• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Old Catch
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Y-yeah, probably. Also yes, I did! :O try "/msg surskitty HI THERE" or something at some point :3

... dear gods that's awful. And I hated Tidus's stalkeriffic crush on Yuna with a burning passion of fiery passions! That's much worse. :(

They apparently decided that allowing subjobbing things whenever your party switches around was a good idea. :( Ew. I don't want my angsty alien Paladin from the moon to be part bard, thanks! IF I WANTED A BARD, I'D USE EDWARD.

V and VI are probably easier to find, actually. Check online or in used game sections.

I've played all of IIIDS: what I haven't played is III. Understandably, since it never came out in English, but I'm working mostly off of hearsay for how they butchered it. Informed hearsay improved with, "okay, this, this, and this were really bad," but still hearsay. :( FFIII in general was pretty much a pilot for FFV, actually, as far as mechanics go. GO GET FFV it has an epic class system. Only problem I had with the GBA remake was that the optional endgame dungeon kinda sucked.

FFTA2 is awesome. 's for DS and should be super easy to find.

Not this year! Otakon's pretty good whenever I go, if really crowded, but I mainly just go to Balticon every year. It's a science fiction/fantasy con. :3 It's also fairly small, friendly, and people tend to actually recognize each other there. Certainly isn't crowded and definitely doesn't get people travelling ALL OVER just to go to a con. Unlike Otakon.
    He used to run Alberta. Pulled us out of debt *coughcripplingalbertaneducationandhealthcareintheprocesscough*
    We are the only province not in debt. We also get huge, multi-billion dollar surpluses. None seems to go to Education or Healthcare, oddly...
    Two Words: Ralph Klien. Look him up

Also, I bet Casnada does rock. I live in Canada though :-*shot for being an ass* x.x
    From the pictures I've seen of cons like the London Expo and Amecon (the two biggest cons in the UK) they're pretty crowded, but Tokonatsu, the one I go to, only has around 250 people spread over about five fields. It's held in pretty much the middle of nowhere (there are facilities like showers and DDR machines, though) and everyone camps out for five days and it's awesome fun.

Yes. Yes you should get Yotsuba. It's difficult to describe in words how brilliant it is, though this post describes it rather well :3
    It doesn't really have a plot, but it's seriously the greatest thing ever <3
    O.o I don't even know if we HAVE a school nurse

Albertan Education and Health Systems: Systems on Welfare
    Anything with Time Compression is not something I can take seriously. Also I dislike Squall just from Kingdom Hearts and apparently they made him much less angsty with more reason to keep moping in KH than he was in FFVII. From what I've heard, Rinoa's basically Token Love Interest. :(

I've played I-VII, IX-XII (yes, I have played the MMO), Tactics Advance, TA2 Grimoire of the Rift, Crystal Chronicles, a BIT of Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates, Dirge of Cerberus (for like five minutes until I got bored of fighting against the controller to not die), FFXII: Revenant Wings, and I can't help but feel like I forgot something. Oh, I've also watched Final Fantasy Unlimited and of course everyone's seen Advent Children. I THINK I CAN SAFELY SAY I'M A FAN~~ ^^ Although I do need to find the movie sequel to FFV.... And I should probably play at least one of the Chocobo spinoffs but I don't want to pay money for a freaking Myster[y|ious] Dungeon game: Nethack is awesome but I am not going to pay money for a crappy roguelike. If I want a roguelike, I have Nethack or SLASH'EM.

FFVI is almost certainly the best game in the main series. About the only disagreement I have ever heard on "FFVI is best, no seriously, it IS" is from FFVII fanboys. That is it. Second best is frequently considered to be FFIV: I wouldn't recommend getting IVDS, though, since IIIDS was so godawful and from what I've heard, they've done some really weird things to make the game easier, such as basically remove the class system. Mind you, III in general was awful. FFIV Advance was pretty good, though! Pick up VI for the GBA, though: the remake's pretty good and the game itself is awesome.

FFVI is the only Final Fantasy game other than X-2 and possibly XII that focuses pretty much entirely on the female characters. No one wallows in self-pity at any point, even though they have more than enough reasons to consider doing so, (okay well Celes comes a bit close in one scene but she gets over it pretty quickly) the romantic subplot is fairly easy to ignore (if obvious who hooks up with who), it's one of the ones closer to a steampunk setting (see VII, VIII, parts of X, and Archadia and Dalmasca in XII) than straight fantasy, the plot is actually somewhat decent and I don't recall them ever handwaving things with TIME COMPRESSION or SUDDENLY, MAKO POISONING.... Basically it is almost certainly worth your time.

I'm quite fond of FFV - it probably has the best mutable job system in the series - but the plot's a bit lacking and the main villain is a giant evil tree capable of going, "FORM OF... A SPLINTER." It also has crossdressing pirates. And lots of one-liners that, while quotable, are usually pretty bad. Although I laughed at a bunch of them! snrk teenage mutant ninja turtles

FFIV's the only angsty FF game between I and VI, but it's pretty good anyway. Formulaic as all hell - but then, it's Final Fantasy! of course it is - but still pretty much worth playing. It's designed so that you should never run away from a random encounter, though: encounter rates are quite high whenever you might have needed to grind. Which I guess is better than no warning...?
    Anime cons are amazing. Okay, I've only been to one (been three times, though) and it's always the best week of the year for me. There are so many cool people and you can go up to and talk to anyone and buy loads of animeish stuff and aah~

I'm in the process of convincing the UK TCoDers to come in 09 :3

I have a Fruits Basket messenger bag with Yuki and Kyo (as a cat and rat) on. I love it <3
    Actually, I don't think I would've liked it that much. I much prefer the more lighthearted ones. :/

I didn't really get into the Final Fantasy series until a few years ago: I had FFVII but that was the only one on PS1 that I had until about a year ago, when I picked up FFIX. Unfortunately my copy of FFIX doesn't really work, but what can you do~ I don't really mind that I don't have VIII though: it seems like FFVII with even stupider plot devices and more characters I want to punch in the face. :/ And I don't like the general idea of Drawing, either. ughhh don't make having a magesquad difficult, guys >:|

I might play it eventually if I find someone to borrow it from, but :/
    I am Canadian, eh! :D

And unless I am puking/my ass won't shut off the stream, I am forced to go to school x.x
    O.O DO WANT.

That's amazing. If I saw someone wearing something like that, I'd probably jump them, or at least fangirl over them till they got a restraining order or something X3
    Me.

Oh, you mean where did I get the name from? Read this. Basically, it's a star system or something that there are a lot of alien conspiracy theories about. I mostly picked the name because it sounded cool, so don't expect me to know much about it. :P
    A nasty cold that I picked up from the toddler of a family friend. The toddler: Better after 1 and 1/2 days. Me: Still sick after nearly a week x.x
    Heeey Catch! :D

I dunno, I like them both, but if I keep 'Oliver' I can make silly references to the musical. That's a plus.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom