• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

Why would Blu be frozen though, since he was under no pressure? I mean, don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying, but.
I think that aspect of the read is partially just liking genuineness / real-time expressivity as an antipode to nervousness, and it's partially that I think some wolves freeze even when they're under no pressure if they're hit by "unexpected" situations like folks openwolfing, though I don't know if Blu would be that type of wolf.

Hey tbh and Trebek, what do you think of MP's big post or push on Blu as it relates to her alignment? I feel like I townread it due to knowing things about how she works as town / how she approaches mafia so I'm curious to know what you think without as much of that knowledge.
How'd you like my questions?
Sorry, what do you mean?
I was being silly, just asking if you liked my barrage of questions.
Oh! Of course! 😁

I thought you maybe meant on an alignment level and I feel like it's... ~how you'd approach my slot as either alignment? I can talk more about that but idt it's that relevant.
Got it! Eh, we can always talk about it later if we actually need to solve each other on d3, hehe.

Hey tbh and Trebek, what do you think of MP's big post or push on Blu as it relates to her alignment? I feel like I townread it due to knowing things about how she works as town / how she approaches mafia so I'm curious to know what you think without as much of that knowledge.
i'm a fan tbh! i understood all of the points that were being made, and it didnt feel like she was just, finding things to say about blu for the sake of having a vote (this might say more about my reading comprehension than it does about her posts but w/e). i also got gut town/solvy vibes from how she responded to my posts about it? something about acknowledging the opposing argument while still admitting that they want to have a pressure vote felt towny, as opposed to the other possibilities of a) "oh i see Trebek's point unvote haha" or b) "no ur wrong its blu haha"

my TR is probably not as strong as yours just due to lack of experience, but it's definitely there in at least some capacity

You have TMI, don't you?

Nah, I'm okay with this. Trebek and Keldeo are town.

Why would Blu be frozen though, since he was under no pressure? I mean, don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying, but.
I think that aspect of the read is partially just liking genuineness / real-time expressivity as an antipode to nervousness, and it's partially that I think some wolves freeze even when they're under no pressure if they're hit by "unexpected" situations like folks openwolfing, though I don't know if Blu would be that type of wolf.
Okay, that makes sense. Thank you so much for answering all these things!

i'm a fan tbh! i understood all of the points that were being made, and it didnt feel like she was just, finding things to say about blu for the sake of having a vote (this might say more about my reading comprehension than it does about her posts but w/e). i also got gut town/solvy vibes from how she responded to my posts about it? something about acknowledging the opposing argument while still admitting that they want to have a pressure vote felt towny, as opposed to the other possibilities of a) "oh i see Trebek's point unvote haha" or b) "no ur wrong its blu haha"

my TR is probably not as strong as yours just due to lack of experience, but it's definitely there in at least some capacity

You have TMI, don't you?

Nah, I'm okay with this. Trebek and Keldeo are town.
Yeah I liked this post too. Something something spooling out worlds.

i am biased because she literally did completely mindmeld with me, but that notwithstanding i think it reads similarly to her restlessness in snom (like finding a lead and unraveling it) and not the sort of ... comparatively aimless detectivework from cats

granted i realize there were time limitations in cats, but i think there was a different amount of ... WIM, i guess? like i very vividly remember her going "i can't sleep, i have to figure out koko/trebek" in a way that i don't think she was tonally approaching in cats. even if she had had the capacity to

-m

i am rereading tbh
@Keldeo can you talk more about the rsp/vf not w/w read you mention in 568? don't think i'm understanding it
-m
Sure. In the abstract, if you're mafia and your partner posts something that is kind of untrue or wolfy knowing that they're wolf - in this case the time discrepancy between VM leaving thread and the movie starting - it's like... the kind of thing where you might wince or maybe walk it back a little bit rather than point it out with semi harsh wording. In other words if they're w/w RNP would be shining a spotlight on an actual weak point there. I think it's possible the calculus on the tone in particular changes because it's RNP, and it's a snap read based on a RVS interaction, but I like applying it lol.

Can I ask what you two think of Trebek? I haven't reread but feel pretty decent about him after this realtime stuff.

That paragraph turned out pretty long, the read isn't that strong, but I feel like I wouldn't have explained it well if it were shorter. Let me know if that makes sense?

granted i realize there were time limitations in cats, but i think there was a different amount of ... WIM, i guess? like i very vividly remember her going "i can't sleep, i have to figure out koko/trebek" in a way that i don't think she was tonally approaching in cats. even if she had had the capacity to

-m
wait im smooth braining what does WIM mean

Can I ask what you two think of Trebek? I haven't reread but feel pretty decent about him after this realtime stuff.
atm neutral-ish, but i haven't read this realtime stuff basically at all (rari or i'll be getting there at some point within the hour, hopefully! heh ...)
remember thinking earlier that the extended memeing felt more avoidant than i was expecting (i think i thought he'd talk more about rsp earlier than when i asked him directly since it was more mech-adjacent) but ultimately am at NAI on that, i think skimming this recent stuff made me lean v though?
-m

Back
Top Bottom