• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

I am the fool, yeah.

I’m like :? at mewtini’s claim contradicting Seshas’s ahah.

I think we should be trying to consolidate votes on someone so that mafia aren't able to force the yeet onto someone else in the worst case. So I'll vote IndigoEmmy.
IIRC you've said before you like having multiple wagons. Why do you now want a consolidated single wagon? And if we're indeed at the worst case and it's LyLo, why should we trust you to be the one to try to get the wagon rolling?

(50% I'm trying to KeldeoPress(TM) here and 50% I feel out of my depth and inexperienced and want clarity for my own understanding)
If this is LYLO, getting everyone onto one of two wagons is technically mechanically correct - in the worst case of every mafia being willing and able to switch votes onto the same townie at EOD, every town needs to vote the same mafia for the game to continue. I talked about the latter possibility / why town splitting wagons at LYLO is bad in Cats scum chat. I think trying to get actually everyone to vote right now is a fool’s errand, though.

If the second question is “why townread me,” I think the most compelling thing is I don’t think I’d vote Trebek when I did and in the way I did if he was my partner.

It is possible that I am helping lead everyone off a cliff with this vote, which at least would match my flavor! :wowee:

It is possible that I am helping lead everyone off a cliff with this vote, which at least would match my flavor! :wowee:
keldeooooooooo don't do this to me

but I understand your reasoning, I will tentatively join you on IndigoEmmy pending when/whether she roleclaims

keldeooooooooo don't do this to me

but I understand your reasoning, I will tentatively join you on IndigoEmmy pending when/whether she roleclaims
Oh, that isn’t an “openwolf” joke haha, I just would feel quite bad and unsurprised if Emmy flipped town.

Did you consider saving Trebek with your role yesterday?

No, I was really just not getting any useful reads off him one way or the other at all (which I mentioned a couple of times at that time and earlier toDay), so I didn't want to use my one shot on that. I was hoping to save it for a situation where I was solidly townreading the yeetee.

you think mist’s claim is NAI?
I think oracle is an easy claim to lie and claim to have when you actually don't. iirc Mist hasn't claimed any oracle answers that were later proved to be true
So like you think they could’ve been planning to fake claim oracle from the very start of day 1? I guess that’s possible but it seems a little farfetched to me I guess.

hrgh
still not around really but thought harder and now i’m like. fearful that this is essentially just an inactive lynch/likely on town, unvote for now (decision pending EoD stuff)

hrgh
still not around really but thought harder and now i’m like. fearful that this is essentially just an inactive lynch/likely on town, unvote for now (decision pending EoD stuff)
What are your reads looking like, do you have any better ideas?

hrgh
What are your reads looking like, do you have any better ideas?
i’m basically at mist/butterfree/mf/stryke? town right now. i don’t have any better ideas but am going to sit back and watch whether or not the emmy wagon simply barrels forward tbh

i don’t really hate an emmy lynch but the sort of complicit consensus about it so far makes me uneasy, and if i don’t know if i’ll be around for EoD i don’t know if i want to be extra weight on that wagon

1 hour remains in the day phase.

Vote Totals:
IndigoEmmy (4) (Mist1422, Keldeo, M&F, JackPK)
(abstain) (1) (Mr. Ultracool)

kyeugh votes Herbe (#462)
M&F votes mewtini (#464)
RedneckPhoenix votes Stryke (#469)
Stryke votes RedneckPhoenix (#495)
Mr. Ultracool votes RedneckPhoenix (#507)
RedneckPhoenix votes for Herbe (#552)
Stryke unvotes (#558)
Mist1422 votes IndigoEmmy (#584)
Herbe votes Stryke (#607)
kyeugh votes RedneckPhoenix (#629)
M&F votes RedneckPhoenix (#634)
JackPK votes RedneckPhoenix (#683)
Mr. Ultracool votes abstain (#710)
M&F votes Butterfree (#749)
Butterfree votes M&F (#769)
Butterfree unvotes (#770)
Keldeo votes IndigoEmmy (#798)
M&F votes IndigoEmmy (#801)

mewtini votes IndigoEmmy (#822)
JackPK votes IndigoEmmy (#826)
mewtini unvotes (#830)

maybe also a ? on butterfree in that list actually
Could you expand on why for Butterfree and Stryke?
butterfree because idk how to read the claim situation with jack, stryke because although i really liked his defenses against being w/w with rnp i guess it’s fakeable and also sounds loosely different than his normal posting. but it’s a decent townlean

Mist, what inspired you to ask the questions that you did when you did?
n0 was because of the ultracool flip situation in cats
n1 was because I wanted to know exactly how close to loss we were

Sorry, mewtini, I mean what reason do you have to TR Butterfree at all / over Jack, based on their posting since you're confused about the claims, not why the ? is there.

Also, it's been ~7 hours since the IndigoEmmy wagon got 2 votes and there have only been a handful of people in thread. So like if she's town, the mafia are not going to stop the wagon because they obviously wouldn't want to. But also if she is mafia, I have a hard time seeing the mafia being able to stop the wagon because no one is around.

Back
Top Bottom