• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Hack Discussion

Out of curiosity, what will we be doing about Dream World Abilities? Will pokemon be allowed to be bought with them, or will there be some sort of other method of obtaining them?

Minor bug: on the item management page, my Serene Grace Deerling's ability shows up blank ("<>") if I give her an item.

After a few hiccups, a large update to the hack has been installed. Its largest components are backend things that you can't see, but there are a few changes you might appreciate:

- ASB fakemon sprites have been redone so they all have the correct dimensions.
- The "starter deal" has been fixed so that it doesn't stick around until you buy a starter, but expires immediately upon your first purchase, regardless of its contents.
- A pokémon's EXP/happiness total doesn't become hidden when it becomes able to evolve.
- A pokémon's happiness score is displayed properly, instead of always being zero.
- If you give another person a pokémon holding an item, the ownership of the item will be transferred in addition to the pokémon.
- Items can now be transferred directly between trainers.
- Porygon-Z's sprites now display properly.
- Pokémon with buyable evolutions now gain the appropriate number of EXP to complete that evolution, instead of just changing form and staying at zero. For the moment this only really matters for metang, but eh.
- Pokémon with dreamworld abilities now have their abilities displayed correctly on the "Manage Items" screen.
- You can now give your pokémon an apostrophe-containing nickname.
- Signature moves and attributes can now be added.
- Signature moves look slightly less ugly when viewed on your pokémon's information screen.
- You can now see a pokémon's signature move/attribute from its owner's profile.

However, I have not added all existing signature moves/attributes to the system. It will probably take me a couple of weeks to get to that, and there are still some little issues with them (most notably paragraphing not working properly at the moment). If you complain about not having your signature moves and/or attributes, I will ignore you and be sure to get around to yours last.

Thanks for the update, Negrek. :D How /do/ you buy evolutions, though? I've had that Magikarp for quite long enough now.

Also, if/once businesses can be messed around with in the hack, wouldn't the buyable evolutions EXP thing be easily exploitable? Buy evolution, use EXP, Pokemon devolves, buy evolution again, etc.

Cache-refreshed a few times and still can't see my porygon-z's sprite, and the fakemon sprites are still at nonstandard sizes for me.

Also, apparently one of my eevee is missing two happiness. (You didn't list happiness gain, but he was holding a soothe bell when the battle started if you check the squads. Also that battle was never tagged but whatever.)

Otherwise, tres cool.

EDIT:

Why is the "Your Current Battles" slot blank when I'm in a battle?

Negrek has said several times that that functionality still isn't working.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Negrek. :D How /do/ you buy evolutions, though? I've had that Magikarp for quite long enough now.

Also, if/once businesses can be messed around with in the hack, wouldn't the buyable evolutions EXP thing be easily exploitable? Buy evolution, use EXP, Pokemon devolves, buy evolution again, etc.
Ah, was that magikarp on your squad from before the hack? I flagged it so it can evolve now. If you bought it more recently, though, that's a problem; ordinarily it should come ready to evolve.

You explicitly can't use EXP from bought evolution to make rare candies for just that reason.

Cache-refreshed a few times and still can't see my porygon-z's sprite, and the fakemon sprites are still at nonstandard sizes for me.

Also, apparently one of my eevee is missing two happiness. (You didn't list happiness gain, but he was holding a soothe bell when the battle started if you check the squads.)

Otherwise, tres cool.

EDIT:

Negrek has said several times that that functionality still isn't working.
I'll take a look into the images; maybe Buttefree hasn't uploaded them yet for some reason. gdi she renamed the porygon-z sprite something different on these forums than it was when I sent her the file; I'll see what's up with that.

That eevee has its happiness; the fact that eevee can evolve using EXP overrides the fact that it can evolve by happiness, so all you can see is the 0/4 EXP declaration, even though it does have happiness.

Hmm. Unless I'm mistaken, the large porygon-z sprite used to be broken while the party sprite worked. The situation is now reversed. I'll see what's up with that.

Fakemon sprites do indeed still appear to be the old versions. Actually, though, Osgrave was one I wasn't able to properly correct (it's too big, rather than too small). Any chance of getting a proper 80 x 80 version, Kratos?

I might fix the EXP/happiness thing, but it would honestly be a pain and I'll probably find a lot of other things to do.

At this point, all pokémon with AHBE moves should have those moves recorded properly.

Shouldn't the size be 96x96 to accommodate BW sprites?

And no, I was never able to see the party icon but iirc could always see the battle sprite for p-z.

EDIT: Also, what's up is the hack is looking for "porygonz.png" when the filename is "porygon-z.png", apparently.

Nope, I got the Magikarp pre-hack. He's just been evolved. Thanks!

And I meant if businesses become automatic, e.g. you can buy from user-owned stores and get your item right away, donate EXP to Lacuna Labs and get your money right away, etc. Would it be possible to detect what EXP was paid for and what was earned? Or maybe businesses becoming automatic won't happen in the near future and I'm worrying about nothing.

Shouldn't the size be 96x96 to accommodate BW sprites?

And no, I was never able to see the party icon but iirc could always see the battle sprite for p-z.

EDIT: Also, what's up is the hack is looking for "porygonz.png" when the filename is "porygon-z.png", apparently.
Whoops, yeah, guess so.

What in the hell i dont even w/regards to porygon-z.

How do you remove Items?
My Cleffa's Moon Stone doesn't appear in the Manage Items page (if that's how it works)
Did you get the cleffa from somebody else?

Nope, I got the Magikarp pre-hack. He's just been evolved. Thanks!

And I meant if businesses become automatic, e.g. you can buy from user-owned stores and get your item right away, donate EXP to Lacuna Labs and get your money right away, etc. Would it be possible to detect what EXP was paid for and what was earned? Or maybe businesses becoming automatic won't happen in the near future and I'm worrying about nothing.
Businesses are absolutely not going to happen any time this year, possibly not even next year. The battle system itself comes first, then automating trading and birthdays, and then businesses after that.

Who'd you get it from? Because the item was attached before this update, I'll have to be the one to remove it, and then I can send it to your inventory.

Back
Top Bottom