• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Anyone else play Harvest Moon?

ultraviolet

sorry, i'm never going to stop being mad about it.
Staff member
Pronoun
she/her
I've played three: the original nintendo game (I married elli I think?), Back to Nature (playstation) and the DS version. I kind of want to get A Tale of Two Towns, but I'm not sure whether it's worth it or if it's just the same game with a different title.

What do you guys farm in HM? I usually go with chickens because they're super cute and easy to raise.

oh, I've also played the first two Rune Factory games. They're pretty okay I guess.

yes yesyesyesyesssss

I've played a bit of the first (god bless virtual console), More Friends of Mineral Town, Magical Melody (my personal favorite), Innocent Life (which is certain interesting), Another Wonderful Life (at least till my memory card crapped out *shakes fist at Nintendo*), Island of Happiness, bits of the two wii games, and Tale of Two Towns (plus some rune factory but I suck at it)

I really like Tale of Two Towns! It's different (mainly the whole "you can live in one of two towns and switch if you so decide") and kinda cool in that respect. The bachelors/bachelorettes are a little flat, but there are a hell of a lot of characters (eligible for marriage or otherwise) so that might have contributed?

OH YEAH FARMING I just kinda farm everything :D

Last edited:
I loooove Harvest Moon. :D I've played Friends of Mineral Town, A Wonderful Life, and the DS version. The DS one is definitely my favourite; I always saw it as an improved FoMT. I tried... Sunshine Islands? I think? Also Grand Bazaar or something. I never really got into them because they felt so different and I kept noticing that and wanting to play the first DS one, so I would do that instead. Maybe I'll try them again sometime, or A Tale of Two Towns. Anyone recommend a particular DS one?

The cows are adorable, especially in A Wonderful Life, so I guess those are my favourite things to raise. Also bell peppers, but they're not animals.

oh look at me, starting a thread and then forgetting I even made it. I r smrt
I really like Tale of Two Towns! It's different (mainly the whole "you can live in one of two towns and switch if you so decide") and kinda cool in that respect. The bachelors/bachelorettes are a little flat, but there are a hell of a lot of characters (eligible for marriage or otherwise) so that might have contributed?
I ended up getting Tale of Two Towns because my parents bought it for me for no reason (:D) and it seems really cute! I agree that the love interests are kind of boring, yes. Everything's so pretty though! and the horse actually does something! I started in Konohana because I'm really lazy and bad at raising animals, but I do kind of want llamas. :B

OH YEAH FARMING I just kinda farm everything :D
I farm like, all the vegetables. I have a file in HMDS and there are fruit trees everywhere. trees are great! it's like all the farming with none of the work. :D

I loooove Harvest Moon. :D I've played Friends of Mineral Town, A Wonderful Life, and the DS version. The DS one is definitely my favourite; I always saw it as an improved FoMT. I tried... Sunshine Islands? I think? Also Grand Bazaar or something. I never really got into them because they felt so different and I kept noticing that and wanting to play the first DS one, so I would do that instead. Maybe I'll try them again sometime, or A Tale of Two Towns. Anyone recommend a particular DS one?
A Tale of Two Towns is kind of nice! But it is pretty different from HMDS, graphically and gameplay-wise. HMDS is very, very exploitable (hello, fishing team in winter) and I don't think Two Towns is like that. Two Towns seems more Rune Factory-ish.

The cows are adorable, especially in A Wonderful Life, so I guess those are my favourite things to raise. Also bell peppers, but they're not animals.
I love cows! o3o but I'm pretty bad at raising animals, haha.

I always liked the look of them and have a GC one! (possibly More Friends...?) But I didn't like it much!! :c I think I just didn't give it enough time, or something. So should I try the DS one? :o

I... I had a lot of fun seducing my neighbours, though.

I ended up getting Tale of Two Towns because my parents bought it for me for no reason (:D) and it seems really cute! I agree that the love interests are kind of boring, yes. Everything's so pretty though! and the horse actually does something! I started in Konohana because I'm really lazy and bad at raising animals, but I do kind of want llamas. :B

wait there's llamas

did I seriously miss that

omg i just started playing harvest moon this year and i love it

I got DS Cute first which was probably the best impulse buy i ever made. played it like non stop for the first week even though half of that was "oh god what how do i do everything". and it was a year and a half in game time haha.

then i played Island of Happiness and then Animal Parade. AP is fuckin wonderful. i've got A Wonderful Life, Sunshine Islands and Magical Melody as well but i haven't yet played much of them :( i'm so lazy

when it comes to farming stuff i try and have like a variety of animals and crops (usually stuff what sells for the most lmao) but i think my favourite thing about all the games is MARRYING PEOPLE.......
Carter from DS Cute is my favourite husband ;_;

I love Harvest Moon ^__^ I've played A/nother Wonderful Life, Magical Melody, and Tree of Tranquility, and my sister has a few DS ones which I haven't played. I feel like I spent the most time and effort on Magical Melody, but finding out that your baby never grows up and stuff sorta stops changing kinda made me lose my passion :( Besides MM, I think A/nother Wonderful Life is good, sometimes a bit slow-paced, but I liked the fact that you could have male and female animals and breed them with each other, and have different types of cows and milk, rather than using only Miracle Potions for breeding and having only one type of milk like in MM and ToT.

My favorite aspect of Harvest Moon is raising animals! I always have a bunch and make most of my money from them. Horses are my favorite.

Actually, I'm about to go ask my mom if I can preorder A New Beginning! I want the cute yak plush and the game sounds great.

wait there's llamas

did I seriously miss that

Alpacas, actually. They appear Fall Year 2.

I own More Friends of Mineral Town, DS, Animal Parade, and Tale of Two Towns. The only one I'm not so found of is DS.

I primarily ranch, and I love cows the most. But sheep are super exploitable in AP.

I always liked the look of them and have a GC one! (possibly More Friends...?) But I didn't like it much!! :c I think I just didn't give it enough time, or something. So should I try the DS one? :o

I... I had a lot of fun seducing my neighbours, though.
the DS one is kind of great because it's pretty easy to pick up but there's loads of unlockable stuff if you work for it, like the hot springs and the infinite mines and stuff. once you get one thing like say, the maker barn, though, a lot of it becomes quite easy because you're making so much money.
also pretty much all of the bachelorettes are interesting! well except lumina I guess but oh well! you can marry a mermaid if you want!

I got DS Cute first which was probably the best impulse buy i ever made. played it like non stop for the first week even though half of that was "oh god what how do i do everything". and it was a year and a half in game time haha.
Ushi no Tane is really great for like, all the harvest moon games if you ever get stuck! DS/Cute do kind of drop you into the game without teaching you much.

My favorite aspect of Harvest Moon is raising animals! I always have a bunch and make most of my money from them. Horses are my favorite.
I always love the horse! In DS it's kind of hard to make them like you, though, so I usually forget about it because I'm bad at raising animals. u_u

Harvest Moon. Well, I've played it a little, but the game (Tree of Tranquility) now sits forgotten and dusty in a drawer somewhere. I have no idea how to farm for some reason so I make a living off animals. Horses are awesome.

Because I really like this thread and because the forum is going to start nagging me about not posting for two weeks soon and because I know you all really, really care, I thought I would post my thoughts about The Tale of Two Towns, which I'm making myself continue to play even though I'm getting HMDS nostalgia like whoa. :o

So far it kind of seems like there's nothing to do? I'm only on Spring 6, so hopefully I'll get to unlock a ton of stuff or something, but right now it's just... pet my animals and talk to a few people and then go chill around the mountain or something idk. I went all the way to Konohana to get some seeds but I can't do anything with them because neither Eileen nor the panda guy seem to ever do any work so I have no clue how to get tools. If I'd started in Konohana would I have gotten a bunch of seeds and a hoe and stuff instead of a cow and a chicken? It doesn't seem like there's much to explore on the mountain anyway, so that's kind of boring, and there doesn't seem to be a mine. :( Will there be one or will all the tools be non-upgradeable or something?

I'm missing whistling and the tv and knowing what the weather's going to be and being able to save without having to go to bed, but I do like that I can't accidentally litter and make everyone hate me anymore. (I think.) Chickens are really, really, really cute and I am saddened that time passes inside buildings so I always feel bad about wasting time sitting around playing with my chicken for hours on end. Maybe I'll get more chickens. My cow is okay but she's not a chicken. Also do horses just... go into the barn on their own when it rains? I couldn't figure out how to get my horse back into the barn so I just left him at the entrance and the next day it was raining and apparently he'd teleported back into the barn.

I started in Bluebell because Cam is pretty and I didn't know if you could marry someone in the other village, but I really like the music in Konohana so maybe I'll move there. I also liked the part where they played the start screen theme from AWL; I've always loved that piece. They should play it more. Besides that I'm not really liking the music as much as I have in the other games, but I haven't heard the other seasons themes yet so \o/ impress me, Natsume!

Now I guess I will go make another herb salad because I made one a couple of days ago for the cooking festival but I've just realized that freshness is a thing in this game.

To can marry people from either town and you can move too. The mayor should show you how to farm soonish. You'll get more tools then. Axe and Hammer are received by increasing the blacksmith in Konohana and then checking it's request board. (He likes bamboo.) The carpenter puts out upgrade and tunnel requests at the beginning of every month. Befriend her and get two higher request ranks to get the two Big Beds.

Tools become upgradable the more you befriend the blacksmith. Mine is in the tunnel. You need to befriend Lancy and Howard to marry Cam, and Ash and Georgia by one flower for his heart events. He likes all flowers.

Befriending Howard gets you more cooking stuff, Ash ranching tools, and Nori clothes. Rutger gives you fishing pole and radio to check weather.

Harvest Moon? Oh I'm a nerd when it comes to the series. Ummm...Let's see. I've played

-The one for the SNES on the VC(It's the original right?)
-Animal Parade
-One of the GB ones(Can't remember)
-Grand Bazar
-Tale of Two Towns
-Tree of Happiness

Gosh I love this series-The spinoff Rune Factory series is good too!

I want to play New Beginnings sometime soon as well.

I love Harvest Moon! Well, actually, I have only played Harvest Moon DS Cute. I really don't care about the harvest sprites and stuff, I only play to keep my farm animal and crops healthy.

Back
Top Bottom