• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

I think the idea that you're town for being dissed is fine, but I don't have a strong feeling based on your posts.
i forget if i’ve said this already but i kind of disagree with this. while the diss role could be mafia for sure, i don’t think it’s right to assume that it’s PROBABLY mafia to the point that we’re building reads on other people from it. i’m all for getting townleaned but i don’t want it to be built on pillars of sand and that’s how i kind of feel when a bunch of people’s reads are informed by it.

it sounds like most of you guys are in agreement about keldeo/mewtini/mp7/blu? hmm. maybe i’ll reread the thread tomorrow… if you guys all see it, maybe i’m missing something.

I would advise against this... I actively welcome reads dissent discussions. Please let me know if you disagree on any of my reads for sure!

I actually feel pretty good about townreading mewtini, MP7 (for now tm), and Blu

i think this is about where i am at with my limited vibes. i may be a little confbiased about mewt bc i just want her to be town lol, but i do really like the vibes im getting from her, as well as Blu. I also really like MP7's reads on my posts
Could you expand a little more on these? What do you mean with the MP7 read in particular?
so actually, after thinking about it a bit more, i realized that my origional reasoning for townleaning MP7 is actually NAI: i think i am just subconsciously associating "good logical processes" with "towny play"

with that in mind, i still have good vibes about her, theyre just much less describable than i origonally thought.

idrk what my townreads are atm to be honest, but i'll remark that i don't think mp7 sounds strictly different from how she did in cats - even though in a vacuum i definitely call her tone/analysis towny, i think the main difference is just the amount of time she's been here, right?

MP, I've vaguely thought about the idea that the game is literally not solvable today and so I should take it easy because of the number of players who've made very few content posts for irl or other reasons, hehe.

I actually think the most consensus townread, speaking generally and not just of the people who are in the thread right now, is mewtini, is that right?

I think the idea that you're town for being dissed is fine, but I don't have a strong feeling based on your posts.
i forget if i’ve said this already but i kind of disagree with this. while the diss role could be mafia for sure, i don’t think it’s right to assume that it’s PROBABLY mafia to the point that we’re building reads on other people from it. i’m all for getting townleaned but i don’t want it to be built on pillars of sand and that’s how i kind of feel when a bunch of people’s reads are informed by it.

it sounds like most of you guys are in agreement about keldeo/mewtini/mp7/blu? hmm. maybe i’ll reread the thread tomorrow… if you guys all see it, maybe i’m missing something.
That's fair. You repeatedly speaking against it for these mechanical considerations might be +town points anyway heh.

(I say this as someone who pushes back on townreads of me for incorrect reasons to get cred as either alignment (thus Ysabel's townread on me for pushing back against koko's townread of me is for incorrect reasons!))

I actually feel pretty good about townreading mewtini, MP7 (for now tm), and Blu

i think this is about where i am at with my limited vibes. i may be a little confbiased about mewt bc i just want her to be town lol, but i do really like the vibes im getting from her, as well as Blu. I also really like MP7's reads on my posts
Could you expand a little more on these? What do you mean with the MP7 read in particular?
so actually, after thinking about it a bit more, i realized that my origional reasoning for townleaning MP7 is actually NAI: i think i am just subconsciously associating "good logical processes" with "towny play"

with that in mind, i still have good vibes about her, theyre just much less describable than i origonally thought.

What specifically made you realize this?

MP, I've vaguely thought about the idea that the game is literally not solvable today and so I should take it easy because of the number of players who've made very few content posts for irl or other reasons, hehe.
But... yeah, okay, you're probably right, but I feel too turbulent about my reads right now for comfort.

I would advise against this... I actively welcome reads dissent discussions. Please let me know if you disagree on any of my reads for sure!
it’s not really that i actually disagree so much as that nothing is really standing out to me in either direction so far? everything just feels grey. i don’t feel like i know you well enough to have a read yet, keldeo/mewt both feel to me like they could still be within their wolf ranges, and blu is sitting firmly at null for me—i definitely think he could be a good actor, and his iso was a little strange to me. but none of this actually approaches a scumlean, it’s just holding me back from a townlean either. ambivalence is in da house tonight, everybody just have a good time

it’s not really that i actually disagree so much as that nothing is really standing out to me in either direction so far? everything just feels grey. i don’t feel like i know you well enough to have a read yet, keldeo/mewt both feel to me like they could still be within their wolf ranges, and blu is sitting firmly at null for me—i definitely think he could be a good actor, and his iso was a little strange to me. but none of this actually approaches a scumlean, it’s just holding me back from a townlean either. ambivalence is in da house tonight, everybody just have a good time

What makes you think Keldeo and mewtini are within wolf range?

Can you elaborate on what was strange about Blu's ISO?

Actually, I may give up and do a reads list with a fresh perspective in the morning, sigh. But I don't want to! I'll at least do the koko thing.

idrk what my townreads are atm to be honest, but i'll remark that i don't think mp7 sounds strictly different from how she did in cats - even though in a vacuum i definitely call her tone/analysis towny, i think the main difference is just the amount of time she's been here, right?
These are probably fair but also, hmm... I guess I'm magnifying my own confidence / disregarding things, because if I start to let myself talk myself out of those reads, I don't really have anything confident either, hehe.

What was strange about Blu's ISO, kyeugh?

These are probably fair but also, hmm... I guess I'm magnifying my own confidence / disregarding things, because if I start to let myself talk myself out of those reads, I don't really have anything confident either, hehe.

What was strange about Blu's ISO, kyeugh?

Look at that.

What do you think of Trebek?
so i'm kind of like ... wrestling with a lot of things about him, like

- i agree that his posting could seem tonally awkward, but i think it's not far off from his natural speech patterns. (but then it's maybe confbias because i know him and want him to be town, but then, ... etc). in particular his entrance post, that you pointed out as stilted, is a pretty run of the mill joke from him ime
- i've been doing a lot of metareading but that doesn't really work for him, since he barely posted d1 of cats (his first forum mafia game) because he's more comfortable with mechspec
- i think he sounded earnest enough in like, 495, and also i kind of liked that he asked why you thought his posting sounded stilted though that is probably NAI

i still don't really want to vote him today tbh because i think either way i want to see him talk mechanics before deciding anything

What specifically made you realize this?

not a specific thing that made me realize, more just a general "trebek makes posts before thinking them through all the way bc otherwise he never posts and thats worse"

What do you think of Trebek?
so i'm kind of like ... wrestling with a lot of things about him, like

- i agree that his posting could seem tonally awkward, but i think it's not far off from his natural speech patterns. (but then it's maybe confbias because i know him and want him to be town, but then, ... etc). in particular his entrance post, that you pointed out as stilted, is a pretty run of the mill joke from him ime
- i've been doing a lot of metareading but that doesn't really work for him, since he barely posted d1 of cats (his first forum mafia game) because he's more comfortable with mechspec
- i think he sounded earnest enough in like, 495, and also i kind of liked that he asked why you thought his posting sounded stilted though that is probably NAI

i still don't really want to vote him today tbh because i think either way i want to see him talk mechanics before deciding anything
also the "he overthinks his posts" thing was exactly what made me worried about him in cats but he ended up being town so. i think he might just be self-conscious in that way as either alignment maybe, is my guess

Back
Top Bottom