• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Ahh, okay. tbh that makes more sense. But nooo I liked my super-powered priority moves!

I hope this update isn't too soon? 8D; (maybe after our tourney battle wraps up heh) Also in that update, will Natural Gift be changed to be closer to the in-game equivalent?

Oh thank God you scared the shit out of me Negrek

So Mach Punch and Feint would still make a Fighting-typed Feint? Since they're both priority

blazheirio889

Well, both updates to the rules and the attack guide have been really, urgently pressing for a while now, and I've talked a fair amount about both (yes, natural gift will be very similar to the ingame version). I really do intend to get them done soon, at least by the end of the year my god, but I can't say exactly how long it would be.

Ideally I'd get the rule rewrite done over my Thanksgiving break, but since that's only four days long and I'm going to need to spend a fair amount of it doing my 30,000 words of NaNo makeup because this November is like Hell: now with more frostbite, that may not actually happen. But the timescale should hopefully be weeks rather than months.

But if there were to be some strategy that, hypothetically, you had constructed, that required that the rules remain in their present form in the future, then I imagine your referee would be fine with continuing to use them for the last round or so of a battle that had gone on almost exclusively under the old version.

The Omskivar

Oh thank God you scared the shit out of me Negrek

So Mach Punch and Feint would still make a Fighting-typed Feint? Since they're both priority
More or less--it would be more powerful than either attack alone, of course, and it would be at mach punch speed rather than feint speed.

Can Spikes be set up more than once to inflict extra damage, like in the games? If so, can Stealth Rock do the same?

Will a Leech Seed burn off a Pokémon using an attack that involves becoming engulfed in flames (e.g. Flame Charge) even if the Pokémon wasn't commanded to burn it off?

Will a Leech Seed burn off a Pokémon using an attack that involves becoming engulfed in flames (e.g. Flame Charge) even if the Pokémon wasn't commanded to burn it off?
Yes

Will Solarbeam's power be decreased if used inside?
If there's no access to sunlight, yes. If there are windows or something, no.

Does Thunder Wave affect Ground-types?
No

I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Is it possible for a Pokemon to make multiple small but weaker Will-o-wisps in one action?
No

In addition to this, would things such as Cotton Spore, Cotton Guard be burned off? Cotton is pretty damn flammable.
Yes

A pokémon can't use telkinesis on itself, no. A pokémon could try to intercept an attack, that is, try to get hit by it, but it would take the action to do so.

Does pain split ignore the damage cap? (This was asked before, but I couldn't seem to find the answer)

Back
Top Bottom