• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

full disclosure:
was cop, checked tbhtbh N0 because didn't want to get pocketed

and the best part
Someone failed to see my N1 visit, but this time legitimately because they were'nt town
My original n0 was going to be on RSP (I think it was) and conflict with koko and it would've accidentally confirmed me

I chickened out because I was worried someone was going to worldbuild

tbh this is a bit of a spicy take, but every time a new medium appears there is a large backlash against it. it happened with parchment vs papyrus, then again with paper vs parchment and finally, to a much lesser extent, with wood-based paper vs cloth-based paper. what we’re seeing now is very likely to be the very beginning of a transition from paper to electronics. i am not saying that the physical book will disappear – it won’t, but by the end of the century it will have become something solemn and ~special~, much like the vinyl records are nowadays in terms of music. this is my take on the subject considering the history of the printed word.
ah, can't wait for some dink to invent the ebook that spits Old Book Smell in your face-

even the invention of writing itself wasn't always an uncontroversial event; most notoriously, renowned philosopher Socrates hated the stuff and felt like it'd ruin the people's memory, perhaps not too unlike more recent debacles about whether growing up with the internet is warping the brain capacity of the youth. it's because of this that we're stuck with Plato's tablet trail on the whole thing, and don't even know for sure that Socrates existed and wasn't a character that Plato came up with.

Socrates might not even been all wrong about it, too; while every written record that reaches us today is invaluable, the peoples who cared to keep their oral traditions alive have given us reliable glimpses into human life as far back as 10000 years ago. makes one wonder what memories we'd gain and what memories we'd lose if the dice had fallen even a little bit differently

... what do you guys mean there's a game ending-

Back
Top Bottom