mind while asking a specific question.

awkward moment when my list is pretty much split by "people who post" vs "people who don't post"
It's like... maybe possible that this game is sortable by post count? I'm probably wrongly townreading someone who's posting. But I think I'm okay with trying to figure that out later.

i think i'm missing something, i didn't realize you were considering voting koko earlier
Sorry, I thought I had made it clear that I was suspecting/not-townreading koko earlier. I wanted to move em out of my voting pools as a "let's give em another day here" sort of thing.

More or less agree with your tiers (Blu excepted), but I'm feeling a bit more positive about Trebek. What do you make of his post here, where he pointed out that mafia might well be wagon-dancing to avoid getting hit by the popularity mechanic? (I thought I remembered you saying something about it already, but I can't find it in your ISO, so apologies if you've already addressed it.)
No worries. I don't find that as towny as you and mewtini seem to, because I don't entirely see why a mafia wouldn't make that post. I think what he pointed out is kind of obvious and he also did not come to any conclusion or anything there. But I'm like... fine with sheeping Mewtini's personality read on him for now, I'll probably reread him in a bit.

Uhhhhr, maybe? The more I think about it the less confident I am in it, but it kind of feels like a bit of an attempt to get people thinking about them as town? Like, presumably they realise nobody else has reason to consider them conftown, so treating it as a given (even for a joke) comes off as a bit disingenuous. But then again I did pretty much exactly the same thing at the start of #244, so perhaps I'm being way, way too cynical.

I'd call that post of Mist's "look at me I'm so towny" (LAMIST) on a level. I think it's a post they could've made as either alignment with the intent to express their totally town mindset. I guess I would keep an eye out for Mist continuing to promise and not deliver thoughts.

--

@kokorico, could you give updated reads on me and Blu?

I'll be back with Takes:tm: shortly most likely
@Mist1422 I'm interested in these :O

Some quick takes here, it’s not much but probably the best I can do for now (I kind of started skimming everything)

Bluwiikoon - mentioned already that I get the same kind of pure Vibes as last game and this hasn’t changed (though Blu did feel a little more solvey on D1 in Cats I thought)

Mist - no opinion here, guess they never came in to give those Takes(tm)

sanderidge - I kind of want to say sande feels pure on tone (kind of similar to Blu but also maybe less so and with an asterisk that she does have more experience... if this makes sense? maybe need to revisit later)

kyeugh - kind of gave thoughts above already

kokorico - gave thoughts here too, still unsure here

Ysabel - seems alright so far? Her reads felt genuine at least. I did skim tho so maybe need to check over again

Keldeo - feels good so far and I don’t think I’ve had a problem with any of the questions he’s asked. I will note that I kind of felt the same way in Cats about him early on though. I also don’t support the wagon he’s started! On a serious note though not entirely sure how I feel about his vote on me, I think it would have been stronger if he had coupled it with more than just getting me to contribute, which I would have done anyway even without a vote (unless there’s actually more to it and I’m already forgetting)

mewtini- Getting similar vibes to last game where she was town so I think town

Trebek- thought he seemed ok early on but not sure now, he was tough to read last game

404 not found - Julia, Mr ultracool , m+7

hmm this feels like too many unsures/nulls... but this is where I’m at

Umm if I had questions for anyone I honestly can’t remember anymore my brain is so fried at this point lmao. Also screw you xenforo for eating part of this post somehow and making me type that part again!

I have to get up early and I’m dreading it D:

so now I sleep...

67935e149b219eecad230f0d3fc82a07bd19f335r1-1024-795v2_128.jpg

Snooloo rolls.

--

Hi everyone! Excited to be here.

Like I said in the signup thread, probably will be making infrequent posts and taking it easy.

I won't be doing hypocop, because without role reveals, we get the drawbacks (it can tell the mafia who isn't the cop) without much of the benefits. I don't actually know whether roles are revealed upon death, but I'm assuming they are not.

Do we know if this game is all vanilla / only a few power roles / mostly power roles? If it was mentioned somewhere, I forgot. I guess we know it's not the first because of the popularity role mechanic.

Poor kyeugh btw. I like kyeugh! You rock!

Look at that slank cover, let's kill Keldeo.

Snooloo sniffs the fresh afternoon air.

--

Good spot! The thing my mind immediately jumps to is silencing, but I suppose there isn't really any way to confirm that.
Sorry, I don't follow - if you mean not being able to post in the thread, sande already made a post today.

I'm going to assume it's just a typo or something unless given other indication. Without anything else to talk about, I guess it's fair to look into.

Are you going to RP Snooloo the whole game? Because I'm down for that.

I do not think Julia would go to mafia chat before posting, and I don't read any particular purity into the posts she did make.
meh this is fair, i'll probably back off of that. i just didn't really want her in the Voting Pool because i wanted to give her more time and i read it innocently enough but i'm not actively townreading her either off of those two posts :p

i kind of feel strange about some parts of ysabel's posting (beyond 275, i liked her reasoning there) but i can't tell if it's just like ... by virtue of me being unfamiliar with her and her tone? i don't really understand her lines of questioning and while there are obviously people here whose playstyles include some level of interrogation (keldeo generally, and koko's doing it a fair bit in this game) and well. tbh i think i SRed keldeo for it the first time i saw it because i thought it was performative, but having played with him i can usually see some sort of logic when he pokes at others like that; i'm not yet there with ysabel

on the other hand i agree with keldeo's points about her in re: her straightforwardness, and i still think that proposing the voting rep plan is more of a town move (if only because i think it's sort of unnecessary to do as mafia)
It's like... maybe possible that this game is sortable by post count?
i would enjoy that very much tbh. but i doubt it. 😔
I don't entirely see why a mafia wouldn't make that post. I think what he pointed out is kind of obvious and he also did not come to any conclusion or anything there.
it's not really that i think mafia actively wouldn't - i just think i can see town getting excited about bringing it up more than i'm seeing a wolf bothering to say it, and i'm confbiased by the personality read (i just remember him being so shy as town in cats until mech stuff popped up, so i don't think he'd be posting as much as he is as a wolf?)

i'm confused on the second half of this quote though. what sort of conclusions could he come to? he was referring to wagon movement that hasn't yet happened
I'd call that post of Mist's "look at me I'm so towny" (LAMIST) on a level. I think it's a post they could've made as either alignment with the intent to express their totally town mindset. I guess I would keep an eye out for Mist continuing to promise and not deliver thoughts.
fwiw the LAMIST talk is part of why i scumread mist in cats, though that was a different scenario since it happened closer to endgame. i kind of think that that is just how mist talks tbh so i'm holding out for actual content as well

Back
Top Bottom