• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

Mist hasn't contributed very much btw, even though they have posted a few times. Most of their posts have been jokey or have only talked about mechanics. The only helpful post they have made was the one suggesting about ignoring popularity. Which ehh...

@Mist1422 what are your reads on people btw? Has anything jumped out to you?

i guess a town popularity down-inator could exist, but i feel like it’s more likely to be a mafia role. targeting kyeugh could be a galaxy brain w/w move, but i’m inclined to townlean kyeugh for now.

ngl

I haven’t had the time to read that closely into stuff because Work and I work better D2+ anyway

But I’ll scan over stuff soon

BTW Koko and keldeo, you don't have to answer right now but what's the point of these qs? Specifically the one about what I do as town and what I would do as maf? Not to discredit them, but I could be lying or withholding information.
In general, I ask questions either for the obvious reason (because I want to know the answer) or to try to provoke a response that's alignment-indicative in some way. I expect Keldeo's attitude is very similar.

The question about what you think the mafia ought to be doing was mostly of the latter type, but I didn't have anything particular in mind; I was basically just fishing to see if you said anything revealing, because I don't have any real read on you yet despite your having posted a fair amount. (I liked your confusion earlier when you were trying to pin down how the popularity mechanics worked, but I don't think it would have been terribly difficult to fake.) Unfortunately, it wasn't particularly successful in that regard, but that's nothing to worry about - it's only D1.

I agree with your point on Mist, by the way: they're another person who's sitting in my category of "present but an unknown quantity". For what it's worth, they're not the only person who's been complaining about having a lack of useful information; for example, Trebek did the same thing here. Mist was also the first person to point out that sanderidge and Superjolt were highlighted in the player list, although I can see that the mafia would be curious about that too, if it really was just a mistake by the GM. Their #60 popped out to me as being a bit bizarre but I can't really articulate why.

Other misc thoughts:
  • Now that JuliaTheSeaTurtleQueen has checked in, however briefly, the only person we're waiting for is Mr. Ultracool, who I think tends to be lurky regardless of his alignment. Do we want to ping him for a response toDay, or leave him alone for now?
  • Agree that we should definitely just vote as normal, given the rule change. I also find it mildly amusing that Seshas is apparently just running around slapping patches on her ruleset as we poke holes in it. 😁

hello! Will definitely be getting to this Soon(tm). I slept for a few hours last night and then I woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep so I’m kind of in “ugh” mode today but gonna try to focus

saw a ping from koko, will get to that !

While I’m here and thinking about it: where are people’s heads at on skylar rn? Just to see thoughts on this when I read up

While I’m here and thinking about it: where are people’s heads at on skylar rn? Just to see thoughts on this when I read up
extremely pocketed by snom legs art
jokes aside, i also liked how she pointed out stuff about not needing to worry about popularity mechanics too much yet, although that might just be me latching onto people who seem like they know what they're doing / seem to be doing Solvy Things

ok i have a bit of time now, let's see how much reading-liveblogging i get through in the next 45 minutes .....
I won't be doing hypocop, because without role reveals, we get the drawbacks (it can tell the mafia who isn't the cop) without much of the benefits. I don't actually know whether roles are revealed upon death, but I'm assuming they are not.
given how cats went (ie no one else ever objected to hypocopping/thought of this drawback) i think it was maybe unnecessary for w!keldeo to have said this here, though it's probably not especially AI

- i'm not sure what to make of blu claiming so early in post 50, though he was one of the first people (along with koko) to start talking about mech; his #73 feels pretty towny to me, and though i think i saw some complaints earlier about him proposing abstention, i'm more inclined to townread it than not given that his tone is pretty cats-y. i still think it's natural to be puzzling out ways around novel mechanics, and in retrospect i like 103 (worrying about town debuffing) even if i ultimately disagree with the sentiment itself
I feel like the flavor text indicates some kind of power role that can drag people 😯 I'd assume such a thing would be a wolf power, so maybe for now we can assume kyeugh is innocent? Just the target of mean gossip LOL
- i am kind of obsessed with skylar's legsnom and it feels like the fuckery that she did as town last game
- fsr i like that some people (skylar/koko) drew attention to the strikethrough and people's surrounding reactions (maybe i'd feel weird if i thought it was like, meant to be distracting spec, but i don't think that's how i read most of this)
Is there a mafia role that uhhh traps/yeets anyone who targets you at night?
i am still curious about why this was asked! maybe i'm just not following something tho
- ysabel initially proposing The Plan in 134 gave me similar feelings as blu proposing abstention, i think? natural to wonder about novel mech, etc, etc. i'm not sure i feel as actively good about her other posting thus far about the plan (mostly that she initially was putting it forth as 'just a thought' but later seemed to be pushing for it a bit? like in 234 and beyond) but i definitely don't feel bad
- now that i'm again rereading koko's 150, i still do feel sort of weird about the keldeo read (some of my prior agreement was that i think e was right about keldeo's wolfmeta; most of my turnaround is that i see that, by nature, that meta wouldn't have made itself apparent on d1) but i think i see skylar's point about it being too early to tell (and koko talking about it in 163 feels fair enough). i kind of disagree with what e said about blu here though, i think blu's been contributing at a similar level as he was in cats, and the blupost koko referenced in 163 feels kind of irrelevant to me
- koko asking sande that question about possible w/w interactions and later explaining the rationale for doing so feels vaguely good though
- i still think trebek's concerns about ysabel's voting system feel vaguely good as well
- not much to say on mist or jolt's posting tbh.
- i like sande's tone/thinking out loud process throughout 187 ("does that question keldeo asked sound really loaded" stood out to me positively also), her mech curiosity, and her thought process on the rep plan thing i think ... i don't have meta on her but it read sincere for now
- blu reiterating that PRs should stay quiet about their popularity tracking feels kind of similar to some of the shepherding he did during cats. i guess this isn't really AI in and of itself but
- this is maybe naive but i like julia's entrance in 253 ;;
also this is maybe illegal but i think it's pretty doubtful that she's lying/making up being new to mafia, seeing as emmy literally confirmed such in 257.
- i started wondering how i felt about ysabel's tone in places but i like 275 (her read wall)
tl;dr i kind of like how everyone sounds and i am sort of nervous for EoD coming up tbh. i gut-like koko and keldeo's like ... town shepherding/questioning but i'm afraid of keldeo and idrk koko's town meta but i'll vibe for now esp since e's volunteered independent thoughts pretty freely. also i didn't really take enough notes as i went through on skylar's posting specifically, oops, kinda because i think the memery is the most pervasive thing and not much else from her jumped out at me. but i think i gut townread her too for similar reasons to cats (general tone, and her comments about mech and speculating about The Diss Track role)

also agree that mist is kind of a ? atm but eh. i don't really have a great grasp of mist's meta either seeing as tvt was uh, weird, and that i inadvertently scumread their towngame in cats >:

@kokorico i'm curious what you think of ysabel at this point, especially wrt her voting idea!

mewtini:
mewtini!

townreading because they sound cute:
sande, blu, julia

vibing:
skylar, trebek, keldeo, ysabel, koko

???:
mist, jolt, mp7, ultracool

Back
Top Bottom