• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

I kind of feel like when all the VTs in Snom Mafia were talking about the secret password club thing and I read the posts in question like three times and couldn't figure out at all what was being danced around

I kind of feel like when all the VTs in Snom Mafia were talking about the secret password club thing and I read the posts in question like three times and couldn't figure out at all what was being danced around
I'm really sorry, I'm trying. I'm going to have to be a dog with a bone for a bit here.

Let me think about another way to explain it.

What are the odds of someone getting VT three games in a row, anyhoo? Asking for a friend
depends how many VTs there are in this game tbh
If I can be honest, I may be thrown off this game because I got a role that actually does something for the first time and I'm not sure how to utilise if effectively without telling everyone who I am 😲 It may seem uhhhh derpy to reveal that? But I feel much better about things when I'm being as honest as I can be!
🤔

Life was so easy when I rolled VT two games in a row!!! Now I have to actually try to be smart (a hard task for a vacant penguin like me) 😔

it's a huge gutread as far as those early-60s posts, but i also don't love blu speccing about the nk role and the fact that he softclaimed VT earlier
-m

No it's totally okay, take your time. Communication is a two way street.

What are the odds of someone getting VT three games in a row, anyhoo? Asking for a friend
...? Blu, can you talk to me about what was going through your head when you posted this?
I thought it would be a really funny joke! 😄

Narrator Voiceover: It was not a very funny joke

(probably no one except MP will understand this post, sorry)

It's like Blu is trying to think of things to say rather than saying what's on his mind.
If you remember what I'm talking about, is this like... the fake read that I made on Zack's earlygame memes in the 9er, that the topics were like angular / disconnected / wall-throwy?

See I crumple under pressure real easy so my brain wants to throw out the roleclaim now instead of waiting until EOD because I'll probably be asleep or forget time exists 😳

I'm really sorry, I'm trying. I'm going to have to be a dog with a bone for a bit here.

Let me think about another way to explain it.
@bbt's Huskeldeo

If I can be honest, I may be thrown off this game because I got a role that actually does something for the first time and I'm not sure how to utilise if effectively without telling everyone who I am 😲 It may seem uhhhh derpy to reveal that? But I feel much better about things when I'm being as honest as I can be!
Huh.

Bluwiikoon
"If I can be honest" has a strange implication to me as the starting phrase... if I deconstruct that, it reads naturally to me like it doesn't belong there. Why would Blu not be honest? In addition, it reads awkwardly like Blu is over-thinking what to type in his posts. That could be non-alignment indicative, but it doesn't mesh with my personal interpretation of how Blu's mind works when he's town, which is carefree.

Then it clashes a bit with the subsequent sentiment of "I may be thrown off this game", like... if you are making a concerted effort to be honest, then why are you following that up with speculation? The sentiments don't compute as compatible to me. I also believe this would have been the way Blu started this post if town, yeah? Why not just start with "I may be thrown off this game..."? He's definitely nervous.

The last sentence also reads tacked on.

I realize there could be psychological effects at play here to which I am not privy, but I'm certainly okay with pressing him.

Because I feel like I can see that, but also I remember his posts in Cats/Snom being similar in that aspect so maybe never mind that. But I still want to see the difference you say you're seeing.

Then... add into all of above with the notion that Blu's post reads like a pre-emptive defense, like he needed to get it out there at any sign of pressure whatsoever. It reads particularly anxious.

Back
Top Bottom