• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

If that's true then how did MP still die, would loverkill bypass a doctor heal...?
i thought doctor heals only saved from being kill targeted?

we're kk slider/the roleblocker who occupies others by playing sick tunes, rsp n0 (because we thought it would be funny ...) and koko n1 (because e was one of two who we didn't have a reason /not/ to block, can expand on this reasoning though)

-m

our PoE (last formulated right after SoD) was somewhere like trebek/mist/koko/bbt

because of the rsp TR and we (especially mewt) think mawile is super far out of tvt scum range. and now the doc claim, too

-m

mewt SRing trebek based on metaread (in particular i think his confidence level is far different from what i've seen of him as town, and i think his attitude would be a bit more gung-ho & unapologetic as scum a la tarot and ... imo, here) but we are kind of disagreeing on that right now lol because i think rari TLs

fuck it
trebek

can you tell me how you feel about the other people in the PoE i mentioned?/give some impression of your overall readslist

in re: the flavorsoft mawile mentioned in 1355 i remember seeing it and wondering the same but i think it was a joke about the fruit-talk

-m

I personally kinda like the part of koko's recent posts where e's like "my read was wrong this game but well, it was for the right reasons, so this is a win," that seems like a ~towny perspective to me.
towny how?

also in re: mawile i kind of think he doesn't do the blatant backtrack that you mention as wolf, he was really into overrationalization as scum
and i liked the interaction i had with him because it felt like he was genuinely confusing himself/struggling with phrasing (as opposed to convoluted word twisting) especially when i remember him being so meticulous about wording posts clearly in tvtropes

-m

it felt like he was genuinely confusing himself/struggling with phrasing
also i think puzzling over it enough to start doing the worldbuilding that he was getting at is unnecessary for scum to do, and even if they were channeling town/talking it out i think he did it in a way that wasn't pre-reasoned enough to fit his meta. and this is essentially his first game since tvt

will shut up now probably uwu
-m

ok sup rambly longpost inc sorry

Laptop Trebek is here and ready to actually participate now (i was completely blindsided by day phase starting today and had totally planned around being busy today in exchange for being around tomorrow but whoopsie)

can you tell me how you feel about the other people in the PoE i mentioned?/give some impression of your overall readslist

i think my ordering of the people in your PoE is probably bbt > koko > mist. the part of me that has been trying to improve the tone-based aspect of my play has been pretty pocketed by bbt ngl, and i just really vibed with the discussions they had with mp7 D1

it seemed like koko and i were sorta mindmelding on the whole blu thing, which made me :D at first, but it felt a little hmmm bc of something that i think mp7 (? correct me if im wrong) pointed out, which was that koko's version of the mindmeld relied a lot more on trusting blu's role to be town as opposed to the more vibe/tone read i was going for? i guess maybe theres a universe where that's a TMI defense of blu? unsure vibes tbh

i want to see more from mist :(

as far as people not in your PoE that i would put in mine, i think it might have to be you? i was going to originally put Mawile pretty low on my list bc i was thrown off by the interactions earlier toDay, but the point you made about it not being in scum range makes more sense to me the more i reread the interaction, and the more it reads to me as genuine confused!town (and also doctor claim lmao cant forget that unless someone cc's). also im just terrified of w!roleblockers tbh, long and distraught history that extends beyond my mafia experience here lmao

now that i think about it, also pretty sure RSP goes in my PoE as well? i believe that they are announcer especially with the validation that they got roleblocked, but that doesn't really swing me either way on their alignment (and i dont think the isabelle claim is swaying me either bc i wouldnt be surprised if lmao isabelle mafia)

So i guess at the end of the day my ranking of people would be something along the lines of

me
mawile
bbt
tbh~koko
rsp~mist

something along those lines with the PoE being the bottom 4/maybe 5/no probably 4? the bottom stuff could really be malleable in any direction, i suck at ordering things lmao, but i think my tentative 3w team (thats what lylo implies right) if i had to decide now would be [koko/rsp/mist]

this PoE/potential team could definitely change depending on how the rest of massclaiming goes, tho, which leads me to the other thing i wanted to get to in this post:

i am Tom Nook, and i have an investigative-type role (bc obviously Nook just has to know about everything that happens on his island i guess lol i haven't played the game), the flavor of which i do not want to reveal as of right now in case someone makes a contradictory claim later on toDay - i haven't seen any contradictions yet, but it could happen? (for posterity, me having to deal with this role after 2 games of VT and a very short lived wolf-game is part of why i was so empathetic of blu D1 lmao)

and yes, my "apple a day" joke was entirely a joke and in no way a softclaim

ok, i think i covered everything i wanted to in this clusterfuck of a post, sorry for making people read that tbhtbh

will be around for a while if anyone else is!

Oh, I've got a doozy of a claim for y'all.

we're kk slider/the roleblocker who occupies others by playing sick tunes, rsp n0 (because we thought it would be funny ...) and koko n1 (because e was one of two who we didn't have a reason /not/ to block, can expand on this reasoning though)

But first I'd like to hear this expanded reasoning. Who was the other person you didn't have a reason not to block, and what were your reasons not to block everyone else?

But first I'd like to hear this expanded reasoning. Who was the other person you didn't have a reason not to block, and what were your reasons not to block everyone else?
lazily copy-pasting from hydrachat lol
mewt said:
so like, as for people i think we shouldn’t block as of now/puzzling through this. in order of DEFINITELY not rb to “eh, probably not” i’m thinking like ...
- jack (if fakeclaimed vig, will get shot/resolve; otherwise, he is probably just the vig, so we should leave him alone either way)
- rsp (soulreading, everything else, etc. also should maybe just let him use his damn PR and see the announcement.)
- vf (swinging back and forth but i think i want to see the copcheck he softs)
- emmy/mist (might not submit anything, we could go here?)

reads aside that gives us bbt, mawile, mp7, trebek, and koko as options i think. let me know what you think, this will maybe change a bit once we reread/go through EoD
rari said:
from the rest of our list, i think i’d pick mp7 or koko. what do you think?
it turns out i misremembered the conversation and we hadn't narrowed it down to two people by PoE as i'd briefly thought, but rari was i think TRing bbt/mawile/trebek above you and mp7, so we chose between those two

and then i pointed out that mp7 wasn't mafia KP since she was jailed n0 and a kill went through. so we picked you

-m

and then i pointed out that mp7 wasn't mafia KP since she was jailed n0 and a kill went through. so we picked you
this was also a gamble because it's possible mafia has the ability to choose kill executor
but rari and i decided to go with this reasoning for the tiebreak lol because herbe's most recent scum experience would've been tvt where it was a chosen don
-m

great now that i'm not half asleep it occurs to me that those quotes could have been illegal heh but. i already posted it. motherfuck
anyway i just realized that technically herbe's most recent experience as scum was n0/d1 MU champs and idk how that works but whatever

right now my hypoteam is like, bbt/trebek/koko (maybe put mist in there if i feel lazy)
rari afaik is sort of ?_? because she keeps isoing people in the PoE and TLing trebek/koko

we were feeling good about bbt d1 because of a hypothesis we had about eifie posting (that she wouldn't have bothered making any sort of reads if the hydra were scum, since she could've coasted on memes) but we don't feel as great now

-m

@Redstrykephoenix is the announcer flavowriting the only power you have?

also in mewt's hypoteam i would probably soonest replace koko as of right now
but i'm mildly convinced that trebek is mafia

-m

the flavor of which i do not want to reveal as of right now in case someone makes a contradictory claim later on toDay - i haven't seen any contradictions yet, but it could happen?
a little 🤔 about this considering two PRs had already claimed in massclaim and this leaves room to switch between a role/flavor/regular cop claim, not sure i understand what fear town would have here
-m

the flavor of which i do not want to reveal as of right now in case someone makes a contradictory claim later on toDay - i haven't seen any contradictions yet, but it could happen?
a little 🤔 about this considering two PRs had already claimed in massclaim and this leaves room to switch between a role/flavor/regular cop claim, not sure i understand what fear town would have here
-m
my point with that was more that i am currently in a position to potentially catch out one of the remaining claims if it ends up being a fake claim, if that makes sense?

-m
my point with that was more that i am currently in a position to potentially catch out one of the remaining claims if it ends up being a fake claim, if that makes sense?
and if i indicated what type of role i had, it could tip off to someone intending to fakeclaim that they would need to adjust their fake

thinking reacts are because i think you could use the "i can catch someone in counterclaimland!" argument ad infinitum whenever claiming comes up
do you think your role is set up such that it would impact other fakeclaims like that ... ?
-m

oh, maybe i answered my own question, i can kind of see a scenario where the second makes sense

Back
Top Bottom