• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

I'm not sure why... but my brain thinks that koko's posts about Blu and Keldeo each read like potential TMI enough to consider them vote-worthy.

But as I continued catching up beyond that, my gut liked them more, especially in posts #288 onward. Upon re-examination, this feeling still stands. There's something that reads genuine about it... like, small sample size warning and also I probably should not rely on my own pre-conceived notions of Cats because of my time restrictions, but something about the body of work reads less agenda-y than it did in Cats. I can't put my finger on why though.

I'm not sure why... but my brain thinks that koko's posts about Blu and Keldeo each read like potential TMI enough to consider them vote-worthy.

But as I continued catching up beyond that, my gut liked them more, especially in posts #288 onward. Upon re-examination, this feeling still stands. There's something that reads genuine about it... like, small sample size warning and also I probably should not rely on my own pre-conceived notions of Cats because of my time restrictions, but something about the body of work reads less agenda-y than it did in Cats. I can't put my finger on why though.
Let me see if I can dig further and find something in those posts specifically that I can better explain.

my brain thinks that koko's posts about Blu and Keldeo each read like potential TMI enough to consider them vote-worthy
i think i am kind of mindmelding with this post
i suck at reading koko in general tbh but i'm on a high from correctly tonereading them in cats (where i continuously felt e was scummy), so i'll just nullvibe here for a bit until further notice since i do feel different about em somehow

What do you think of Trebek?
so i'm kind of like ... wrestling with a lot of things about him, like

- i agree that his posting could seem tonally awkward, but i think it's not far off from his natural speech patterns. (but then it's maybe confbias because i know him and want him to be town, but then, ... etc). in particular his entrance post, that you pointed out as stilted, is a pretty run of the mill joke from him ime
- i've been doing a lot of metareading but that doesn't really work for him, since he barely posted d1 of cats (his first forum mafia game) because he's more comfortable with mechspec
- i think he sounded earnest enough in like, 495, and also i kind of liked that he asked why you thought his posting sounded stilted though that is probably NAI

i still don't really want to vote him today tbh because i think either way i want to see him talk mechanics before deciding anything

This is absolutely helpful, thank you.

Eh, shrug, I suppose koko can be in the maybe consider yeeting today pile but probably can solve them later so ???

I'll try it again tomorrow.

What makes you think Keldeo and mewtini are within wolf range?

Can you elaborate on what was strange about Blu's ISO?
for keldeo, i guess mostly he looked at least this good d1 in cats, right? and there was way more posting there. i’m not really comparing his behavior on a specific qualitative level here, but just broadly i don’t think he’s really done enough to push the needle on my read yet. this all could easily be coming from w!keldeo so far.

as for mewt, i have no idea what her wolf game looks like so i’m kind of just paranoid. obviously that’s not really evidence but i also don’t want to put her in my town pile based on this fairly noncommittal posting when i believe she‘s good enough to be posting all this as a wolf. i think if i decide i’m townreading her, i’ll probably never change my mind, so i’m trying to stay wary.

to be clear when i referred to blu’s iso i meant his iso on trebek. i guess i just felt a little odd about an iso that serially attributes praise/good vibes to each post. i can’t really make heads or tails of my feelings about it.

to be clear when i referred to blu’s iso i meant his iso on trebek. i guess i just felt a little odd about an iso that serially attributes praise/good vibes to each post. i can’t really make heads or tails of my feelings about it.
i personally don't think it makes sense for it to be a w/w interaction if you were being serious about that earlier

/ i think the attributing praise post-by-post is a very classic blu move, heh

d1 MP7 vibes-based reads

Never yeet today

Keldeo -- I see no cause for concern, but he's Keldeo... but also screw tinfoil and I believe I can confidently figure him out by d3
mewtini -- Reminds me of Cats mew, seems genuinely solvey enough, she's fine

Almost never yeet today
Blu -- Tone is absolutely impeccable, gut loved entrance post and subsequent stream, mindmeld with Keldeo, need to pressure for more reads but OK for now

Probably do not yeet today
sande -- Tone is good, content is ~fine, needs some pressure at some point and I would like to interact with, but riding with this for now

Ughhh maybe 1 wolf here but I'm not sure I want to yeet?
koko -- conflicted feelings, reads of Blu and Keldeo read like TMI, but gut likes recent posting, probably can solve with more data
Trebek -- conflicted feelings, gut very much disliked at first, but eased after time and interactions, also considering mew's thoughts here

Upper POE - could yeet today but not enthusiastically
kyeugh -- hard to discern given lack of reads, need more data, taking Keldeo's point re: agenda into consideration
Mist -- eh, no reason to townread at all really, but probably can clear with more time

Ysabel -- certain reads seem forced, need to interact with for more data
Julia -- new player, not ideal for d1 yeet, but *shrug*

POE - totally okay with yeet today
Ultracool -- effectively null slot, objectively a good play
Superjolt -- major contrast to posts that I saw in Cats, lacking substance, agree with Keldeo thoughts

Consequently, I want to add pressure here.

Superjolt

how come?
i mean, he hasn't really been doing isoing or anything up until now so i guess maybe that's the 'weird' part but. given his general good vibes attitude inthread and habits of like, kind of lavishing praise on the players he likes, i think it makes sense he'd do the iso-thing to someone he was townreading once he got to the comfort level of trying to do post analysis beyond 'general vibes.' i think the progression just makes sense to me wrt his personality

@M Plus 7 questions for when you get back

Am I in your top tier because you're actively townreading me or because you just don't want to kill me today? If the former, can you talk
a bit about why? I kind of expected you to be more paranoid of me.

Which of Ysabel's reads seem forced to you?

Can you clarify what you mean when you say koko seemed to be TMIing Blu, since you're townreading Blu but e had a scumread / batted down townreads on Blu?

vote Mr. Ultracool I guess

Superjolt hedges in most of his takes in #369 (mewtini and Ysabel are the only ones without some sort of qualifier). I kind of think this is a him thing regardless of his alignment, he wasn't able to say much more confidently after a bit more posting in early Cats... I appreciate him giving the thoughts at least and want to unvote because let's give him another day here.

i'm actually going to go to sleep now, lol. not sure if i'll be back before EoD because i have stuff from like, 12 until 3pm/EoD and it's like 4am so who knows if i'll get up significantly earlier tbh. so i'll vibe on superjolt (still irked by his reads before and the tonal difference between those and the catsposting) and hopefully make it back in time for everything

Superjolt hedges in most of his takes in #369 (mewtini and Ysabel are the only ones without some sort of qualifier). I kind of think this is a him thing regardless of his alignment, he wasn't able to say much more confidently after a bit more posting in early Cats... I appreciate him giving the thoughts at least and want to unvote because let's give him another day here.
That posted early. The let's give him another day here is like... I voted him for a reason, yeah, but I feel bad because he seemed to have had time issues today and I feel like maybe I could get there with another day? I dunno.

how come?
i mean, he hasn't really been doing isoing or anything up until now so i guess maybe that's the 'weird' part but. given his general good vibes attitude inthread and habits of like, kind of lavishing praise on the players he likes, i think it makes sense he'd do the iso-thing to someone he was townreading once he got to the comfort level of trying to do post analysis beyond 'general vibes.' i think the progression just makes sense to me wrt his personality
i would agree that he’s nice to players, but i don’t think it applies to his reads or iso. my impression of him last game was that he was actually pretty waffly on all of his reads, even his one for keldeo who he basically knew had to be scum 100%. going off that, i would’ve expected more variety in reaction from his iso. that’s not to say it was scummy but it does strike me as a bit off character.

i don’t think it applies to his reads or iso. my impression of him last game was that he was actually pretty waffly on all of his reads, even his one for keldeo who he basically knew had to be scum 100%
i forgot about the keldeo thing tbh, that's a fair point

then again i'm not reading the trebek iso as super committal either - not in the way that he is with the "if___ is scum, 🤯" comments. maybe i am biased because i agreed with him on a fair amount of it though.

Back
Top Bottom