• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

The description of Bide says "The energy associated with every damage-dealing attack the user endures is stored up throughout the round". Does this mean that one could use Bide at the start of the first action, take three damaging attacks, and then release Bide, or are they restricted to only waiting two?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but bide always lasts three actions. If you mean "can I wait on the third action of bide and have it go off after the opponent's attack," sure.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but bide always lasts three actions. If you mean "can I wait on the third action of bide and have it go off after the opponent's attack," sure.

Referring to healing a friend with Softboiled, in FR/LG (this is the only game I've tested it in, not sure about others) Softboiled is a field move to heal a teammate for a bit of Chansey's health.

Yeah, that was what I was asking, thank you. I didn't really phrase it properly.

Gravity prevents the move from being executed, so the Pokemon will not be able to jump.

The description implies otherwise, though:

"The user greatly increases the pull of gravity within the bounds of the arena, making all attempts at flight or levitation incredibly energy-costly if not outright impossible. [...] and attacks that require leaping or temporary flight or levitation will be incredibly difficult to perform."

Tough, not impossible, so Pokemon don't all just have their feet glued to the ground. So would that mean that a Pokemon could try and Hi Jump Kick and crash, or does it mean that unless it's specifically trying really really hard to jump against Gravity, it won't be able to go high enough to crash? Or is it that some kinds of undefined leap or fly moves will mysteriously make the Pokemon stick to the ground if it tries them?

Last edited:
Referring to healing a friend with Softboiled, in FR/LG (this is the only game I've tested it in, not sure about others) Softboiled is a field move to heal a teammate for a bit of Chansey's health.
I know.

Hiikaru ♥;558549 said:
Tough, not impossible, so Pokemon don't all just have their feet glued to the ground. So would that mean that a Pokemon could try and Hi Jump Kick and crash, or does it mean that unless it's specifically trying really really hard to jump against Gravity, it won't be able to go high enough to crash? Or is it that some kinds of undefined leap or fly moves will mysteriously make the Pokemon stick to the ground if it tries them?
Unless the pokémon is actively trying to work against the increased gravity to execute the move, it will not be able to jump high enough to crash or successfully complete the attack.

Can a Pokémon use Endure to take reduced damage from a move, even if the attack wouldn't have knocked them out otherwise?

Is there a specific way the variations in base power from Eruption and Water Spout are supposed to work?

It's based on percentage of max health- for stuff like that I use Bulbapedia to calculate the base power. For a full-health Pokemon it's 150% BP

How much of a boost in speed does Tailwind provide? The Guide says a slight boost, while the games say that speed doubles. If the Guide is correct, how much is "slight"?

Back
Top Bottom