• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Flora
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Okay dude. I think as a Victim Of This Specific Issue, it might be maybe helpful for you to get a little insight from someone who's sitting closer to his side of the spectrum. I don't know if any of this will help you out but i actually just faced a minor crisis regarding this exact problem so if the knowledge i gained from that little fiasco can help you out, then cool, it wasn't totally negative!

Basically: i am super totally paranoid of being replaced. Like, it literally haunts my dreams, just like it reportedly does to your boyfriend. I'm basically constantly on edge because she could just totally remove me at ANY SECOND and jesus it's so stressful. I think it comes in part with low self-esteem because JESUS CHRIST I'M STUCK A DORK WHY THE HELL IS SHE WITH ME clearly she's going to leave me any second now. That's something i struggled with for... quite a long time, a little over a year, and i told her about it frequently (just as your boyfriend seems to do), and she'd reassure me. It didn't really put me at ease that much but at least when i was feeling down about it i could go, oh, but Courtney said that she actually won't leave me because i'm not a piece of shit! I don't personally believe that but at least i know she does, so it really does calm me down when i'm feeling off. I know that simple reassurance might not seem like a lot, but i swear it goes a long way... even if it doesn't seem like it.

The thing that really stopped my worrying on this, though, is something that happened super recently. Basically, Courtney got asked out by someone else, and the only reason she didn't do it is because she was told she wasn't allowed! (Sometimes being a teenager and living with parents actually works out for me in a good way, apparently.) That was really hard on me, because after all the promising she'd done about not replacing me, she'd done and effectively done it. Sure, she wasn't able to follow through, but she would have if she'd been able, and that's what counted. So we had a good long talk, a few ugly things came out of it, but she said this: "I know it hurt you and i regret it, but i just want it to be clear that no matter what path i take, you're at the end of it." We ended with a compromise that neither of us will see anyone until we're allowed to be together again... I can't recommend that for you, as it's a bit limiting and controlling and doesn't really apply in your case, but a more tailored version might be assuring your boyfriend that no matter what happens, he's still number one! No matter what you say, he's always going to have doubts, but if he can go back to something you've said in the past that can calm him down, that's really all you can do and i promise it really does make things a ton better. Just be there for him, and remind him that you're not some floozy off the streets! You're a classy lady! You aren't just going to leave him because you've grown tired of the same old toy and want something new. As your relationship progresses, i'm sure he'll figure these things out for himself, but for the time being, a little reassurance goes a long way. Scout's honour.
    oh wow

um I'm not sure how I'll ask this girl out (I like her a lot, I don't think I really stopepd after she rejected me)
    I mean we're being much friendlier now than we've been previously, but there's still the fact that she said no. I have a female friend on good terms with her, so she can find stuff out and give me the green light, but I still have no clue how or when to do it.
    wow oh my God

honestly I remember I was so scared when I tried asking her out earlier. she smiled a bit and I was like yes but then I was like nooo

I think being direct like that was the best thing you could've done. If he's anything like me, he needed a huge signal just to go ahead with his plans. You gave him the window he needed.
    two friends of mine are going to see it because of their senior trip. I cried.

yeah, these two particular friends are girls and have a very good eye for reading conversations and social whatevers (things I lack), so I rely heavily on their input.

I was just thinking about that today, actually, when I'll ask her out. Last time, I did it on Valentine's Day, and I got really bad, so my friends are hesitant for me to try again.

that's so meta
    parody of a parody
    i probably am just
    this was the same crush that rejected me, but she got really hurt by her ex (the guy she turned me down for). Then she made some comments and I'm like ??? are you interested or not??? and now i'm really worried with doing things right because I might actually have a chance

i'm not throwing away my shot at this, dammit
    They are! And King George gives negative shits, probably, because he's laughing his ass of on his throne seeing the colonists squirm.
    King George is the least important character plotwise, but he is the showstopping-est guy in the whole show. He's the hammiest (pun completely intended) of all the characters.

if you have twitter, go to lin manuel's page, scroll down until you see a video of king George, and watch it
    Libraries are no help at all for contemporary plays :( contemporary currently means published after 1980, and most of the monologue books at the library were published before 1990. I found enough for what I need but really I just need to buy and read a ton of plays

Do you have a branch of Theta Alpha Phi where you go to school?
    Right now I'm a BA but I'm planning on jumping into BFA once I get a little more situated! Also I'm pretty sure my GPA isn't high enough for it so I need to bump that up as well. I'm in my fourth year of school though so yeah I can just pile 'em on, I only have one not-theater-related class and even that's just a glorified Philosophy course

Everyone's been so great honestly I think I just had the delinquent-high-school crowd in, well, high school, and it really hurt my thespian esteem. Everyone's really surprised that I'm not a freshman or a transfer student, I really should have done this years ago

A question of my own: can you recommend any contemporary male monologues? It's the hardest thing to find and I'm tapping all my resource veins
    And i ment your username. I'm not sure you have your actual name in your profile? I like flowers, tho x3
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom