• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

(don't townread MP7 for tone, don't townread MP7 for tone, don't townread MP7 for tone)
Hey @Keldeo, want to realtime? What do you think of mewtini?
Sure! I have a pretty strong townread on her that I talked about in the fourth paragraph in my #368, and I'm probably confirmation biasing a little bit but it just seems like she has... layers of thinking going on when she talks about things? (e.g. #397 on this page) What makes you say Blu is town?

(don't townread MP7 for tone, don't townread MP7 for tone, don't townread MP7 for tone)
Hey @Keldeo, want to realtime? What do you think of mewtini?
Sure! I have a pretty strong townread on her that I talked about in the fourth paragraph in my #368, and I'm probably confirmation biasing a little bit but it just seems like she has... layers of thinking going on when she talks about things? (e.g. #397 on this page) What makes you say Blu is town?
The feeling is mutual, friend.

Fantastic, I'll try to independently come to my own conclusion then and talk to you thereafter, thanks for the link.

Basically stream of consciousness posting in the entrance and subsequent posts that in a body of work sense doesn't seem manufactured to me. I'll ISO later to see what I think in greater depth... when I get around to it, anyway.

What I mean is that Trebek said it'd be interesting to look at, without committing to what "interesting" would mean or what exactly he'd be looking at... it's inconclusive in the sense that it like, means he could basically say whatever later on about reactions to the wagons.
yeah, that's fair. i kind of think that, given the other [redacted] remark he made, he was just avoiding giving wolves information on what he was waiting for though

will answer your ysabel question in a bit, trying to iso her for it.

Trebek's posting is incredibly awkward.
fwiw i see where this is coming from and i'm maybe biased because i talk to him every day, haha, but ... i am pretty sure i don't vote him today and i'd way sooner vote out superjolt because i think his reads were not the deepest/felt more manufactured than some of the comments trebek made, esp given that the latter has repeatedly talked about preferring mech to tonereading

What I mean is that Trebek said it'd be interesting to look at, without committing to what "interesting" would mean or what exactly he'd be looking at... it's inconclusive in the sense that it like, means he could basically say whatever later on about reactions to the wagons.
yeah, that's fair. i kind of think that, given the other [redacted] remark he made, he was just avoiding giving wolves information on what he was waiting for though

will answer your ysabel question in a bit, trying to iso her for it.

Trebek's posting is incredibly awkward.
fwiw i see where this is coming from and i'm maybe biased because i talk to him every day, haha, but ... i am pretty sure i don't vote him today and i'd way sooner vote out superjolt because i think his reads were not the deepest/felt more manufactured than some of the comments trebek made, esp given that the latter has repeatedly talked about preferring mech to tonereading
I'll consider this, thanks. It's entirely possible my reads will look different once I read more than... 1/4 --> 1/3 of the game, lmao.

yeah i was just thinking that she sounds the same as she did in cats where i early-TRed her. and now i'm scared >:

Hi, I'm here!

As for the popularity scale, we can choose one or two people to vote for everyone and choose different people each day. That way we minimize the risk of too many snoms losing popularity at once.

Someone should talk to me about this entrance post.

mewtini, what makes the meme-ness of Skylar's play here to you similar to her town game in Cats and different from her mafia game in TVTropes? Or can you go a bit more in depth about your read on her in general?

Oh, and also about mewtini, she feels more fluid and swayed by what other people think than I might expect from a mafia with stiff, agendaed reads...? See her thoughts on koko and Julia changing with my and Skylar's reads there.

The caveat here is that these were both townreads becoming non-townreads, which would have an obvious agenda, and there are probably enough viable town targets today that it's not a big deal for mafia to be fluid.

Snooloo snoozes. Snzzz...

--

I think the rock is just a harmless rock that Emmy added in as flavor, haha.

Personally, I feel like we probably don't lose much by executing and voting as normal. I'm sure the popularity mechanic was balanced with the possibility of normal wagons and misvotes in mind, and I feel like consensus wagons usually kill town, but of course it depends. I do not think we should abstain - the numbers are pretty tight assuming there are 3 mafia, so I think we should take every chance we can get.

I think Blu feels pretty similar to how he was in early Cats mafia, where he was town.

@Ysabel, just to make sure I'm understanding correctly - do you mean like we "elect" someone and have an unspoken agreement for no one to vote besides that person? Have you got any ideas for who that person would be right now? :O
- Also, sorry, but can you tell me more about your experience playing or watching mafia?

@Superjolt, how's life? :D

@sanderidge, what do you like about Ysabel's voting idea?

@Bluwiikoon, how do you feel about playing as the mafia alignment?

Keldeo, why did you ask me about Blu if you had a similar read here?

Keldeo, why did you ask me about Blu if you had a similar read here?
I wanted to know your reasoning specifically. A little confused by this question, so let me know if this isn't a satisfactory answer.

That it is similar to mine and that you stated the read so firmly off the bat ~bolster my confidence in my own read. Probably regardless of your alignment, though there are already elements of this catchup that I'm very tempted to townread lol.

Back
Top Bottom