• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

What is so wolfy about me? Should I claim more than being the Wheel of Fortune and giving out free items to whoever visits me like a friendly neighbourhood PEZ- Dispenser?
Eek! Big side-eye at this, given that you also fakeclaimed an obscure convoluted role relating to an items mechanic in Cats (2019). Tbqh, if it were later in the Day, I would immediately vote for you just based on that. And I definitely think anyone with a nonlethal town PR would be foolish to target you toNight.

mewt, your postcount is fine! When M&F said they got a lot of notifications from you I think they were talking about reactions. At least that's where all my notifications from you came, haha. It's actually more helpful than not because it gives me a vague idea of how you're thinking.

In the interests of transparency, I received a message from the GM last night:
bread
milk
eggs
baking soda
cilantro
trash bags
hummus
I think he's just making fun of me for temporarily dumping my preliminary notes in my role PM, but I can never be quite sure in a game deliberately advertised as containing shenanigans. So if that means anything to anyone else then, well, there you go.

I share Jack's concerns about the uncharacteristically low postcount from Keldeo and kyeugh. I don't know how comfortable I am reading anything more into it than "they haven't really had time to get into the game yet", but it's on my radar.

re: askance glances at my mech-spec: I have already admitted overreliance on mech-spec is part of my normal play dating back to the old tcodf meta, and I'm trying (and uh, often failing, it seems) to change that now that I'm finally in a game where I've lived through N0
This makes sense, sorry to have drawn undue attention to it! Looking forward to finally playing with you :)

In the interests of transparency, I received a message from the GM last night:
bread
milk
eggs
baking soda
cilantro
trash bags
hummus
I think he's just making fun of me for temporarily dumping my preliminary notes in my role PM, but I can never be quite sure in a game deliberately advertised as containing shenanigans. So if that means anything to anyone else then, well, there you go.
mate that was a joke

That wording was pretty poor, sorry. By ability I meant role, riffing off that joke claim VM made in TVTropes.

Please enjoy a friend:

tenor.gif
Keldeo has won. Role PMs and actions will be posted soon.

god thats a good fucking friend

nothingburger
i love this word so very much

re: ppl asking me about my jack side-eye, it was p much post 48 and 77 that i was ehh at, one of my favorite things to do as scum is to mechspec with no real conclusion (or sometimes real conclusions but not super relevant necessarily to wolfhunting) so that just gave me pause, and i wanted to think it out out loud. im ok with jack now though, he can vibe
@Herbe, what do you think of Jack's reads list?
i want to say i love the mf read but i just love mf in general so my townread on her might be biased
(i have to keep in mind that i also have eternal town!mewtini bias so i have to actively work against that to look at her)
idk i think jack made some fair assumptions and nothing really stands out to me that i disagree Especially with, i guess if i made a list to organize my thoughts id figure out better where i disagree or not

For Keldeo:
In addition to the interactions with Mist who I think is rather unlikely to be ingroup, M&F just seems way more relaxed here, as opposed to TvT where they were occasionally spitting wallposts full of content and trope links and stuff

And I definitely think anyone with a nonlethal town PR would be foolish to target you toNight.
Why? My roles only power is to give out items that allow one-time uses of several useful, traditional PR-Powers like investigating someones alignment, nightkilling somebody, healing somebody at night or doubling your vote!

Why? My roles only power is to give out items that allow one-time uses of several useful, traditional PR-Powers like investigating someones alignment, nightkilling somebody, healing somebody at night or doubling your vote!
Do I get one if I delete you from the timespace continuum

doubling your vote? that seems really powerful, is that a legit kind of ability/item in mafia usually?

No, you have to message the GM prior to doubling your vote. Also, I'm pretty sure it can't be blocked y blocking me, as it's triggered by another role visiting me...

@Butterfree, what made you want to point out Jack's post about the scumteam numbers as something that people on MU might want to scumread / can you elaborate on how that line of thought emerged? I guess I personally don't take any issue with it, and I thought kokorico was the one who pointed it out originally. Maybe I'm just missing something?
Somewhere on MU, either in my champions game or in one of the games I read in preparation for the champions game, I remember people (or at least one person, by multiple people) getting jumped on for posting this kind of mechanics speculation, on the basis that that's just a really easy thing for mafia to post to seem to be contributing without having to manufacture plausible reads or 'real' solving. The post made me think of that immediately when I first read it, before anyone else remarked on it. But, as I said, I don't think that it's actually alignment-indicative.

so from what i gather, mist and mr ultracool are in the hotseat at the moment (i guess its not even really that hot though because no ones really trying to push a lynch train on either of them, we're just discussing... so, lukewarm-seat, i suppose?). as a perpetrator of thread-lurkery myself, mr ultracool doesnt seem too off to me; what hes said seems kind of in line with what id expect someone who normally lurks attempting to contribute more, based off my own experiences. im not too sure what to make of mist though; i guess of all the things he couldve revealed, revealing that theres a third party isnt that bad, because its pretty vague, and honestly a bit expected, given the nature of tcod games. but still, to shoehorn that into a joke is sus as hell, especially one made on the second page of posts. i guess its useful info to have, but at this early stage in the game, i dont see how knowledge of that would really help or hurt town, so it just seems a bit unnecessary

@Keldeo my “head empty” is just that so far i’ve only been able to put like 5% of the time into this game that i normally do and i feel weirdly lost having to catch up on even 10 pages, i’ll fix that when i get to deepread later today; i only managed to skim so far because i didn’t want to go too long without saying anything!

in re: MF it is kind of flimsy and the townlean from me is largely “she seems different from the game where she was mafia,” but i remember her being pretty unwilling to talk about the actual game, beyond echoing others’ thoughts and making, like, long joke/trope posts that didn’t do very much in terms of content contribution

another thing with MF that might just be resultant of busyness level is that she pretty much never engaged in realtime conversation in tvt, lmao

Back
Top Bottom