• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

(also, it is plausible that MP wrote #618 in the way that she did as mafia to dunk on specifically me / capture what she knows I know about her solving process, but see above re: "not today")

Can you elaborate on this, even if briefly?
Oh, it's just that I know how badly you want to style on me as w/v. So the thought hasn't escaped me that you ~could~ come into this game as mafia specifically not n0ing me so you can pocket me with a "Snom Mafia #611" type post.

Actually I probably definitely should sleep so I can be awake before EOD tomorrow and fullclaim if needed 😲

Curses!!! Hindered by my feeble body yet again!!!

tbh is really light but I noticed them reacting to posts more than posting their own thoughts
whenever you see a wave of reacts, it means that i am catching up tbh ^^
we're tending to discuss reads more in the chat than here, which can have... unideal effects sometimes. if you have questions about our progression on blu, feel free to ask away.
- rari
Okay, I definitely will. I was only on page 14 or 15 with catchup before I got distracted realtiming, so I know I'm missing stuff.

Hey tbh and Trebek, what do you think of MP's big post or push on Blu as it relates to her alignment? I feel like I townread it due to knowing things about how she works as town / how she approaches mafia so I'm curious to know what you think without as much of that knowledge.

i guess my tldr with blu stuff is this:

i agree with the tone spec that other people have been putting it out (even if i feel waaaay out of my depth with regards to these types of discussions lmao). it definitely feels like there is an element of nervousness there that hasn't been there in the past, but my current mindspace with regards to the whole thing wants to believe that this nervousness comes from blu having a new town role, not a mafia role. the only sketchy thing here would be the softclaim of VT, but im willing to entertain the universe where that was a joke made out of nervousness that sort of fell flat on its face?

basically i think im going to stop vocally speccing about this unless anything new happens bc my train of thought is starting to reach the point of "dont talk too hard about town PRs yet! bad trebek!"

I can dig it. I also would like to focus elsewhere, even while keeping my vote on Blu for the duration.

Hey tbh and Trebek, what do you think of MP's big post or push on Blu as it relates to her alignment? I feel like I townread it due to knowing things about how she works as town / how she approaches mafia so I'm curious to know what you think without as much of that knowledge.
How'd you like my questions?

Hey actually Keldeo, can you expand on what you liked about the reactions surrounding everything as it related to the non-me players some more?
Yeah for sure. I think, too, that I'm reaching the point with Blu where thinking about him more goes in circles and I just need to table him and think about other people for now. If he is mafia I do think this interaction clears a bunch of people, which is neat.

For you it was your progression onto Blu, I particularly liked the way you were able to expand on these really fiddly bits of his one post in conparison to your mental model of him in #618.

Trebek's posting is like, if Blu is town I think he doesn't need to be that devil's advocate or moderating voice, he can just let people jump onto Blu, and if Blu and he are mafia, there's kind of less need for him to leave that door open to reevaluate on him later with the "not a clear case" post. I still feel like Trebek/Blu w/w is probably significantly more likely than Trebek/Blu w/v but also Trebek/Blu v/w and v/v are both more likely than the former.

tbh is really light but I noticed them reacting to posts more than posting their own thoughts, which feels maybe goad-y if Blu is town and could be frozen busser.exe if Blu is mafia (idk if they start the push on him as partners, though, need to check the timestamps between their posts about Blu and your posts). I note that I'm missing a significant chunk of their progression on Blu.

I was just sketched out by the incongruence between VM's vote and the way he brought up the TVT comparison. Though I agree with his Trebek/Blu associative that he just pointed out.

No thoughts head empty on RSP/Mawile's behavior specifically here, but Mawile in particular doesn't need to specifically quote up the VT soft/PR claim discrepancy if they're partners. It's another "maybe too exposing" read.

I will file this away, thank you Keldeo.

tbh is really light but I noticed them reacting to posts more than posting their own thoughts, which feels maybe goad-y if Blu is town and could be frozen busser.exe if Blu is mafia (idk if they start the push on him as partners, though, need to check the timestamps between their posts about Blu and your posts). I note that I'm missing a significant chunk of their progression on Blu.
i can definitely talk more about it but mp7 completely mindmelded with me there
also blu has been listed as at the bottom of my tierlist for a while now (320)

I'm pretty okay with reading your slot as town for the mindmeld, but I would like to interact with you about other things too. A flag for tomorrow.

Sorry, what do you mean?
I was being silly, just asking if you liked my barrage of questions.

"Frozen" describes someone who doesn't know what to post in real time and therefore doesn't post anything, which is usually more applicable to mafia but there are also people who freeze as town.

Blu's reaction to the Eifie stuff read as like... the opposite of frozen tbh. I think that's part of why I liked it.

(MP's answer to "why did you ask what do you think" is probably what she replies with as either alignment and could even be genuine as mafia, but to be clear the theory was casting doubt along with hedging / without committing to anything, which her later progression blew a hole in)
Do you think I'd have a hard time committing to things if wolfing?
No, it's more like the specific model I had in my head of possible wolf MP7 approaching my post would have been like - "ehh I don't really see it, feels OTT" as a way of getting me to doubt my own read, especially because you know I'd probably "not today" read you and I know you correctly toneread him in Snom. Then continuing to catch up and do other stuff, and maybe you would have exploited that to push on Blu later. But hard pushing (presumably town) him after I've just expressed a snap townread on him is like... you'd read the room more, if that makes sense.

Why would Blu be frozen though, since he was under no pressure? I mean, don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying, but.

I understand better, thanks!

Sorry, what do you mean?
I was being silly, just asking if you liked my barrage of questions.
Oh! Of course! 😁

I thought you maybe meant on an alignment level and I feel like it's... ~how you'd approach my slot as either alignment? I can talk more about that but idt it's that relevant.

i'm a fan tbh! i understood all of the points that were being made, and it didnt feel like she was just, finding things to say about blu for the sake of having a vote (this might say more about my reading comprehension than it does about her posts but w/e). i also got gut town/solvy vibes from how she responded to my posts about it? something about acknowledging the opposing argument while still admitting that they want to have a pressure vote felt towny, as opposed to the other possibilities of a) "oh i see Trebek's point unvote haha" or b) "no ur wrong its blu haha"

my TR is probably not as strong as yours just due to lack of experience, but it's definitely there in at least some capacity

(also, it is plausible that MP wrote #618 in the way that she did as mafia to dunk on specifically me / capture what she knows I know about her solving process, but see above re: "not today")

Can you elaborate on this, even if briefly?
Oh, it's just that I know how badly you want to style on me as w/v. So the thought hasn't escaped me that you ~could~ come into this game as mafia specifically not n0ing me so you can pocket me with a "Snom Mafia #611" type post.

Oh, it will happen. Another time. Hehe.

Back
Top Bottom