• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

idk i actually think we should probably massclaim seeing as
>lylo
but i am never the one who knows how to make calls like this lmao

-m

responses to things that I didn't have time to get to at EoD; most of this is irrelevant now but I did promise

I don't know why I still feel positive about him, everything he says is just making the case against him stronger and stronger
Can you try to explain this to me?
This is probably not too relevant any more, but there was a lot of superficial evidence against Blu, which just kept getting added to throughout the day. He claimed a role when it was a really bad idea to do so as town; the role was something that I had reason to believe didn't make sense as town-aligned; and then, when pushed, he published a load of stuff as "crumbs" that were really quite a stretch and didn't actually relate to the role at all. I think there were some other turns of phrase that pinged me as weird as well, but I don't think it's really worth going back through his ISO to try to identify them (though I will if you ask). And yet, despite all of that, it just didn't seem like something that made any sense for him to do as scum, and he seemed so earnest when he was panicking as we drew closer to EoD.

(To be clear, it's not that I think my gut is super-reliable: after all, it was also saying VF was mafia right up until they made their cop soft that turned out to be a lovers soft. But we'll get to that later.)

we're tending to discuss reads more in the chat than here, which can have... unideal effects sometimes. if you have questions about our progression on blu, feel free to ask away.
not quite what you said, but I am interested in your read on VF if any
lol i just saw this. hh, the memeing (around 61/etc) was pretty NAI to us but i think the progression on blu was ... questionable? in 622 vf agrees that their joke was 'obvious' and that blu's reactions seemed more forced than normal, votes him, and then turns back around in 651 with what sounds like a walkback (pointing out that there were reads made off of others' reactions to vm's joke in tvtropes) and partial blu defense

rari's/my postgame cred read is vf/blu w/w off of those two interactions. though blu v could be compatible with vf w just fine
This is good to know, thank you! This broadly correlates with what I was thinking about VF at the time as well: their behaviour as it related to Blu was oddly inconsistent, as was MP7's. Looking back at it, it probably also makes sense as a shared suspicion (do lovers also usually get out-of-thread communication on tcod?) or just, y'know, random paranoia.

The reason I asked you, specifically, about VF was because I had an inkling that you might also be on their scumteam and wanted to see to what degree you would defend them. Obviously, that suspicion was incorrect.

Before I talk about my w/w read on VF and MP7, as requested by keldeif, I just wanted to speculate briefly about last night's actions.

I agree with the interpretation that Jack probably shot Emmy and died for it, while the mafia shot VF and MP7 died as their lover. I think that the mafia's motivation for this was VF's thing-that-looked-like-a-cop-soft, which means that they noticed it.

Unfortunately, it's already been discussed openly in the thread so it's difficult to know for sure who was aware of it at start of day. However, I don't think their instant recognition of the situation and brief chat about it (starting at #1289), even though neither of them acknowledged it at EoD, looks good for Mawile or raritini. On the other hand, I like that keldeif mentioned noticing it shortly before EoD, while also trying to keep it hidden.

My current hypothesis for the scumteam is raritini/Mawile/Mist, possibly with Trebek in one of those slots instead.

Oh, by the way, I'm happy with a massclaim if everyone else agrees. I would rather we approach it as systematically as possible.

However, I don't think their instant recognition of the situation and brief chat about it (starting at #1289), even though neither of them acknowledged it at EoD, looks good for Mawile or raritini.
i never thought VF softed cop (and also don't see any hints at being cop?) but i also thought they said "i thought vm was cop tbh, i guess this makes sense"
which led to me speculating if VF as cop got a red check on n0, since his main focus was getting blu yeeted
and then raritini corrected me

by the way, now that tarot is over i can say that the reason i didn't want to vote jack is that i was pretty sure he was out of scum meta after having wolfed with him
-m

he was so unwilling to make actual reads/poke at posts that early in d1 as scum so i took the 145 here (if memory serves, that's the post? it was his catchup post where he replies to a few snippets) and townleaned him
-m

even though neither of them acknowledged it at EoD
said this above but my recognition of the soft was why i said this at EoD, i'm not really sure what this part of your post means
ok i don't want to vote jack ... ? or vf because of something that i think keldeo and mp7 also saw. if i had to pick would go jack but
Hmm, ok, that post apparently didn't register when I was reading through EoD. Where did you "say this above"?

cause if he got a red check n0 then why go so hard on trying to get blu yeeted before m+7 came in the thread
sorry hehe, i'm not following i think :'D so you didn't catch the cop softs by EoD1, and then speculated on possible cop because i mentioned that i thought it was a cop soft toDay, and then wondered about the possibility of him having a redcheck [on blu?]? or were you just split between that and the implication of a greencheck on mp7
Hmm, ok, that post apparently didn't register when I was reading through EoD. Where did you "say this above"?
this post

sorry hehe, i'm not following i think :'D so you didn't catch the cop softs by EoD1, and then speculated on possible cop because i mentioned that i thought it was a cop soft toDay, and then wondered about the possibility of him having a redcheck [on blu?]?
correct

Back
Top Bottom