• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

Good game! lol town kinda self-destructed..
On the topic of books, I read His Dark Materials but would have prefered a sequel than a prequel..

yeah i think that the ebook industry still has much to evolve. particularly i think that the model of drm that is currently in use isn’t ideal for anyone and while the big vendors stick to sublicensing for personal use as a business model it won’t be too big of a hit. i think amazon is on the right track with prime books though – it was only when streaming took off that movie/music piracy started decreasing significantly, and currently ebook piracy is the only one with a rising trend from what i’ve last heard

because of covid, ebooks and ereaders are seeing a rise in sales but we have no idea how long that will last after the pandemic tbh

tbh this is a bit of a spicy take, but every time a new medium appears there is a large backlash against it. it happened with parchment vs papyrus, then again with paper vs parchment and finally, to a much lesser extent, with wood-based paper vs cloth-based paper. what we’re seeing now is very likely to be the very beginning of a transition from paper to electronics. i am not saying that the physical book will disappear – it won’t, but by the end of the century it will have become something solemn and ~special~, much like the vinyl records are nowadays in terms of music. this is my take on the subject considering the history of the printed word.

mmm, you make some good points. definitely you could draw parallels to the music industry, where drm also used to be a problem (and now music is mostly drm-free) and streaming rather than buying outright is now the norm because of things like spotify. movies/TV kind of fall into the same category too, I think. on the other hand, video games seem to have stalled along the same path? the physical -> digital transition is taking off, but every game subscription/streaming service I know of has kinda flopped (stadia being the most obvious recent example)

I don't really know where I'm going with this, just rambling tbqh

also, yeah, feel you with getting out of a course you don't like to something bizarre! ask me sometime how a CS major ends up doing geology

now that this is over, I'm realising I massively misunderstood the point of hydras, and I still think I don't quite get it

I thought the idea was to disguise who was doing the posting, like keldeif was apparently doing, so that it's harder to read tone / analyse meta

but that doesn't work if you sign your posts! so then why not just post in the thread with both your normal accounts

I feel like I'm missing something

ok scumchat highlights xd

omg wait

is scumteam literally just the nook family

i barely know AC but thats iconic
claim the nephews as lovers lel
*me and mawile's loversclaim in TVT enters the chat*
oh did they get those pings

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
also just realised that a joke i wrote into the pms doesnt work if yall dont share ur pm flavors
tom nook pls explain why ur business is going bankrupt 🥺
y’all 🥺 bought 😔 too many 😰 tarantulas 😡

so now 🤪 we’re going 🥳 out of business 🙂
trying to decide how ballsy i want to be this game, on a scale from “find a lame fake flavor claim VT” to “i’m tom nook and i’m a cop”
“i’m tom nook and i’m a cop”

this is already my claim
oh and block Stryke. someone's gotta do it
Eifie, we literally control the roleblock.

eta: I apologize in advance for if and when Eifie and I spam this chat having a conversation
love how our individual heads are being voted by both the other mafia rn
if only one head of a hydra gets lynched, does it grow two new ones
Operation "flood the thread with shitposting to make it impossible to read" is a go
I'm bored of spamming

glgl
I’m awake at 5 am and straight up have no clue what to post yaaaaay
yes Keldeo I need help
Nah, I'm okay with this. Trebek and Keldeo are town.
glad we didn't kill her n0 :wowee:
honestly same but also
You have TMI, don't you?
2dd.jpg
I don't want to overlook the fact that we were also kind of mindmelding in tarot, when he flipped scum
👀
Herbe, can you answer whether informational roles can be redirected, and if so whether an inforole that was redirected would receive the name of the person (e.g. "Trebek is town") or just the result (e.g. "town")? I understand if your answer is no comment.
yea no comment :/
i'm out of the loop in my own goddamn game

I have a saved draft here that says "Also" and I have no idea what I was going to say
Okay gdi we need good fake claims
ok gonna be honest

i never realized ur sig was random bc i always got the SwSh quagsire whenever i clicked on it
I swear I'm going to scumslip in tarot graveyard because I see a 1 next to the envelope and assume it's scum chat
man, if this was any more of a bastard game i would consider trying to get away with something along the lines of "i legally can't talk about my role sorry :p"
rsp n0 (because we thought it would be funny ...)
xd
do we know between VF and MP7 who was who?
nah but I don’t think they’ll contradict you
man i was so scared for a bit that koko was intentionally fakeclaiming to bait me
my original vibe was to try to pocket koko but now i have no clue what the vibe is lmao

i think its good for us tho
time to make people think I am scum with koko
man, every townie that isn’t koko is voting for em right now

what a power play tbh
me frantically refreshing for the flavorpost to see when i can change my pfp
wtf there are so many pages in here

What a learning experience, indeed! I wanted to start off by saying thanks for making this game so fun to watch and run, y'all. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

So, a very interesting turn of events almost happened night 0 - Mafia almost targeted M Plus 7, a lover who was jailed by Blu that night. If that had happened, and the mafia hadn't switched to seshas, then the lovers pair would have been saved by the bodyguard/jailor. That would have made a very different start to the game, I think - having the inspector alive past n0 certainly would have helped. (also watching y'all dunk on blu for having an unbelievable role broke my heart - i was just trying to balance it :< it's okay though)

I think, in hopes of balancing a little towards mafia since I wanted everyone to have a role that wasn't just VT, I mayyy have put a few too many negative utilities on the town. Did not consider that in worse case, mafia could hit the lovers and the risky vig could hit an inno in the same night. the same n1. So, that took me way by surprise. It was actually an amount less laughing and more pulling my fucking hair out trying to make sure my game wouldn't trainwreck (an endeavor in which I was powerless at that point) but it ended up funny in the end.

Also, both fucking roleblockers blocked RSP the first night and although it broke my heart because their Town Crier message was so funny, it was also fucking hilarious in itself.

Koko's gambit was hella interesting, if only eir reads were accurate/they lived in the world they thought they lived in, it would have been awesome.

And gg maf of course! They certainly put in the work. I was thinking (hoping?) that if one of them died, maaaaaybe the town would realise the nooks were up to no good. That, uh, didn't happen, but still fun! And I still am fond of the premise of the game as a whole.

I think things I would change in the future would be:
having some damn VTs so the game could be bigger without me trying to balance however many roles
also just having a bigger game for length/fun. (Although the hydras were a wonderful surprise! I didn't see that coming, and I felt like it really added to the unique feel of the game.)
figuring out the actual worst case scenarios and paying attention to them
did y'all like explicit character flip or should that have been different? I'm welcoming all constructive criticism!

Anyway. Thanks for making my game a reality, friends. This was a lot of fun and although I'm probably gonna take a solid break from GMing, I am eager to return (after I settle in to college of course, haha) Thank you to the lovely MF for helping me set this up! If she hadn't looked at it first.... there would have been a lot different and probably a lot more kinks to work out, haha.

Fun facts:
I had written out a Tortimer mafia rolecop unless we had 14 players
Cyrus (MP7) almost didn't get to talk until 3 hours before EoD, bc cyrus is sleepy in game
mf actually warned against the risky vig haha. maybe I should have taken her advice
also, i'd be down to do a villager choice animal crossing mafia two if anyone was interested around winterish?

if I remember anything else I'll add it on! but for now, tangy out-

Good game everyone, and thank you Herbe and MF for hosting and designing!

@Eifie is the best and deserves the world for putting up with me in hydra chat, all mistakes made by bbt's Huskeldeo were mine and she is responsible for nothing except our funny jokes. Also shoutouts to Trebek and Mist for being awesome mafia partners. 😎 🐺

I guess in terms of day play, there were some strong scumreads on town who weren't mafia that allowed us to hide? I think that led to some unfortunate situations, in for example the vote kind of being locked onto koko after a certain point on day 2, and in a different way RSP's posting toward Blu at the end of day 1. But overall I feel like this was just a pretty mechanically unlucky game for town - there was sort of a perfect storm of bad luck in us n0ing the cop and in everything that resulted in the four deaths on n1.

I feel like I'm missing something
I think many people play as hydras just to be able to hang out in hydra chat with their partners! In other games where I have seen hydras, I think a lot of people sign their posts - Eifie and I were just having fun with it. (if anyone wants to guess the "Eifie posts" made by me, be my guest, lol.)

Oh, the scumchat quote of me being out of the loop in my own game was me covering for the fact that I didn't know what the fuck y'all were talking about (the VF "cop" soft) cause it wasn't true

Back
Top Bottom