• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

let's say my Poliwag accrued the necessary two experience to evolve into Poliwhirl, and is holding a Water Stone.

Would it evolve into Poliwrath immediately, or would you still need another battle?

let's say my Poliwag accrued the necessary two experience to evolve into Poliwhirl, and is holding a Water Stone.

Would it evolve into Poliwrath immediately, or would you still need another battle?

The requirement for evolution with items is that eligible Pokémon need to battle while holding the item, so it's nothing to do with experience, as such. I'd imagine it's immaterial what your Poliwag did holding a Water Stone anyway, since it's Poliwhirl that evolves with it and not Poliwag.

for that matter, what would happen if a porygon got went into a battle with an upgrade, tricked it away, and used thief to get a dubious disc?

If one command is given for each action, then two general conditionals applying to every action, does it count as too many conditionals? Specific case:
Dragonbreath, Secret Power, Swift.
If something (Protect, Substitute, etc.) prevents you attacking, Chill. If he tries to get you with a Status Condition, use Protect, but NOT TWICE IN A ROW.
Dragonbreath / Chill / Protect, Secret Power / Chill / Protect, Swift / Chill / Protect.

for that matter, what would happen if a porygon got went into a battle with an upgrade, tricked it away, and used thief to get a dubious disc?

It's still a porygon until the evolution into porygon2 is actually approved, at which point the battle would be over and any in-battle item-switching would be moot.

If one command is given for each action, then two general conditionals applying to every action, does it count as too many conditionals? Specific case:

As long as there are no more than three possible moves to perform in any one action, it is not too many conditionals.

Also, please separate actions in a string using ~, not commas. It looks cluttered and confusing the way you've done it.

If my Misdreavus had no item at the start of battle and Tricked over her opponent's Dusk Stone, would she evolve after the battle?

No. Items that have an effect out of battle (e.g. soothe bell's effect, evolution items' effects) have their effect trigger once when the pokemon is sent into battle and never again later. Thus it is also not possible to prevent an opponent's stone-evolving pokemon from being able to evolve after a battle by knocking off/tricking away or otherwise removing the stone during battle.

I'm going to assume this isn't allowed, but are you able to create battles with specific prizes? Like 'the winner of this battle will also receive one water stone' or 'the winner of this battle will receive double prize money and the loser will receive nothing'. I just have a couple of ideas for arenas that I'd like to put into practice.

If you're willing to buy a water stone to put up as a prize, then you can certainly offer it at the close of a battle; likewise with pokémon. If it's a case of wanting to bamf an item or something out of nowhere to be a prize, then you would need to clear it with me first, and you would probably be asked to reduce e.g. the normal monetary prize if you're also going to have the item, or something like that. Likewise, if you want to alter the normal prize-receiving rules ("loser gets nothing" etc.) then you would need to clear it with me first.

I would prefer that it not be a common thing, but as long as you run it by me first then there's nothing inherently wrong with the idea.

Is there any way to change the signature attribute of a fully-evolved Pokemon while keeping ownership of it without transferring it to another person and taking it back? I know it's said that it can only be changed when a Pokemon evolves or switches owners, but I'm dying to make a few modifications and I'd feel bad if I exploited a loophole in the rules.

That depends on how much you intend on changing it. If you just want to tweak some power percentages or maybe add/remove an effect or something, then that's okay. If you're talking a total change in concept, e.g. going from "he is apparently half ice-type now" to "he has ~LASER EYES~", then no.

About that question: if I made a signature attribute but forgot a certain thing(like what will happen if this and that will happen), can I add it, or do I need to wait for evolution?

Again, it depends on what you were thinking of adding.

I discourage making changes to existing attributes and moves; unless it's something very minor or you can make a good case as to why you need to make the change, I probably won't look upon it favorably.

You mean, could you get a signature move approved, go out and accept a bunch of challenges, make a change to the signature move, and then have that change be applied in the battles coming off those challenges you took? Yes, because if the change got approved it wouldn't be significant enough to affect the battle.

Speaking of Mantine, how would you go about evolving a Mantyke? Do you level it up while a remoraid is in your active squad?

Do you level it up while a remoraid is in your active squad?
Just felt I should point out that there aren't any levels here; you mean battle with Remoraid in the Squad. Sorry.

To give a purpose to this: I plan to keep track of my Pokémon's EXP even after they're fully evolved, in case I need / can use it elsewhere (like the memory modifier). But for my Feebas, should I contiue tracking Happiness or begin tracking EXP?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom