• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

I'm a bit confused by protecting reactively.
Trainer A: You're faster, so start with a Thunder Wave. For any action he's Protecting, use Work Up instead.
Trainer B: Protect yourself from that Thunder Wave.

I interpret this to be pokemon A using thunder wave and not work up since by the time pokemon B would have used protect, pokemon A would've already started using thunder wave. Is this correct?

It often depends on wording, imo. If the protect would only be set up once the thunder wave is already used, then trainer A can't work up. If they're gonna protect because trainer A prepares thunder wave, feints thunder wave, or has commanded thunder wave, they can have time to work up. Also, again, ref interpretation.

Because trainer B gave no conditional, their pokémon will protect immediately. This will cause pokémon A to use work up.

What degree of awareness Pokémon have towards moves they don't know?

For example, if I commanded my Totodile to use Magma Storm, would it react with a "wtf why would you think I know Magma Storm" or with a "wtf is a Magma Storm"?

Yes, this matters.

Since you can create conditionals for "if X does Y" regardless of whether your pokémon knows Y, all new pokémon are obviously forced to watch simulations of attacks until it's burned into their minds. How else would you use a magical battle simulator that can create perfect renditions of any pokémon in existence?

"Banned Moves: [...] Earth moving/shaking (Earthquake, Rock Throw, etc.)" Should this include Dig? I'm thinking so...

Yeah, but I'm not entirely sure, so I want another opinion, and I'm not going to ask the person who made the arena since he's one of the battlers.

I would say yes, but you should ask the owner of the arena;' it's their call. If you think it would lead to an unfair situation (e.g. the opponent ordered dig, so they're going to get screwed over if the arena-creator says no), give people the opportunity to reorder.

Oh, I like that. Yeah, I'll do that.

EDIT: The opponent who ordered Dig posted second. Should I just give her the opportunity to reorder if the arena creator says Dig shouldn't fly? And should I let her reorder entirely or just swap out the Dig for something else?

EDIT 2: This is the particular post.

Last edited:
Since she ordered second and nobody else is coming after her, you can just give her the option to reorder. She can change the whole command string, not just the actions for which dig is specified.

Since she ordered second and nobody else is coming after her, you can just give her the option to reorder; player one would've already been locked into their commands at the time she posted. She can change the whole command string, not just the actions for which dig is specified.

How much power is gained from successive Rollouts? I would assume x2, as in the games, but it seems rather excessive for ASB purposes.

Back
Top Bottom