• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I grew up with this site.

Hi everyone I'm meadow. I'm on a kick of revisiting old fansites that I used to frequent in my childhood. I really missed the vibe of these types of early 2000's sites and it's super fun to revisit it. What do you miss the most from early 2000's internet culture?
Hey, welcome!

I miss the incredibly varied flora of fan websites that used to exist about basically everything. Fandom is all concentrated on social media and blogs these days, and while those have their upsides, they make information a lot harder to find, and they just don't have the sheer charm of old-school fansites built from the ground up by someone passionate in their free time! I take a lot of joy in still running a proper oldschool fansite in 2020 but I wish there were more of us.

As you said, I looooove the vibes of these fansites. They have so much charm to them and display so much love and passion from the creators. What I specifically like is that it really feels like a community here from what I've observed so far. And it's nice to know that I can step away for a few days if needed and not be too out of the loop. I'm very new here and I've never really participated in forums before so I still have trouble navigating the forums which is kinda embarrassing. But this is the first time I've ever felt like I wanted to participate which is saying something since I usually have trouble coming out of my shell. Everyone here seems super nice and it's very relaxing to read everyone's thoughts and comments.

Back
Top Bottom