• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[15] Music Dragon vs Byrus (ref: JackPK)

Oh! I was sure I'd posted already! Huh.

Well, this is probably going to be an uneventful round. Gently tap your opponent with a Power-Up Punch for the KO. You're faster, so you shouldn't have to worry about that Superpower, but in the extremely unlikely event that you can't immediately hit with Power-Up Punch, use Protect instead. Hey, this is like that man-ga, One Punch Man!

Power-Up Punch / Protect x3

Round Six

Music Dragon (1/2 left)
Grumpig
Lillibeth ♀ @ Iron Ball
Ability: Own Tempo
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Byrus (2/2 left)
Eelektross
The Strand
Ability: Levitate
Health: 1%
Energy: 31%
Status: Feeling too nauseated to enjoy his victory. Toxic poisoned (2%/action last round, 7% this round). -1 Special Defense.

------------------------------​

Oink. Snort. Ignoring her opponent entirely, Lillibeth spends her first moments out of her Poké Ball critically examining the Iron Ball that seems to have replaced the usual pearl on her midsection. What is this foreign object?! She can't bounce like this! (Somewhere far off in the audience stands, Grass King heaves a sigh of relief.)

Lillibeth's attention is abruptly diverted from this monstrosity as her opponent rears back and then lunges in her direction, teeth bared furiously. With a startled grunt she quickly summons up a shield of transparent energy to surround her. Her bubble begins to cave inward as The Strand thrashes at it with all his strength, unwilling to give in, and Lillibeth grits her teeth as she's forced to pour more energy into her protective construction. A bit of sweat beads on her forehead from the effort, but at last The Strand succumbs to the poison that's been raging in his system for so long, and falls to his side with a loud crash.

Music Dragon (1/2 left)
Grumpig
Lillibeth ♀ @ Iron Ball
Energy: 92%
Status: Oinking nervously. She couldn't have bounced away from that even if she wanted to!
Used: Protect

Byrus (1/2 left)
Eelektross
The Strand
Ability: Levitate
Health: 0%
Energy: 24%
Used: Superpower

Arena Status
  • The Grande Vallée Way’s rope bridge remains sturdy and untouched.

Damage and Energy
  • Lillibeth's Health: 100%
  • Lillibeth's Energy: 100% - 8% (Protect) = 92%
  • The Strand's Health: 1% - 2% (poison) = 0%
  • The Strand's Energy: 31% - 7% (Superpower) = 24%

Notes
  • Speed order: Lillibeth (40) stands alone, bent double from the weight of her Iron Ball.
  • Lillibeth's Speed is halved, because she's holding an Iron Ball. As a result, she was actually slower than The Strand.
  • The Strand fainted from poison damage after the first action.
  • Byrus sends out, then Music Dragon commands first.

I, uh, I knew about the Iron Ball all along, I was just... trying to confuse you! T-that's right! I make a habit of forgetting my own plans so I can avoid being defeated by mind readers.

Hmm! Well, I'm not gonna lie to you, Lillibeth - this is a pretty unfavorable matchup. Clearly we can't win through brute force. But perhaps, if we throw enough spanners in the works, we'll stand a chance! Lead with Confuse Ray, follow up with Taunt, and finish the round with Torment. That should severely limit our opponent's options and buy us enough time to turn the tables.

On any action, if you're unable to successfully use your specified move - say, if your opponent is underground or something like that - then ready yourself for combat with Calm Mind. Also, if anything reflectable comes your way, bounce it back with Magic Coat.

Confuse Ray / Calm Mind / Magic Coat ~ Taunt / Calm Mind / Magic Coat ~ Torment / Calm Mind / Magic Coat

Considering the disastrous luck The Strand had with confusion, I'd really rather you avoid that, so let's start with a Toxic to get Lillibeth to use Magic Coat instead. If that works, Guts should be activated, but Grumpig has a few moves that can nullify your ability, so we're going to have to make the most of it while we can. So, lash out with a Focus Punch after she's done taunting you. (Zack Ryder is a face! You're only supposed to boo the heel!) End with a Low Sweep to hit the cap and gain the speed advantage for a bit. (At least until she ditches the Iron Ball.)

Also, I hate to do this again, but drop your Weakness Policy. Preferably over the bridge, where Lillibeth can't get it. It would've been okay against an opponent whose only thieving moves were dark typed, but Grumpig gets Trick and Covet, so it's not worth the risk.

Toxic ~ Focus Punch ~ Low Sweep

Round Seven

Music Dragon (1/2 left)
Grumpig
Lillibeth ♀ @ Iron Ball
Energy: 92%
Status: Oinking nervously. She couldn't have bounced away from that even if she wanted to!

Byrus (1/2 left)
Machop
Zack Ryder ♂ @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Guts
Energy: 100%

Oink. Snort. Lillibeth stares nervously across at her opponent as he casually flexes at the cheering crowd. Could it be... that those are the muscles that will make the future bright?! Not hers? No! Her trainer could never have lied to her like that! With a particularly fearsome flex, Zack Ryder tosses his Weakness Policy straight into the river, and his skin splits open from the pressure of his bulging muscles, a gross purple fluid spurting out of it. With a squeal of alarm, Lillibeth quickly gestures in front of her with her right hand, and a wall of dazzling Psychic energy appears before her just in time to intercept the attack. The poison bounces off her shield and lands at Zack Ryder's feet, where it begins slowly seeping into his skin.

This makes Zack Ryder angry. This makes Zack Ryder very angry. His muscles are screaming to explode through his skin in rage, but he forces himself to be patient, and glares across at his foe as his fist begins to glow. Oink! Oink squeal oink! squeal-oinks Lillibeth, dancing obnoxiously in front of him. Is that all he's got? Is he really just going to sit there and let Lillibeth redirect all his attacks straight back at him? What a loser! His obnoxious brawn has got nothing, nothing on her brain, the strongest muscle of them all... Zack Ryder finally charges up enough power in his fist just as he begins to see red. With a cry of outrage, he lunges forward and drives his fist straight up into Lillibeth's chin, unleashing all the energy he's stored in it. Lillibeth screams in pain as Inver's psychic powers twist what would normally be a soft blow into a devastating attack, throwing her powerfully into the side of the bridge and leaving her skin horribly bruised.

Panting, Lillibeth forces herself to her feet, hampered somewhat by the weight of that inconvenient Iron Ball. Vision fading in and out, she totters on the spot, barely able to hold herself up, and Zack Ryder takes this moment to dash back in and kick her legs out from under her. Groaning, Lillibeth pitches forward, smashing her snout painfully into the surface of the bridge. Strangely, she can't even feel any more pain... in comparison with the earlier Focus Punch, that kick was nothing. Zack Ryder resumes flexing for his adoring fans, and Lillibeth simply cannot contain herself. She must prove that her brain is the strongest muscle of them all! With a huge effort of will she pushes herself back up, a dark aura surrounding her as she blurts out the vilest insults she can think of about her opponent's lack of refinement and technique. Just another dumb jock, he is! Zack Ryder struggles not to let the words of a clearly losing opponent get to him, but a part of it hits home... His trainer never did bother registering him at the local school...

Music Dragon (1/2 left)
Grumpig
Lillibeth ♀ @ Iron Ball
Health: 65% (capped)
Energy: 81%
Status: Too stunned and furious to let out even a single oink. -1 Speed.
Used: Magic Coat ~ Taunt ~ Torment

Byrus (1/2 left)
Machop
Zack Ryder
Health: 98%
Energy: 80%
Status: Now is probably not the time to be having an existential crisis... Guts activated. Taunted (1 more action). Tormented (5 more actions). Toxic poisoned (2% this round, 3% next round).
Used: Toxic (reflected) ~ Focus Punch ~ Low Sweep

Arena Status
  • The Grande Vallée Way’s rope bridge remains sturdy and untouched. The soggy remains of a discarded Weakness Policy are slowly falling apart in the river.

Damage and Energy
  • Lillibeth's Health: 100% - 42% (Focus Punch) - 18% (Low Sweep) = 65% (capped)
  • Lillibeth's Energy: 92% - 3% (Magic Coat) - 4% (Taunt) - 4% (Torment) = 81%
  • Zack Ryder's Health: 100% - 2% (poison) = 98%
  • Zack Ryder's Energy: 100% - 4% (Toxic) - 10% (Focus Punch) - 6% (Low Sweep) = 80%

Notes
  • Speed order: Zack Ryder (35) > Lillibeth (27).
  • Normally Pokémon are immune to their own poison, but Magic Coat is definitely an exception to that. I'm sure you're both aware of that already, but yeah, just here for posterity or something.
  • I'm not 100% sure if the base energy for moves affected by Guts is supposed to scale with the base power in addition to the 2% cost added by Guts. I'm assuming not for now, but if I learn otherwise I'll edit the costs of Focus Punch and Low Sweep.
  • Byrus commands first.

Last edited:
Okay, edited commands!

We're gonna have to attack first turn no matter what, so use Low Kick. Go for a Brick Break after that, then finish with Vital Throw, and if there's a sub in the way, try and toss it at its creator for some extra damage.

If at any time Lillibeth is preparing to Counter, or if you're immobilized and can't use your other two options, fire off a Vacuum Wave on the first action, a Flamethrower (Sweeping if there are clones) on the second, and back to Vacuum Wave on the third.

Low Kick/Vacuum Wave ~ Brick Break/Flamethrower ~ Vital Throw/Vacuum Wave

Hmm! Well, looks like you're screwed, Lillibeth. But that doesn't mean we can't put up a good fight! Let's try this, then... Start by Flinging your Iron Ball at Zack. Once that's done, you should outspeed him again, so follow up immediately with a Confuse Ray before he can do anything. Lastly, use Seismic Toss to throw him off the bridge, giving us the higher ground.

Fling ~ Confuse Ray ~ Seismic Toss

Round Eight

Music Dragon
Grumpig
Lillibeth ♀ @ Iron Ball
Health: 65%
Energy: 81%
Status: Too stunned and furious to let out even a single oink. -1 Speed.

Byrus
Machop
Zack Ryder
Health: 98%
Energy: 80%
Status: Now is probably not the time to be having an existential crisis... Guts activated. Taunted (1 more action). Tormented (5 more actions). Toxic poisoned (2% last round, 3% this round).

Oink. Snort. Lillibeth watches her opponent in distress as she struggles to burst right through and come out on the other side of speed, only to be held back by her slight limp and that pesky Iron Ball. Zack Ryder, refusing to be overcome by his opponent's cruel words, lunges in to deliver a powerful kick to Lillibeth's side. His foot lands right on one of her more tender bruises, and Lillibeth squeals in shock as the impact sends her crashing to the ground, where she smashes her snout on the wooden surface of the bridge again. How embarrassing! She's getting totally beaten up by a... a walking muscle, and... and it's all this Iron Ball's fault! Overcome by a wave of fiery rage at the poor, innocent ball of iron, Lillibeth lifts it up in both hands (her very own feat of impressive muscular strength) and hurls it straight into her opponent's FACE.

Yes! Wonderful! Now she's free to float like a Butterfree and sting like a Beedrill! As the Iron Ball makes contact with a loud, dull thunk and Zack Ryder staggers backward, a look of pure astonishment on his flattened and horribly bruised face, Lillibeth is already planning her next move. The two pearls on her forehead begin to glow, each emitting a short length of rainbow light that inches through the air toward Zack Ryder, like a couple of shimmering, multicoloured worms. The Machop can't help getting caught up in the mesmerizing spectacle as the lights reach him and begin to circle his head, twining together and separating themselves in erratic patterns. It's enough almost to distract him from the battle altogether... but not quite. He's still got to prove to his opponent that there is in fact fine art in his feats of strength! So instead of punching his opponent once, or even twice... he punches her three times! Once over the right shoulder, and Lillibeth recoils, exposing her left flank; once in the side, sending her skidding back into the rails of the bridge; and finally— okay, no, the protective red glow of the damage cap is stopping him from fully exacting his revenge. Fine. Zack Ryder will settle for two punches.

On second thought... Zack Ryder gulps as he suddenly finds himself approached by precisely 157.6 pounds of enraged pig. Lillibeth's slow footsteps echo horribly in his ears, each an ominous, thunderous crash, until a loud splashing sound tells him that that was just the sound of the Iron Ball rolling off the edge of the bridge. Regardless! He draws back his arm, considering throwing that pointless third punch, but has no chance as Lillibeth bodily picks him up and flings him over her shoulder as she approaches the other side of the bridge. The Grumpig lifts him high over her head and hurls him straight down with a furious oink.

Zack Ryder screams, his life flashing before his eyes as for a few seconds he goes hurtling uncontrollably through the air, until he crashes down onto the grass on a small island below. The impact knocks the wind out of him. For a few seconds his chest feels like it's on fire as he struggles to breathe, his ribs aching, and his dizziness is compounded by the eerie lights that continue to swirl around his head. From above comes the raspy oink of Lillibeth's laughter, and Zack Ryder remembers his purpose. He backs up to get a clearer view of the bridge and leaps up, rapidly unleashing a small tornado of force from his palm... but his aim is a bit too low, and the brown Fighting-type energy whooshes harmlessly under the bridge.

Music Dragon
Grumpig
Lillibeth
Health: 30% (capped)
Energy: 63%
Used: Fling ~ Confuse Ray ~ Seismic Toss

Byrus
Machop
Zack Ryder
Health: 66%
Energy: 67%
Status: Tottering about uncertainly. Guts activated. Tormented (2 more actions). Severely confused (30% failure chance). Toxic poisoned (3% this round, 4% next round).
Used: Low Kick ~ Brick Break ~ Vacuum Wave (missed)

Arena Status
  • The Grande Vallée Way’s rope bridge remains sturdy and untouched. A discarded Weakness Policy has disintegrated in the water... alas.
  • An Iron Ball sadly floats down the river, abandoned...
  • Lillibeth is up on the bridge, while Zack Ryder is on the small rectangular island below it (see here). Neither Pokémon can reach the other with contact moves. Ranged moves aimed from above will have a small accuracy penalty, depending on the specifics of the move. I'll eyeball this at around a flat 10-15% for now. Ranged moves aimed from below will have a larger penalty, depending also on the nature of the move. As a rough guideline, moves that can be sustained long enough to be spread are more likely to hit, let's say treated as a -1 to Accuracy (0.75x), but may have small damage penalties depending on the accuracy roll. Those that are more of a one-off shot, like how I see Vacuum Wave, I'll treat as a -2 to Accuracy (0.6x).

Damage and Energy
  • Lillibeth's Health: 65% - 26% (Low Kick) - 21% (Brick Break) = 30% (capped)
  • Lillibeth's Energy: 81% - 8% (Fling) - 4% (Confuse Ray) - 6% (Seismic Toss) = 63%
  • Zack Ryder's Health: 98% - 19% (Fling) - 10% (Seismic Toss) - 3% (poison) = 66%
  • Zack Ryder's Energy: 80% - 5% (Low Kick) - 6% (Brick Break) - 2% (Vacuum Wave) = 67%

Notes
  • Speed order: Lillibeth (53) > Zack Ryder (35).
  • (I actually put some effort into writing this one, heheh.)
  • Taunt wore off after the first action. I didn't really get a chance to write it in.
  • I added a couple of points of damage to Seismic Toss because usually some of the force is diverted for the horizontal motion of the throw, but in this case Zack Ryder was being flung straight down. I... I think this makes physical sense, anyway...
  • Low Kick was a critical hit, and Zack Ryder attacked both actions despite his confusion. The RNG really hates MD this battle, eh?
  • On the other hand, Vacuum Wave missed! When Lillibeth had already hit the damage cap! How lucky.
  • (See the arena notes for a rough idea of how I've decided to handle the distance between the battlers. I'm kind of just inventing these numbers, so please, please speak up if you don't think they're fair, and we can figure out how to tweak them.)
  • Music Dragon commands first.

Last edited:
A critical hit!? And no confusion failures!? Ugh. That's just awful. Still, I'm not one to give in to reverse gambler's fallacy. Try to zap your opponent with Thunder Wave; it's still a statistically solid move, no matter our past bad luck. Keep trying until you're successful. Once Zack is paralyzed, or if you can't hit with Thunder Wave because of Substitute or whatever else, switch to Signal Beam (sweep it if there are clones).

If anything reflectable comes your way, bounce it back with Magic Coat. And pray to your Asberian deity of choice that we'll live to see another round!

Thunder Wave / Signal Beam / Magic Coat x3

I kinda hate to do this, but now is definitely a good time to use up that heal, so let's go for it, then Chill as you sleep. We'll do more exciting things next action, really.

...God, just don't confusion/para-fail on the rest, please. That would be really embarrassing. ._. If you DO fail on both actions by some horrid stroke of luck, then just try a Rock Climb to get your ass back up there.

Rest ~ Rest/Chill ~ Rock Climb/Chill

Speaking of which, would it still count towards my limit if I'm not actually using the damage-dealing Normal-type move to attack my opponent?

Round Nine

Music Dragon
Grumpig
Lillibeth
Health: 30%
Energy: 63%

Byrus
Machop
Zack Ryder
Health: 66%
Energy: 67%
Status: Tottering about uncertainly. Guts activated. Tormented (2 more actions). Severely confused (30% failure chance). Toxic poisoned (3% this round, 4% next round).

Haha... Hahahahahaha! Lillibeth's plan is going perfectly! Ol' Musclehead over there will never be able to reach her up here! That'll show him! Lillibeth watches her opponent expectantly, waiting for the inevitable look of despair to cross his face as he realizes that there's nothing he can do, Lillibeth's got him right where she wants him... But somehow, that doesn't happen. In fact, Zack Ryder's face shows no emotion at all as he... lies down and promptly falls asleep?! Preposterous! Lillibeth will have none of this... this tomfoolery! How can her opponent be so calm in the face of certain defeat? Well, Lillibeth will give him something to worry about. With a furious squeal, she lets loose a thin pulse of electricity from one of her forehead gems, which streaks down from the bridge to jolt the dozing Machop. Zack Ryder mumbles to himself in his sleep as the electricity passes through his body, causing his muscles to begin cramping uncontrollably as it wreaks havoc upon his nervous system.

The poison now expelled from his body by his spontaneously sped-up healing processes, Zack Ryder sleeps on... A throng of cheering fans surrounds him as he stands triumphantly on a podium, flexing his muscles for the watching crowd. He attempts to raise his arm in order to pump his fist for victory, but at just that moment a devastating spasm ripples through his muscles, and he slides sideways off the stage. The audience gasps. His loyal fans fade to black and he finds himself frantically struggling to force his way through liquid darkness, unresponsive muscles dragging him down into its murky depths. The plague of the locusts arises to fill his ears with their droning buzz. Zack Ryder grips the sides of his head in agony, trying to scream, but his mouth has been stuffed full of dry, scratchy, staticky Mareep wool...

Up on the bridge, Lillibeth watches in amusement as her Signal Beam meets its mark and Zack Ryder groans in his sleep, clasping his hands over his ears. The two pearls on her forehead light up as she begins to generate another one, emitting alternating beams of red and blue that intertwine on their way down from the bridge. Unfortunately Lillibeth misjudges her aim in her smug triumph, and the lights sail clear over Zack Ryder's head, fading away far off in the distance. Well, no matter. She'll have plenty more chances. And look who's finally decided to wake up and join the party!

Music Dragon
Grumpig
Lillibeth
Energy: 51%
Used: Thunder Wave ~ Signal Beam ~ Signal Beam (missed)

Byrus
Machop
Zack Ryder
Health: 89%
Energy: 41%
Status: Blearily blinking himself awake. His fans! Are they hurt?! Guts activated. Tormented (1 more action). Moderately confused (25% failure chance). Severely paralyzed (25% failure chance).
Used: Rest ~ [paralyzed] ~ [paralyzed]

Arena Status
  • The Grande Vallée Way’s rope bridge remains sturdy and untouched. A discarded Weakness Policy has disintegrated in the water... alas.
  • An Iron Ball sadly floats down the river, abandoned...
  • Lillibeth is up on the bridge, while Zack Ryder is on the small rectangular island below it (see here). Neither Pokémon can reach the other with contact moves. Ranged moves aimed from above will have a small accuracy penalty, depending on the specifics of the move. I'll eyeball this at around a flat 10-15% for now. Ranged moves aimed from below will have a larger penalty, depending also on the nature of the move. As a rough guideline, moves that can be sustained long enough to be spread are more likely to hit, let's say treated as a -1 to Accuracy (0.75x), but may have small damage penalties depending on the accuracy roll. Those that are more of a one-off shot, like how I see Vacuum Wave, I'll treat as a -2 to Accuracy (0.6x).

Damage and Energy
  • Lillibeth's Health: 30%
  • Lillibeth's Energy: 63% - 4% (Thunder Wave) - 4% (Signal Beam) - 4% (Signal Beam) = 51%
  • Zack Ryder's Health: 66% + 34% (Rest) - 11% (Signal Beam) = 89%
  • Zack Ryder's Energy: 67% - 26% (Rest) = 41%

Notes
  • Speed order: Lillibeth (53) > Zack Ryder (9).
  • Lillibeth moved second all three actions to see if she needed to bounce something back.
  • Zack Ryder used Rest successfully on the first action. Rest doesn't cure confusion, but while asleep he acted as if he was not confused; therefore, his failure chance did not decrease, even when he was hit by a damaging attack. (This is based on effects such as Encore and Taunt pausing their duration while the Pokémon is asleep.) Now that he's awake again, his confusion will resume as normal.
  • Similarly, Zack Ryder's Torment was paused while he was asleep.
  • Zack Ryder's Guts was deactivated when he used Rest to heal his poison. It was reactivated when he was hit by Thunder Wave.
  • Zack Ryder was fully paralyzed on both the second and third actions. (I do not ref any moves as being completely unaffected by paralysis. Chilling is more likely to succeed than an attack requiring a lot of movement, but the rolls were low enough that even this failed. Apparently the Random Number Gods have turned the tables yet again...!)
  • Or not. Lillibeth's second Signal Beam missed, with a roll of 99.
  • Byrus commands first.

Let's start with a Focus Energy to try and lessen that confusion a bit. If you get taunted, or Lillibeth is preparing to snatch it, go for Vacuum Wave instead. Follow up with a single Natural Gift, since I just remembered that's physical and can't miss, but if there's a substitute or Reflect up, use Vacuum wave. On the last action, go for Vacuum Wave, unless there are clones up, then sweep a Flamethrower around to clear them. If you didn't land a Natural Gift the previous action, and there is no sub or Reflect up, try it this turn.

Focus Energy/Vacuum Wave ~ Natural Gift/Vacuum Wave ~ Vacuum Wave/Flamethrower/Natural Gift

Hmm! Well, we might as well go all in. Nothing to lose at this point. As we say in Sweden: "friskt vågat, hälften vunnet"! Which means "get down there and show off the muscles that will make the future bright"!

Create a 10% Substitute to begin with; hopefully it'll last until next round, since it's statistically rather likely that at least one Vacuum Wave will fail or miss. Then, jump down with Body Slam to strike Zack from above. Or if you don't think you can use Body Slam from the bridge, try a one-action Bounce instead; that'll definitely work. After that, sap his energy with Drain Punch!

Substitute (10%) ~ Body Slam/Bounce ~ Drain Punch (energy)

Round Ten

Music Dragon
Grumpig
Lillibeth
Energy: 51%

Byrus
Machop
Zack Ryder
Health: 89%
Energy: 41%
Status: Blearily blinking himself awake. His fans! Are they hurt?! Guts activated. Tormented (1 more action). Moderately confused (25% failure chance). Severely paralyzed (25% failure chance).

Hmph!, snorts Lillibeth. Now her trainer is just being silly. Doesn't he know that offense is the best defense?! Well, she's got no choice... as they say in Sweden: "en svaga spolas bort av tidvatten av ödet... den starka drycker upp". Repeating these words of wisdom to herself under her breath, Lillibeth scampers over to her trainer to retrieve a large Grumping punching bag (a special model Music Dragon had made just for her) from his backpack, and drags it back behind her onto the bridge, where she stares at it sadly as she infuses it with some of her own life energy. Alas, she's not the one who gets to do the punching... but her day will soon come. As they say in Sweden: "Människor är som böcker. Vi har alla fått en framsida och en baksida."

Meanwhile, Zack Ryder halts his woozy stumbling about the island below to woozily focus on his ENORMOUS BICEPS. That's right! He's got an audience of screaming fans waiting for him, and he can't let them down! All vestiges of his previous self-doubt disappear as he resolves to do his very best, and the lights swirling around his head seem to dim as he forces himself not to look at him.

Above him, Lillibeth suddenly springs up into the air. It's kind of weird. Zack Ryder stares up at her, nonplussed, for a moment, before remembering his promise. With a determined leap he too propels himself upwards, unleashing another small twister of Fighting-type energy from his outstretched fist. He can't compete with Lillibeth, though, and his shot sorely misses his mark. Zack Ryder lands light as a cat on the soft grass, and then 157.6 pounds of pig and 15.76 pounds of punching bag crash heavily onto his head, flattening him into the ground. Owwww... Suddenly Zack Ryder's muscles are cramping more heavily than before, and it's only with great difficulty that he can position his fist to fire off another quick burst of force, which is easily absorbed by Lillibeth's punching bag as it leaps in front of its master to shield her from the blow. Looming ominously over Zack Ryder as he remains sprawled helplessly on the ground, Lillibeth cackles to herself as she brings her own arm forward, fist swirling with a mysterious green-coloured energy. Zack Ryder braces himself for the pain as his opponent socks him in the side, but strangely he feels not pain, but a disconcerting sense of emptiness, as some of his energy is drained away. It reminds him of something they say in Ireland: "Tá caife ar comhchoirí is iontaofa a aroma domhain agus as cuimse..."

Music Dragon
Grumpig
Lillibeth
Health: 20%
Energy: 34%
Status: Snorting to herself in amusement. Has a 3% Substitute. -1 Speed.
Used: Substitute (10%) ~ Bounce ~ Drain Punch (energy)

Byrus
Machop
Zack Ryder
Health: 84%
Energy: 25%
Status: Struggling to regain control over his muscles. Pumped up. Guts activated. Very severely paralyzed (28% failure chance).
Used: Focus Energy ~ Vacuum Wave (missed) ~ Vacuum Wave

Arena Status
  • Both battlers are on the small rectangular island below the bridge (see here).

Damage and Energy
  • Lillibeth's Health: 30% - 10% (Substitute) = 20%
  • Lillibeth's Substitute: 10% - 7% (Vacuum Wave) = 3%
  • Lillibeth's Energy: 51% - 5% (Substitute) - 10% (Bounce) - 5% (Drain Punch) + 3% (Drain Punch) = 34%
  • Zack Ryder's Health: 89% - 5% (Bounce) = 84%
  • Zack Ryder's Energy: 41% - 5% (Focus Energy) - 2% (Vacuum Wave) - 7% (Drain Punch) - 2% (Vacuum Wave) = 25%

Notes
  • Sorry for the delay and general low quality. I'm going to be pretty busy, so uh, feel free to take your time with commands. I'll still be able to answer questions as quickly by PM, though, so it's cool as usual if you want to ask me something.
  • (The nonsensical Swedish and Irish bits are some of Godot's wise quotes of wisdom, which MD will not understand as he has not played Ace Attorney. Sorry man.)
  • No confusion or paralysis fails for Zack Ryder this round.
  • Zack Ryder's Torment wore off after the first action.
  • Body Slamming off the bridge down onto the island was pretty iffy for a bulkier Pokémon like Grumpig, so Lillibeth went with Bounce instead.
  • Bounce rolled for paralysis, so Zack Ryder's paralysis chance was bumped up to the very maximum I'll allow (30%).
  • Zack Ryder actually moved second on the last action, but it was easier for me to write it this way.
  • Drain Punch cleared up the last of Zack Ryder's confusion. (Bounce didn't actually do enough damage to have any effect on it, thanks to the inverse matchup.)
  • Music Dragon commands first.

Hehe! The old making-pigs-fly trick, it works every time! Now, let's keep using Drain Punch on his energy and see where that gets us. Ideally he'll paralysis-fail at least once, leaving him open to attack!

Since we're still very vulnerable, I want you to Protect yourself and your sub against any damaging move that isn't Focus Punch, and against Encore and Attract. However, avoid using Protect twice in a row as long as the sub can absorb the incoming attack.

Lastly, if Zack tries to Chill, just Snatch it.

Now let's see some lucky rolls!

Drain Punch (energy) / Protect / Snatch x3

Hmm, looks like a lot of this round will be up to chance, unfortunately. Let's start with an Encore to get her to Protect, then, since she should be waiting to see what you'll do on the next action, take the opportunity to Encore her into Protect. If you manage to pull this off, Chill on the last action. If you paralysis fail on the first action, go for Encore on the second and repeat on the third. Also go for Encore on the third if her Protect worked twice in a row.

If you succeeded on the first action but failed on the second, try and chill anyway.

If you failed on both actions due to paralysis, then try to stall with a sub of your own.

Encore ~ Encore ~ Encore/Chill/Substitute (10%)

Round Eleven

Music Dragon
Grumpig
Lillibeth
Energy: 34%
Status: Snorting to herself in amusement. Has a 3% Substitute. -1 Speed.

Byrus
Machop
Zack Ryder
Energy: 25%
Status: Struggling to regain control over his muscles. Pumped up. Guts activated. Very severely paralyzed (28% failure chance).

Ah! Yes! That... that thing Lillibeth did, it was very nice! It's just what a proper Irishman would do. Or something. Truthfully Zack Ryder doesn't like what Lillibeth just did at all, but orders are orders, right? But with all the effort he's putting into this elaborate lie, Lillibeth just doesn't seem to be listening... The Grumpig's just looking contentedly off into the distance, oink-whistling a happy little tune. The nerve! Zack Ryder will not be so easily deterred, and so he continues to clap his very hardest, arm muscles aching as he forces them through the repetitive motions despite the cramps still plaguing them. At last the sound of his clapping seems to reach his opponent, and Lillibeth turns to look at him with a slightly irritated look on her face for interrupting her lovely song. Wait... this isn't an interruption! She's finally won over her foe, with the power of music! Maybe muscles aren't everything after all... And so Lillibeth continues snorting her song, a transparent bubble of energy shimmering in front of her as it draws energy from the tune, while Zack Ryder simply sits back and watches appreciatively, finally taking a much-needed rest.

Music Dragon
Grumpig
Lillibeth
Energy: 29%
Status: Obliviously oinking away. Has a 3% Substitute. Encored into Protect (2 more actions). 5 Chills remaining. -1 Speed.
Used: Protect ~ Protect (failed) ~ Protect

Byrus
Machop
Zack Ryder
Energy: 27%
Status: Glad for the chance to catch his breath. Pumped up. Guts activated. 4 Chills remaining. Severely paralyzed (22% failure chance).
Used: Encore ~ Encore ~ Chill

Arena Status
  • Both battlers are on the small rectangular island below the bridge (see here).

Damage and Energy
  • Lillibeth's Health: 20%
  • Lillibeth's Substitute: 3%
  • Lillibeth's Energy: 34% - 2% (Protect) - 1% (Protect) - 2% (Protect) = 29%
  • Zack Ryder's Health: 84%
  • Zack Ryder's Energy: 25% - 4% (Encore) - 4% (Encore) + 10% (Chill) = 27%

Notes
  • (like, seriously, how am I supposed to write more than that for this round)
  • Protect failed on the second action. The attempt still cost 1% energy.
  • Now that somebody's actually used Chill, I've added remaining Chill counts to both statuses. I... hope I haven't forgotten any previous uses of Chill, anyway.
  • A reminder that Encore is a positive emotion-based move like Attract, so blasting at an Encored opponent with an extremely powerful attack (whether it successfully hits or not, or hits a Substitute) will definitely reduce its remaining duration. Just putting that out there since a lot of people tend to forget this and I don't want anyone getting any nasty surprises next round.
  • Also, Lillibeth's most recent Protect was successful, so her next use of the move has only a 50% chance of success.
  • Byrus commands first.

Back
Top Bottom