• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

Keldeo, why did you ask me about Blu if you had a similar read here?
I wanted to know your reasoning specifically. A little confused by this question, so let me know if this isn't a satisfactory answer.

That it is similar to mine and that you stated the read so firmly off the bat ~bolster my confidence in my own read. Probably regardless of your alignment, though there are already elements of this catchup that I'm very tempted to townread lol.

What are they?

What do you think of Trebek, kyeugh? I've noticed you liking a few semi-suspicious posts iirc.
i’m not sure what i think, but mp7 seems relatively sure what she thinks, and i’m interested in it. i prefer this wagon over superjolt’s at first glance.

i think i’m going to find trebek a hard read in general. i scumread him very strongly last game and it was not all due to my mechanical situation. i will say that i’ve just skimmed his iso and it doesn’t seem particularly awkward to me—or, well, it doesn’t feel significantly different from his cats play anyway, which i did think was somewhat awkward and that fed my ultimately erroneous read on him. so i guess i’m just interested in hearing mp7’s case here. i distrust my own ability to evaluate him.

I think I'll have a look at trebek's iso because for some reason I have very town feelings about them? ^^; Should probably take insulin though, LOL (don't read forums while eating, pals!)

What do you think of Trebek, kyeugh? I've noticed you liking a few semi-suspicious posts iirc.
i’m not sure what i think, but mp7 seems relatively sure what she thinks, and i’m interested in it. i prefer this wagon over superjolt’s at first glance.

i think i’m going to find trebek a hard read in general. i scumread him very strongly last game and it was not all due to my mechanical situation. i will say that i’ve just skimmed his iso and it doesn’t seem particularly awkward to me—or, well, it doesn’t feel significantly different from his cats play anyway, which i did think was somewhat awkward and that fed my ultimately erroneous read on him. so i guess i’m just interested in hearing mp7’s case here. i distrust my own ability to evaluate him.

My current read is very much a burning gut read. We'll see how I feel about it once I'm caught up.

Can you talk to me more about what confuses you about Ysabel, mewtini? I feel like she seems genuine enough, but I think I get what you mean about her tone.
the reason that i'm sort of confused about her is that i think i am also reading her as being sincere, but i'm kind of like ... i guess i'm just not following her all that well. for example:
the other issue i have with representatives is that it seems easy for mafia to weasel themselves into the process, maybe even electing a member of their own as the rep?
I don't disagree, but can you expand on this please? Why is that bad?
Also, we can have different representatives on different days.
i don't really see the point of this question? reading through it in realtime i thought it was kind of obvious that trebek's concern was that the proposed system would be more easily swayed by mafia somehow (even if, imo, it probably doesn't actually matter who the rep is)

but on the other hand i like her questioning here:
i feel like a scumchat might let one of their own into the thread to go "hey uh how do you play mafia", especially since it feels like to me that a lot of people in this game are reading blu as town for tone reasons, so i'm not really feeling that not knowing stuff is clearing julia.
Can you expand on this, please? And how do reads on Blu relate to reads on Julia?
and i think it is likely that i'm just thrown off by tone, because i'm reading it as sort of stilted (and looking back i also think i read the "koko/keldeo, what is the point of these questions?" thing way more combatively than it was actually written)

I wanted to know your reasoning specifically. A little confused by this question, so let me know if this isn't a satisfactory answer.

That it is similar to mine and that you stated the read so firmly off the bat ~bolster my confidence in my own read. Probably regardless of your alignment, though there are already elements of this catchup that I'm very tempted to townread lol.

What are they?
Your openness/willingness to give reads, how your reads on Blu / Trebek developed as you read. I'm not gonna disrespect your game and say you couldn't replicate those things as mafia, but what stuck in my memory about your EODs in Cats was that you hedged on things / left options open for yourself a bit more.

in re: ysabel i think it's possible that, as i said before, i'm just skeptical of the semi-detached-interrogator playing style (which is why i brought up having side-eyed keldeo for it when i was first seeing him in tvtropes)

What are they?
Your openness/willingness to give reads, how your reads on Blu / Trebek developed as you read. I'm not gonna disrespect your game and say you couldn't replicate those things as mafia, but what stuck in my memory about your EODs in Cats was that you hedged on things / left options open for yourself a bit more.
Fair enough, we can always talk more about this later. I'm satisfied for now.

What I mean is that Trebek said it'd be interesting to look at, without committing to what "interesting" would mean or what exactly he'd be

@Trebek

Elaborate on this ASAP and tag me in this response. I need you to tell me more about the underlined assuming you haven't already elsewhere in the thread. What information are you hoping to glean specifically?
[/QUOTE]

@M Plus 7

Frankly, the reason i didnt elaborate when i origionally posted was that i didn't (and still don't to an extent) know exactly what i was going to look for when it happened. I find that if i go into something with a notion of what im expecting to glean, i am able to confbias myself way too easily. However, i had a gut feeling that it would have been interesting, and i didn't want to withold that gut feeling from chat on grounds of not knowing how it would manifest, if that makes sense?

Do you have any more behavioral reads beyond your Ysabel one, Trebek?

Also, can you talk a little about how you're planning to play/approach this game given your experience in Cats? If this question doesn't make sense to you, you can ignore it.

i don't really see the point of this question? reading through it in realtime i thought it was kind of obvious that trebek's concern was that the proposed system would be more easily swayed by mafia somehow (even if, imo, it probably doesn't actually matter who the rep is)
i think i get what she meant here. it’s true that the mafia could influence the representative system, but why does that mean we shouldn’t do it? that point by itself isn’t really a sufficient argument to shoot the idea down, because it applies to regular voting too. i think she wanted him to expand on that, which seemed fair to me.

Back
Top Bottom